Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

jojom wrote: »
    got my new date for mri this friday eek ! and they knocked a few bob off to make up for the delay :)

the best of luck Jojom on friday, the staff are lovely there so try not worry too much if you can:)

021 shine wrote: »
    Hi there, I have just joined boards and am very anxious about implants I had done in Shandon Street Hospital in 2000 or 2001. Your threads were great to see that I am not alone. I have only just crawled out from under my rock and decided i need to find out if i have pip implants. Please please do you are anyone have any information about where i start? How do i get my medical records as they are gone into liquidation. I need all the help i can get and would really appreciate if anyone out there has information especially anyone who had them done in shandon street hospital cork. Thanks a mill.......

Hi Shine,
    give the irish medicines board a call ph 01 6764971, tell them you need to speak to someone about pip implants. They have the contact details for the liquidator for Shandon Street, the girls here were saying that once you give them a call they have been really good and fast with coming back to people about their implants.
    I hope this helps a little. Don t worry about being under a rock, this is a horrible sitution and I think all of us have wanted to live under a rock thanks to all this. The girls online here are great and really supportive.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 021 shine

Thank you so much kyra123. To be honest i dont even want to begin this process but i know i need to do it. As a mum i have to find out. It is so sickening that they have used an implant that was not safe. Thanks again for reply to my post it really does help to know that someone else is in the same situation. A problem shared and all that..... I think i will update this thread with the process that I go through from today on as already it has really helped me and it might help someone else in the future. I will ring imb tomorrow and post the result. Take care for now .......

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Thank you so much kyra123. To be honest i dont even want to begin this process but i know i need to do it. As a mum i have to find out. It is so sickening that they have used an implant that was not safe. Thanks again for reply to my post it really does help to know that someone else is in the same situation. A problem shared and all that..... I think i will update this thread with the process that I go through from today on as already it has really helped me and it might help someone else in the future. I will ring imb tomorrow and post the result. Take care for now .......

Hi there,
    You're doing the right thing honestly. You need to put your mind at ease and find out, and then just take things from there. We're all here to help and support. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Hope1 wrote: »
    Hi ladies , just wondering has anyone had a consultation for removal and replacement of pips with cosmedico they are based in Dublin , any feed back would be great xx

Hi , I went for Cosmedico they are based in Wicklow . I had my PIP'S removed there and replaced with Nagor I could not afford Allergen Natrelle as they were 5000 but I would rather prefer them as they are FDA approved .. I was told that Nagor company sponsored implants especially for PIP victims and that normally they would cost 4.500. They ensured me that they are safe to use and I have nothing to worry about ! I read about them a lot and actually felt safe using them . And aftercare was/is really good,all staff was lovely there I also liked surgeon , he was not that chitty chatty at the consultation but was really nice on the day of operation and after .I would recommend them for sure . Good luck and let me know if you need any more info :)xxxx
    P.s I suppose they all changed their style now and are really careful for their own reputation..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sylvia_PIP

Very good , have you found them good to deal with, no consultation yet but think I'd like to have a chat with them , I'm in the same situation , think will have them replaced , was reading up on the allergen naturelle they sound good and on their site they say you have a lifetime guarantee with them, don't kno the price as of yet though xx

The allergen naturelle sound good but there more expensive, im barely scraping €3500 together for Nagor implants and the way i see it is they're a lot safer than pips. I found them really nice to deal with so far, the surgeon as Saulite said isnt very chatty but I have googled him loads and he seems to have a great track record. I am counting the days until July now. If you book a consultation they will give you all the different options and prices on the day, best of luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Pixiejane wrote: »

Hi there,
    You're doing the right thing honestly. You need to put your mind at ease and find out, and then just take things from there. We're all here to help and support. Best of luck.
    Spot on pixiejane i kinda felt the same way but my husband pushed me to find out its a bit daunting when u do find out but there is so much support on here and through our facebook page pip action and also twitter and the website www.pipactiongroup.com honestly we will all be here for u so anything u need just shout i am trying to get the money together but will be going with cosmedico met with them a while ago and they are so nice and sympathetic which is what w need right now and very open about their surgeons and products hope this helps u xx and let us know how u get on with the imb xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Hi ladies , just wondering has anyone had a consultation for removal and replacement of pips with cosmedico they are based in Dublin , any feed back would be great xx
    Hi hope i was in touch with cosmedico recently andwill defo be going with them they are so nice very open about their surgeons and their products felt really at ease with them so just getting money together at the mo and as soon as i have it gonna book my surgery and get these horrible things outa my body cant wait for that day to come hope ur doin ok i know this is so hard to deal with but thank god for boards and all the ladies on here x

saulite wrote: »
    Hi , I went for Cosmedico they are based in Wicklow . I had my PIP'S removed there and replaced with Nagor I could not afford Allergen Natrelle as they were 5000 but I would rather prefer them as they are FDA approved .. I was told that Nagor company sponsored implants especially for PIP victims and that normally they would cost 4.500. They ensured me that they are safe to use and I have nothing to worry about ! I read about them a lot and actually felt safe using them . And aftercare was/is really good,all staff was lovely there I also liked surgeon , he was not that chitty chatty at the consultation but was really nice on the day of operation and after .I would recommend them for sure . Good luck and let me know if you need any more info :)xxxx
    P.s I suppose they all changed their style now and are really careful for their own reputation..

Hi Hope,

As Saulite discussed, hers was a positive experience with that clinic as was a lot of other ladies on this site who seem to have had their replacment surgery there.
    It's important to remember though ladies to do your own research also not just on the clinic but on the surgeon as well, and of course the product. Everybody's requirements and expectations are different. Check your surgeon's qualifications also and make sure he's a resident in this country. Go for a few consultations, it's good to shop around so to speak. I've attached some info on Nagor and Allergan Natrelle implants for you also.

http://www.nagor.com/about/index.html

http://www.natrelle.com/letter_to_patients.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Hi Hope,

As Saulite discussed, hers was a positive experience with that clinic as was a lot of other ladies on this site who seem to have had their replacment surgery there.
    It's important to remember though ladies to do your own research also not just on the clinic but on the surgeon as well, and of course the product. Everybody's requirements and expectations are different. Check your surgeon's qualifications also and make sure he's a resident in this country. Go for a few consultations, it's good to shop around so to speak. I've attached some info on Nagor and Allergan Natrelle implants for you also.

http://www.natrelle.com/letter_to_patients.aspx

Hi Hope,
    I had my replacement surgery with Cosmedico in February and had researched the clinic, the surgeon and the product I went for the Nagor as they gave me a lifetime warranty with their product. I agree with PixieJane that this is so important to do your research. I am delighted with the results of my surgery and have the comfort of knowing that they never used PIPs. Hope this helps if you need any more info feel free to drop me a line x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 sheba12

:mad:hi all sorry aint been on in a while,im still trying to get my results in writing of hmg,they told me too no ruptures but still want it in writing..im an absolute wreck i dont know what to do from here on in i simply cannot afford this operation,ive tried everything its just not possible,all my hours have been cut in work and my partner aint working so it looks like im stuck with these things,its so annoying that we have to nearly beg family members and friends to loan us the money to pay for this when we cant even pay them bk let alone pay for another op,,im bloody discusted with hmg i might aswell be back to the way i was 6 yrs ago b4 i had the op cos now im covered up like an onion i dont even want to see my breasts anymore all the confidence i gained after having this surgery is now gone:o

sheba12 wrote: »
    :mad:hi all sorry aint been on in a while,im still trying to get my results in writing of hmg,they told me too no ruptures but still want it in writing..im an absolute wreck i dont know what to do from here on in i simply cannot afford this operation,ive tried everything its just not possible,all my hours have been cut in work and my partner aint working so it looks like im stuck with these things,its so annoying that we have to nearly beg family members and friends to loan us the money to pay for this when we cant even pay them bk let alone pay for another op,,im bloody discusted with hmg i might aswell be back to the way i was 6 yrs ago b4 i had the op cos now im covered up like an onion i dont even want to see my breasts anymore all the confidence i gained after having this surgery is now gone:o

Hey Sheba,

Glad you've no ruptures but yes even still, it's a horrible situation to be in and this recession is not helping anyone either. Hopefully things will improve for all PIP ladies in the near future. Don't be covering yourself up Sheba, and letting all that confidence go, you've nothing to be ashamed of, remember it's your clinic who's in the wrong in all of this, not you. Try pamper yourself in some way, buy a new top without breaking the bank and you'll feel good about yourself again. And don't forget to have some lovely chocolate this Easter, chocolate always makes you feel better:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ladies, what is the difference between Nagor and Natrelle implants?

xzanti wrote: »
    Ladies, what is the difference between Nagor and Natrelle implants?

Nagor implants are manufactured in the UK and Cumbernauld, Scotland and are currently undergoing pre market approval in the U.S.

Allergan Natrelle have FDA approval from the U.S.

Big difference in price it seems though. Have attached some links for you below.

http://www.natrelle.com/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Big difference in price it seems though. Have attached some links for you below.

http://www.natrelle.com/

Thanks for that :)

Out of interest, what sort of price difference are we talking? At a brief look I don't see any prices outlined on either website..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

xzanti wrote: »
    Thanks for that :)

Out of interest, what sort of price difference are we talking? At a brief look I don't see any prices outlined on either website..

Hi . Think its the best for you to ring clinics and find out as the prices cud be different .... I paid 3500 .I have Nagor implant it was special price from Cosmedico for PIP ladies, Allergen Natrelle FDA approved will be more expensive think its from 5000 -5500. Both implants are medical grade and have lifetime warranty .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sheba12

Hey Sheba,

Glad you've no ruptures but yes even still, it's a horrible situation to be in and this recession is not helping anyone either. Hopefully things will improve for all PIP ladies in the near future. Don't be covering yourself up Sheba, and letting all that confidence go, you've nothing to be ashamed of, remember it's your clinic who's in the wrong in all of this, not you. Try pamper yourself in some way, buy a new top without breaking the bank and you'll feel good about yourself again. And don't forget to have some lovely chocolate this Easter, chocolate always makes you feel better:)
    :)hi pixiejane thanks so much ur dead right them bloody clinics should step up to the mark now and replace these things for us and yes i think ill buy that top after all could do with a treat we all could!!! ill have the sons easter eggs all ate if i start on chocolate ha he wont have one left i wouldnt mind i not a big sweet eater at all!! hopefully it will turn out good for us in the end:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

Thanks a mill ladies for all your help it's great we all can chat and help one another, I am going to have a consultation with cosmedico Dr Madari in a few weeks they are so nice and helpful on the phone, still doing my homework though and all your stories are a great help xx also going for legal advice on Thursday so not letting them away with this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 021 shine

Hi all, just to let ye know im not ignoring ye, been away all weekend so only just rang medical board so awaiting call back. Thanks again for all the support and will let ye know what they say. PS - as a general rule are ye having replacements only if ye have confirmed PIPs or just in case either way??? Thanks again.....

Hi there Ladies,

Just to let you all know our very own Sarita will be on chatting to Dave Fanning tomorrow morning from 9am onwards. Please tune in and support her, and feel free to ring, text or email in any comments you have. Your support is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RedladyPF

Hello Ladies,

Hope you're all doing as well as can be expected. Just wanted to give you all a quick update on everything that's been going on to date. We do apologise for being off the boards radar in recent weeks, but please note that we have been very busy. I will update you all regularly from herein.

March proved to be a busy month for us. We met with the Irish Medicines Board. From this meeting, we got to have a meeting with the country's Chief Medical Officer. We showed him the statements that some of you ladies sent through to the website, and they proved to be very valuable in that this was the evidence we needed to show him. He was appalled by the treatement of patients of one particular clinic, and has since met with that clinic. In fact the Dept. of Health met with all the implanting clinics and the Irish Medicines Board.

Some of the ladies met with Patient Focus Group, www.patientfocus.ie. They met with two very influential and lovely ladies there, and they've helped us greatly in working on a care package for every woman in Ireland affected by PIP. Check out their website for further information, and feel free to contact them for any help or advice.

The PIP issue has also been raised in the Dail recently. Legislation has been passed and is forthcoming, not as quickly as we'd like, but hey this is Ireland! Positive outcome.

3 of the ladies from PIP Action Group got an hour's notice last Thursday to get themselves into the Dail as the Irish Medicine's Board were conducting a meeting with TD's, and we were tipped off to this meeting. So everything was dropped, including 9 children! to make it in and see what was going on. They met with a TD afterwards, and as a result of this attendance in the Dail, a cross party committee will be formed by the TD's to help us in our cause for PIP ladies. Our very own lady Sarita ended up with the RTE1 newsteam back in her house afterwards, and appeared on the 6pm news last Thursday also.
    TD Anne Ferris will be heading up this committee, along with a few other colleagues and then it's all systems go. This is a another big positive for the group and for affected PIP ladies as a whole. We have also been asked back to the Dail to put forward our presentation to all TD's on the 24th April, and we also have a follow up meeting with the Chief Medical Officer.

So it's looking like April will also be a very busy month ahead for us also. :)

Hi Girls, having been in touch with you directly, I want to congratulate you on the incredible dedication and unselfish support to others effected by the PIP disaster. You all have your daily personal demands, yet the amount of time energy and money you put into preparing for meetings with the various public representatives is amazing.
    For all ladies who have been affected by PIP, you have the right to have it sorted for health reasons. Individually, you can get your GP to refer you to a Breast Surgeon within the Irish Healthcare System. Under Medical Council code of ethics, any doctor has a duty of care to refer on to another doctor with the appropriate expertise to manage a patients health issue. Should a GP say they wont refer, put the request to the GP in writing & keep a copy. For those of you who feel you can wait/cant afford their removal at present, at least getting a referral into the public system is a start.
    It would be good if we could collate statistics on successful/unsuccessful referrals, and outcome of a Consultants review. This info is solid evidence that can be presented to Dept. of Health that shows the difficulties you are encountering. It may help influence a positive decision by the department on how to manage removal of the defective implants.

As PIP Action Group have mentioned before Patient Focus, (01- 8851633) a free, confidential independent advocacy service will provide support to individuals through the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

Hi there Ladies,

Just to let you all know our very own Sarita will be on chatting to Dave Fanning tomorrow morning from 9am onwards. Please tune in and support her, and feel free to ring, text or email in any comments you have. Your support is greatly appreciated.

thats great i will be sure to tune in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

hi ladies just wanted to thank you for your support and let you know my mri results came in yesterday and there are no ruptures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

hi ladies just wanted to thank you for your support and let you know my mri results came in yesterday and there are no ruptures :)

That's great news jojom, you must be very relieved :).

Glad to hear jojom :)

Hi All

Alot of you have been contacting us asking when we could all meet up
    so here is what we have organised.

Myself and the ladies in PIP Action Group Ireland want to let you all know we will be holding a PIP Information Day, it will be on the 5th May in the Red Cow Hotel Dublin from 1pm - 3pm. 3pm - 4pm Media will be invited to speak with the group or any ladies that would like to speak with them. Media -please contact us through our web site if you have not already gotten an invite.

This is an invite only closed event. It is for PIP Ladies and their family/friends only there will be no media in the room. If any one from the cosmetic industry would like to attend please contact us directly. We are doing our best to ensure that pip women feel safe and secure to attend this information day.

To get a ticket all you have to do is register through our web site www.pipactiongroup.com by send us your name and the name of a friend, partner that you would like to bring with you. You will be mailed back an e ticket that you print and bring with valid ID on the day to show to security.

On the day we have secured guest speakers that will give a short intro about them selves and then they will be free to speak with you all.

Guest Speakers will include:

- Psychologists and Therapists

- TD's

-Solicitors that are working with pip ladies

-A Non PIP related Cosmetic clinic- The Avoca Clinic- (Owner,Surgeon and Nursing staff)

- Patient Focus ( a patient advocacy group)

-PIP Action Group will also be giving an update on all work done so far and will report back on our meeting with the Chief Medical Officer and the Irish Medicines Board from Friday the 4th May.

This event will be free of charge to all pip ladies.:)

All speakers are coming to this event for us and giving us their free time to support all pip patients. And for that myself and the ladies in PIP Action Group Ireland would like to thank them very much for their support.

The information day has only been confirmed in the last 24 hours and tickets are going really fast so please register your name and who ever you would like to bring with you through our web site, your web ticket will be e mailed to you next week.

We really hope this helps all you ladies, we are working really hard to have one event with as much information as we can get for you.

PIP Action Group Ireland

kyra123 wrote: »
    Hi All

Alot of you have been contacting us asking when we could all meet up
    so here is what we have organised.

Myself and the ladies in PIP Action Group Ireland want to let you all know we will be holding a PIP Information Day, it will be on the 5th May in the Red Cow Hotel Dublin from 1pm - 3pm. 3pm - 4pm Media will be invited to speak with the group or any ladies that would like to speak with them. Media -please contact us through our web site if you have not already gotten an invite.

This is an invite only closed event. It is for PIP Ladies and their family/friends only there will be no media in the room. If any one from the cosmetic industry would like to attend please contact us directly. We are doing our best to ensure that pip women feel safe and secure to attend this information day.

To get a ticket all you have to do is register through our web site www.pipactiongroup.com by send us your name and the name of a friend, partner that you would like to bring with you. You will be mailed back an e ticket that you print and bring with valid ID on the day to show to security.

On the day we have secured guest speakers that will give a short intro about them selves and then they will be free to speak with you all.

Guest Speakers will include:

- Psychologists and Therapists

- TD's

-Solicitors that are working with pip ladies

-A Non PIP related Cosmetic clinic- The Avoca Clinic- (Owner,Surgeon and Nursing staff)

- Patient Focus ( a patient advocacy group)

-PIP Action Group will also be giving an update on all work done so far and will report back on our meeting with the Chief Medical Officer and the Irish Medicines Board from Friday the 4th May.

This event will be free of charge to all pip ladies.:)

All speakers are coming to this event for us and giving us their free time to support all pip patients. And for that myself and the ladies in PIP Action Group Ireland would like to thank them very much for their support.

The information day has only been confirmed in the last 24 hours and tickets are going really fast so please register your name and who ever you would like to bring with you through our web site, your web ticket will be e mailed to you next week.

We really hope this helps all you ladies, we are working really hard to have one event with as much information as we can get for you.

PIP Action Group Ireland

Yes please register your names through our web site, and we can get working on sending out your tickets to you next week. We've had a great response already ladies :)

Please also note that the meeting room we will be in is actually in The Red Cow Inn upstairs in the function room, and not the hotel (Moran's hotel). Both the Red Cow Inn and Moran's Hotel are two seperate buildings but in the one location, for those of you who are not familiar with the area.

Thanks again.

Hi ladies unfortunately won't be able to attend the red cow on the 5th due to work commitments , need all my days I can get as I will be having surgery soon.but ladies of pip action group I am so proud of ye and you all should be so proud of yourselfs . You really have done excellent to make our voices heard , best of luck for the 5th will be thinking of you all xxx

Hi ladies unfortunately won't be able to attend the red cow on the 5th due to work commitments , need all my days I can get as I will be having surgery soon.but ladies of pip action group I am so proud of ye and you all should be so proud of yourselfs . You really have done excellent to make our voices heard , best of luck for the 5th will be thinking of you all xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Thanks Hope1,
    Sorry you can't make the 5th but don't worry we will let you know all the details, hope everything is well with you.

Sue103:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement