Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Summerfly wrote: »
    Has anyone been waiting longer than the six weeks stated after being sent into the second phase of the iec visa, my six weeks are up on Wednesday, I've sent numerous emails and still no reply or info, anyone in the same boat as me???

Hey Summerfly,

just incase you haven't had an answer yet, I just received my letter today. It took 6 weeks and 1 day, so I would try not to fret. Even though I know that is almost impossible! Good luck.

oh PS. I don't think they even -look- at your query emails until the 6 weeks is over. I tried that and got no reply whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I was going to just go straight to canada but now i think i might go to thailand for a few weeks , travel around then fly to Toronto. Seeing as its cheap and all, except for the flights. Do you guys think this is a good idea. It means ill only have like 3000 as opposed to 6000 euro if i went straight to canada. Is that enough to tide me over before i get a job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Spunge wrote: »
    I was going to just go straight to canada but now i think i might go to thailand for a few weeks , travel around then fly to Toronto. Seeing as its cheap and all, except for the flights. Do you guys think this is a good idea. It means ill only have like 3000 as opposed to 6000 euro if i went straight to canada. Is that enough to tide me over before i get a job ?

It sort of depends on how you will be set up once you get to TO. If you know someone who's sofa you can sleep on while you get a job, you'll probably be fine.

But be aware if you are looking to rent a place once you get here, you'll probably have to pay 2 months rent up front, and rent is expensive here. That could easily eat half your fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

It sort of depends on how you will be set up once you get to TO. If you know someone who's sofa you can sleep on while you get a job, you'll probably be fine.

But be aware if you are looking to rent a place once you get here, you'll probably have to pay 2 months rent up front, and rent is expensive here. That could easily eat half your fund.

Oh snap. thats a doozie. Add to that the hostel fees as well at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Would any one know if it's too late to apply, I'm hoping to move over around October... I was looking up on this site to get one, does anyone know if this is a legit site
    http://www.migrationexpert.ca/work_temporary_visa/temporary_work_visa_canadian/

Or is there any other sites that are recommended?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Would any one know if it's too late to apply, I'm hoping to move over around October... I was looking up on this site to get one, does anyone know if this is a legit site

Thanks

I doubt you'll get one but apply yourself and see rather than using an agent. At least that way you won't be stung for agent fees when your visa application is turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thanks

IEC visas are sold out now. They will open for applications again in December/January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Panthro wrote: »
    Went into my local AIB and paid in the 105 yo yos.
    Asked for a receipt, she gave me back the part of the lodgement slip you usually get.
    Will that do as a proof of payment? I can't see why it wouldn't, its got the information on it.

Yeah that will do fine. Me and my mate were the same and just scanned in that wee stub. He's been given his LOI while I'm still waiting!

Feicin annoying though as through this whole process I've been the one getting the emails first-the Notice of Receipt, payment request, moved onto 2nd stage email........ Kinda bit worried that I didn't get the LOI first :eek: Hope there is just some delay and I'll get it anyday now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

finally

mine was Posted 30 march
    royal mail confirmed they recived it 4 April
    Email saying it was received: 22 April
    Payment Email: 30 April
    Second Phase: 15 May
    LOI: June 21

im over in Toronto if anyone needs help advise or just want to meet for a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So I have to forward on my IMM1295,
    One problem.
    I forgot to save an electronic copy. I do have a hardcopy, can I scan in it and sent it as an attachment in the email does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

So I have to forward on my IMM1295,
    One problem.
    I forgot to save an electronic copy. I do have a hardcopy, can I scan in it and sent it as an attachment in the email does anyone know?

u dont need to scan it just the soft copy u got is fine just validate it then save it and email it back and your all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BethNWT

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation...

I'm in Canada on a temp work visa - for which I completed and passed a Medical Examination in June of last year. For 2012, I have applied for the IEC visa and was passed to the second stage a week ago (I paid the fee 10 days ago).

I intend to work within a field that the CIC requires you to do a Medical Examination for - my question is, will I be required to do a second exam?

Unofficial visa sites say that the Med-exam is valid for 1 year from the date of your first test (it doesn't say this on the official CIC site, however) but they also say this is for those who did not enter Canada within that year (as in, they got their visas rejected or changed their minds) but I did enter Canada, anyone know if this makes a difference?

My application seems to be moving along quite quickly, but my first test date was a year ago next week, and I only got passed to the second stage of the IEC visa process, last week...its not the end of the world if I do need another medical, just would be nice to have to skip all that seeing as I had one so recently. I did tick 'yes' on the Medical form for my IEC app, but I also included a little explanation and the information for my last medical.

My partner has successfully extended his temp work visa (for which he also required a medical exam last June) and he was not asked to do another medical - but then his was a case if simply extending, mine is a full on chance to a different visa type (to allow me to work for a different employer).

Just wondering if anyone could report anything similar? Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jjbrien wrote: »
    u dont need to scan it just the soft copy u got is fine just validate it then save it and email it back and your all good.

But if I validate a whole new copy, the number at the bottom of the page will not be the same as the one in the original application?

And I can't sign the last page either, will I just leave it?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

jjbrien wrote: »

But if I validate a whole new copy, the number at the bottom of the page will not be the same as the one in the original application?

And I can't sign the last page either, will I just leave it?

You don't have to sign it. They want the barcodes to match. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

Can someone tell me who's already taken part in this, would a minimum of €5,000 be sufficient funds to go over there with if you haven't already got a job sorted out, I plan on going to London first for a few days and flying from there to Toronto on Air Transat because it looks really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Nolan14

Hey guys I'm just new to this anyways I'm off to Canada in 3 months have everything I need now what I dont get is that you seem to need a bank statement a week before you leave does anybody no if it is possible to bring cash instead I simply don't want to go threw the hassle of a bank statement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

how is a bank statement hassle? ring them and ask for a statement

or order it online using your itnernet banking

Helix wrote: »
    how is a bank statement hassle? ring them and ask for a statement

or order it online using your itnernet banking

why can't you just bring cash instead whats the whole point in the bank statement?? when you have cash??

is it possible to get your bank statement the week before you leave like the ask then take your money out after you get the statement??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

you need access to CAD$2,500, or whatever it is. so cash in your pocket does the job. You'd be an idiot to carry that cash around in your pocket tho. your opening yourself up to the possibility of loss or theft.

Oh... and its a lot easier to spend when you can actually see it I find. :P

• Advertisement

NoelAPM wrote: »
    you need access to CAD$2,500, or whatever it is. so cash in your pocket does the job. You'd be an idiot to carry that cash around in your pocket tho. your opening yourself up to the possibility of loss or theft.

Oh... and its a lot easier to spend when you can actually see it I find. :P

yea i'll have about $3000 or more going over but i just dont see the point and im worried if i bring cash and no bank statement i may get refused??

Nolan14 wrote: »
    why can't you just bring cash instead whats the whole point in the bank statement?? when you have cash??

you can bring cash, but it's a touch retarded taking the risk, however small it is, that you'll happen to be mugged, or lose your wallet or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jbodkin

Hey everyone , just booked my flight for August 19th the other day. Was just wondering about health insurance , I saw someone put backpackertravelinsurance.ie , will that cover me for the year? If anyone has any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Cheers !

you can bring cash, but it's a touch retarded taking the risk, however small it is, that you'll happen to be mugged, or lose your wallet or whatever

Ah right I see I'm going to inquire about bank statement today does it have to be in dollars on your actually statement??

Ah right I see I'm going to inquire about bank statement today does it have to be in dollars on your actually statement??

nope, euros is grand

nope, euros is grand

really but what if it's like €2300 and not the $2500 that you need to enter canada with. this is my 1st time going alone anywhere and im worried that i could get refused thats why i am fussing over this so much.

Well guys i went the bank today and inquired about a bank statement and i was told the lady my situation and she said i am not even guaranteed to get the statement before i leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pollynat

Well guys i went the bank today and inquired about a bank statement and i was told the lady my situation and she said i am not even guaranteed to get the statement before i leave.
    Go to the machine, get a mini statement... your bank should be able to give you a stamped letter, indicating your balance on the day you go in.. you can get a statement printed in the actual bank too, I dont know why they told you , you might not have it....

Dont overthink it, and dont bring cash !!

pollynat wrote: »
    Go to the machine, get a mini statement... your bank should be able to give you a stamped letter, indicating your balance on the day you go in.. you can get a statement printed in the actual bank too, I dont know why they told you , you might not have it....

Dont overthink it, and dont bring cash !!

would a mini statement just do then like cos i might not get the full statement within in the 1 week limit like they ask for also i dont see the harm in bringing cash i mean i am gonna keep it well safe with me like i am just pissed off over it i really dont see the point in it and they should give u more then a week to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

would a mini statement just do then like cos i might not get the full statement within in the 1 week limit like they ask for also i dont see the harm in bringing cash i mean i am gonna keep it well safe with me like i am just pissed off over it i really dont see the point in it and they should give u more then a week to get it!

Just ring or talk to the ones in your bank about how you will need a bank statement during this certain week before you fly out. They can have it all prepared for ya I'd say. It's not that big a deal and it's NOT a good idea to carry around that much cash. The amount of eyes that will be on you when you hand over that wad of cash for them to count.....something could easily happen to it after you get through customs!

Advertisement