Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sheba12

sue103 wrote: »
    Thanks Hope1,
    Sorry you can't make the 5th but don't worry we will let you know all the details, hope everything is well with you.

Sue103:o
    hi everyone i finally got my results in writing thank god no ruptures im hopeing to be there on the 5th just waiting on m boss to see have i the day off so fingers crossed ill be there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

sheba12 wrote: »
    sue103 wrote: »
    Thanks Hope1,
    Sorry you can't make the 5th but don't worry we will let you know all the details, hope everything is well with you.

Sue103:o
    hi everyone i finally got my results in writing thank god no ruptures im hopeing to be there on the 5th just waiting on m boss to see have i the day off so fingers crossed ill be there:)

Great Sheba12, hopefully you can make it bd we look forward to meeting with you x

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Ah good news so, hope you have a nice boss :) and look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

http://www.rivermedical.ie/assets/files/White%20paper.pdf

Hello Ladies,

Hope you're all doing ok, it's been quiet again on boards, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy. It would be nice to hear from you all and how you're all getting on, and if there's been any new developments with your own situations regarding PIPs.

We've been meeting up on a regular basis as usual, and lots of hard work going on in the background as usual by us while we continue to go to work and get on with our own daily lives as best we can. Tomorrow PIP Action Group is meeting with all TD's and Senators in Leinster House to do a presentation on the PIP issue affecting women, and to move forward with the Cross Party Committee people. We will update you as to how that goes. Next week then we have a follow up meeting with the Chief Medical Officer and the Irish Medicines Board, and not forgetting our PIP Information Day on Sat 5th May in the Red Cow Inn, Dublin 22. We have been quite busy preparing for all of these meetings and events.

I came across this article (link above) on the internet, and found it to be very informative for anyone considering cosmetic surgery in general. It also touches on regulation of the industry also. So please have a read of it, and as we always say, it's your decision at the end of the day who you choose, but please always do your own research. Hope it helps.

Another busy long day for the group today ladies, but just to let you all know it went very well. We met with TD's and Senators today in Leinster House. We were well received and we had a good turnout from all parties. We're hoping to receive word back in the next few days from other TD's wishing to join the Cross Party Committee currently headed up by Anne Ferris, and indeed to turn up to the PIP Information Day next Saturday.

So another positive step forward, and next week is our follow up meeting with the State's Chief Medical Officer. Light at the end of the tunnel is coming ladies :)

Hope everyone's doing well.

Well done today PIP Action Group:D

• Advertisement

Hello Ladies,

Well one week to our PIP Information Day, hope you all have your tickets? Please contact us through our website www.pipactiongroup.com to request your ticket if you haven't already done so.:) We are looking forward to meeting with you all on the day.

We have a great list of speakers from the different industries associated with the PIP issue lined up to speak to everyone on the day, and to individuals afterwards.

A selection of Solicitors currently working with PIP clients
    A clinical Psychologist and his team who are currently going to hold a workshop for all PIP affected ladies
    A non PIP using cosmetic clinic, and a selection of Surgeons
    Patient Focus Group

We'll be busy this weekend working on our upcoming meeting (next Friday) with the State's Chief Medical Officer, so here's hoping for a very promising week next week. Enjoy your weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sheba12

hi every one how ye all doing,just letting ye know i wont be able to make the meeting couldnt get the day off work saturdays are a bad day for me to get off. but good luck to each and everyone of ye that are going to be there and hope ye all speak up for yourselves:)

hi every one how ye all doing,just letting ye know i wont be able to make the meeting couldnt get the day off work saturdays are a bad day for me to get off. but good luck to each and everyone of ye that are going to be there and hope ye all speak up for yourselves:)

Hi Sheba,

Shame about Saturday, but sure it's understandable you have to work. Hoping this weather doesn't put people off travelling now, but don't think it will. A great response so far from women in general, and we've a great selection of speakers lined up. A few more Surgeons and Solicitors have agreed to come on the day and do a short presentation, and speak to individuals afterwards, so it'll be good for women to have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Hi Sheba,

Shame about Saturday, but sure it's understandable you have to work. Hoping this weather doesn't put people off travelling now, but don't think it will. A great response so far from women in general, and we've a great selection of speakers lined up. A few more Surgeons and Solicitors have agreed to come on the day and do a short presentation, and speak to individuals afterwards, so it'll be good for women to have a choice.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pledge-taxpayer-implants-cost-145528627.html

Well Ladies,

For those who didn't see the 6pm RTE news tonight, make sure you watch it at 9pm and see what Mr. Holohan (Chief Medical Officer) has to say :D and to see our own Sarita speak to RTE about it also.

It's very positive news, and tomorrow we will find out the rest of the details when we meet with Mr. Holohan. Our hard work is paying off thankfully. So we are looking forward to that, and will update you all at the meeting on Saturday. We will also update those who cannot attend.

It's looking to be a very promising bank holiday weekend, so chins up all you ladies out there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

Great work pip action group , finally we have been heard. Hopefully they will have to remove and replace :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HI All,

Thank you firstly- GREAT work by the PAG. Who would have thought we women could be so powerful, meeting TD's and not standing for this behaviour. WELL DONE!

On another note, i am registered to attend the meeting tomorrow in the Red Cow, however as i looked at your pipactiongroup website today i saw an link to an article written by Dr <snip>. Im very confused and a little upset, he is the man who put my PIP implants in!! He is the man who said he was charging me crazy money for them to be taken out. (i had them out elsewhere)I dont want to ever see him again in my life, so would you mind letting me know is he going tomorrow? just because if he is I wont be in attendance, i find him too upsetting to be around and I am surprised his article is on your site- you ladies are TOO good to be using work and articles written by a man who put PIPS in. Can you let me know ladies? Thanks a million i hope i dont seem harsh I just know i never want to see him again if not Ill see you tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EllaR

I'm sorry to write negative things too when Pip action group have worked so hard. I had a bad experience with dr <snip> too. I made an appointment explaining I had the pip's. He was 3rd surgeon I went to see. First one was a complete 'yes, everything is possible no problem', 2nd one works for Beaumont n was highly recommended. He does reconstructive surgery. He frightened me though because everything was quite negative n complicated. He told me 2nd time round i might have to go a bit bigger which i really dont want. Or if i dont have them replaced i stil have good risk of complications..i fluid that forms where implant was. I was hoping dr <snip> would b a happy medium. When I brought up things that 2nd surgeon had said he changed from smiles to abruptly ending consult. He wanted me out of room! To top it off I went down to reception where they told me I owed 100e! I wasnt told about this b4 consult and was horrified. This is an ugly business is what I think now and it's v hard to trust any of them.
    It's really important to b able to share here so hope it's ok and it doesn't take away from hard work girls have done.

HI All,

Thank you firstly- GREAT work by the PAG. Who would have thought we women could be so powerful, meeting TD's and not standing for this behaviour. WELL DONE!

On another note, i am registered to attend the meeting tomorrow in the Red Cow, however as i looked at your pipactiongroup website today i saw an link to an article written by Dr <snip>. Im very confused and a little upset, he is the man who put my PIP implants in!! He is the man who said he was charging me crazy money for them to be taken out. (i had them out elsewhere)I dont want to ever see him again in my life, so would you mind letting me know is he going tomorrow? just because if he is I wont be in attendance, i find him too upsetting to be around and I am surprised his article is on your site- you ladies are TOO good to be using work and articles written by a man who put PIPS in. Can you let me know ladies? Thanks a million i hope i dont seem harsh I just know i never want to see him again if not Ill see you tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

Hi Ladies I just wanted to be clear about one thing Dr <snip> will not be attending our meeting tomorrow I know this would be distressing for some of our PIP ladies and I can assure we wouldnt do that xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

Another busy long day for the group today ladies, but just to let you all know it went very well. We met with TD's and Senators today in Leinster House. We were well received and we had a good turnout from all parties. We're hoping to receive word back in the next few days from other TD's wishing to join the Cross Party Committee currently headed up by Anne Ferris, and indeed to turn up to the PIP Information Day next Saturday.

So another positive step forward, and next week is our follow up meeting with the State's Chief Medical Officer. Light at the end of the tunnel is coming ladies :)

Hope everyone's doing well.

Well done today PIP Action Group:D

well done girls thats brilliant thanks again for all the hard work it is very much appreciated :)

Well Ladies,

For those who didn't see the 6pm RTE news tonight, make sure you watch it at 9pm and see what Mr. Holohan (Chief Medical Officer) has to say :D and to see our own Sarita speak to RTE about it also.

It's very positive news, and tomorrow we will find out the rest of the details when we meet with Mr. Holohan. Our hard work is paying off thankfully. So we are looking forward to that, and will update you all at the meeting on Saturday. We will also update those who cannot attend.

It's looking to be a very promising bank holiday weekend, so chins up all you ladies out there :D

hi girls i just watched last nights news, did i hear correctly all 1500 women will be offered free removal ?

jojom wrote: »
    hi girls i just watched last nights news, did i hear correctly all 1500 women will be offered free removal ?
    sarita i think you are so brave to be a voice for the rest of us pip ladies i think u and the rest of pip action group should be so proud, i will be there tommorow hope to meet you and thank you and the rest of the group in person :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

I'm a straight guy (albeit a partime crossdresser) but I think it's shocking that a producer or a supplier can escape their resonsibilities in regards to these life threatening implants. Without sounding massivley PC, if politicians' daughters or mothers were implanted or if it was an issue which affected men then there would be a much higher level of support. The company is run by a psycho, the only real option is for the State to step in and pay for the removal all PIP implants. It would be my tax payments well spent for once.

jojom wrote: »
    sarita i think you are so brave to be a voice for the rest of us pip ladies i think u and the rest of pip action group should be so proud, i will be there tommorow hope to meet you and thank you and the rest of the group in person :) x

Thank you Jojom, it was lovely to meet you on Saturday and so many other lovely ladies, it's ladies like yourself that make putting ourselves on the frontline worth it.

Sarita xxxx

I'm a straight guy (albeit a partime crossdresser) but I think it's shocking that a producer or a supplier can escape their resonsibilities in regards to these life threatening implants. Without sounding massivley PC, if politicians' daughters or mothers were implanted or if it was an issue which affected men then there would be a much higher level of support. The company is run by a psycho, the only real option is for the State to step in and pay for the removal all PIP implants. It would be my tax payments well spent for once.

Thank you heathersissy79, you are entirely right this would never have happened if it was men that were affected or indeed someone high profile and if there were more people who thought like you did then we wouldnt be in this mess but hey we're not going away anytime soon so people have to stand up and take notice.
    xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 JustPeachy

Well done girls, you've made amazing progress with Harley. The rest of us will never be able to repay your hard work. I was thrilled to hear RTE news on Saturday night, though I had to pretend not to be listening/interested at the in-laws!!! I guess I'll be trying to contact Harley tomorrow to see what the story is with scheduling operations, has anyone heard from them yet with a date??

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0507/1224315686908.html

You girls have done so much for everyone , you are inspirational !! xxx

HI All,

On another note, i am registered to attend the meeting tomorrow in the Red Cow, however as i looked at your pipactiongroup website today i saw an link to an article written by Dr Chatzis. Im very confused and a little upset, he is the man who put my PIP implants in!! He is the man who said he was charging me crazy money for them to be taken out. (i had them out elsewhere)I dont want to ever see him again in my life, so would you mind letting me know is he going tomorrow? just because if he is I wont be in attendance, i find him too upsetting to be around and I am surprised his article is on your site- you ladies are TOO good to be using work and articles written by a man who put PIPS in. Can you let me know ladies? Thanks a million i hope i dont seem harsh I just know i never want to see him again if not Ill see you tomorrow!

Hi there,
    I see you're only a "guest user" of boards. Are you the lady who emailed us late on Friday evening? We had problems emailing you back! some problem with your email address?
    I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Are you a Clane patient then? Clane were actually the first clinic to offer some kind of solution to their patients regarding removal and replacement if a rupture wasn't present, and much more acccomodating than HMG. They have been engaging with their patients and sending them for ultrasounds at no cost to their patients. Did you go for your scan before you opted for surgery elsewhere? Their option was a lot less expensive than what was being offered elsewhere. The article was actually written before all this PIP nightmare began, and I consider it to be very informative for anyone considering any cosmetic procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Hi guys, haven't been on in a while but wanted to post to say that I can't believe how much pip action group has achieved in such a short time. Ye should be so proud of yourselves. WELL DONE! Absolutely great news for all the women who don't have ruptures.

HMG are replacing my implants next week (one was ruptured), can't wait to finally be rid of them.

Best of luck to all with upcoming operations. Will let ye know how I get on, although have been assured it def won't be as painful as the last time....will have to wait and see :D

Hi guys, haven't been on in a while but wanted to post to say that I can't believe how much pip action group has achieved in such a short time. Ye should be so proud of yourselves. WELL DONE! Absolutely great news for all the women who don't have ruptures.

HMG are replacing my implants next week (one was ruptured), can't wait to finally be rid of them.

Best of luck to all with upcoming operations. Will let ye know how I get on, although have been assured it def won't be as painful as the last time....will have to wait and see :D

Thanks for saying that Evergreen. Yes we've achieved a lot in a short space of time, and have worked very hard and sacrificed time with our families over the last few months, but it's been worth it all. Best of luck with your surgery next week, it'll be a big weight lifted off your shoulders I'm sure. What are they replacing them with can I ask, thanks? I'm sure all other HMG patients will be interested to know going forward. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Belle2012

Well done everyone for all your hard work. Thank you for all the time and effort you have been putting into this. It's all paying off xxx
    I wanted to ask if ye knew about the hospital group patients as they don't operate in cork any more and have offered for me to travel to the uk. I don't want to travel and i feel I could not leave them carry out the operation again. Does the free removal only apply if I go back to the hospital group or can it be done by a doctor here based in cork that my GP would refer me? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got quoted 4,500 euro last week from HMC to have my implants removed.... couldn't believe them on the phone they said they weren't interested in patients unless they had a scan firstly and had to have a rupture as they were far too busy to book me in for a consultant. I felt like crying my eyes. I couldn't have had a luxury holiday down in Thailand when getting these and looks like I would have had a far better treatment. Does anyone know anything about just removal? I'm talking about the out come of how they would look after

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hedkandigirl

just wondering if you go for removal only... does anyone know what the out come might be its very hard to find any information... Harley told me to go away last week :mad:

just wondering if you go for removal only... does anyone know what the out come might be its very hard to find any information... Harley told me to go away last week :mad:

Hi , I am sorry you are going through the same bad experience with HMG as many and many of us !! Firstable I think its crazy what we are going through it really is I still can't believe ... :(
    I think it really depends on size what the outcome is , I heard from my surgeon that it wud take while for them to heal ,but I think if you decide to not to replace its just more how wud you feel about yourself ...I did replace them as I was size 32D..and the only reason I had them done at the first place was my low confidence and shape of breasts .. I think that poxy HMG shud replace them for free too !! I hope it all goes well for you and whatever you decide to do is gonna be right .I am sure you are like all of us are not against surgery but its all about product what they used in us !!! Good luck xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrsMarkOwen

hi Ladies
    I had my implants done with HMG in 2005.

If they are going to remove these implants for free does anyone know how much it will cost for replacements?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement