Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

If you don't have a return ticket you need to have the price of a flight outa there ontop of the required funds.

Insurance.... Look at AIB as in Allied Irish Bank. covers the works for really cheap. well i haven't really searched around yet but its a damn site cheaper than what others have been posting in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hi hi... I got my Letter of Introduction but it has blank fields in the boxes where my application number is, UCI number, the document number and the validity period all blank! Plus it says 'Dear' and blank again. .. like they sent the template but didn't fill in my particulars!! Anybody have this issue know what to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Hi hi... I got my Letter of Introduction but it has blank fields in the boxes where my application number is, UCI number, the document number and the validity period all blank! Plus it says 'Dear' and blank again. .. like they sent the template but didn't fill in my particulars!! Anybody have this issue know what to do?

That happened me aswell when I opened it on my iphone. Try opening attachment on a computer and the details should show up.

That happened me aswell when I opened it on my iphone. Try opening attachment on a computer and the details should show up.

Yea its fine in the computer... nearly had a heart attack. Cheers haha

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Has anyone been waiting longer then the 6 weeks stated on the second phase letter?

Want to start planning our trip but afraid we wont get the visas within the 6 weeks the IEC said it will take.

Thanks
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

Yea its fine in the computer... nearly had a heart attack. Cheers haha

hahah same happened me!!got mine at 1.35am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'll get one way if I'm allowed , but I heard they want you to have a return ticket and if you dont they could turn you away at customs no?

As NoelAPM said you can get a one way ticket but you have to have the price of a flight home on top of your required $2,500 set money. I've no intentions of coming home for the first two years so no point buying a return.
    NoelAPM wrote: »
    Insurance.... Look at AIB as in Allied Irish Bank. covers the works for really cheap. well i haven't really searched around yet but its a damn site cheaper than what others have been posting in this forum.

Yeah but look at all the "*" or double * beside the majority of activities which means it doesn't cover personal accident, or doesn't cover personal accident and personal liability . Would drive ya mad, they are all the bloody same :/ Plus AIB is definitely not really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

PollyMe wrote: »
    Has anyone been waiting longer then the 6 weeks stated on the second phase letter?

Want to start planning our trip but afraid we wont get the visas within the 6 weeks the IEC said it will take.

Thanks

I paid in april an only got the actual visa on thursday so hang in there.

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    As NoelAPM said you can get a one way ticket but you have to have the price of a flight home on top of your required $2,500 set money. I've no intentions of coming home for the first two years so no point buying a return.

Yeah but look at all the "*" or double * beside the majority of activities which means it doesn't cover personal accident, or doesn't cover personal accident and personal liability . Would drive ya mad, they are all the bloody same :/ Plus AIB is definitely not really cheap.

Yeah I'm probably gonna do that seems more practical.

Sorry how do you get two years out of the one year visa? Dont you have to come home then reapply?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

PollyMe wrote: »

Thanks

I paid in april an only got the actual visa on thursday so hang in there.

Thanks I will, its a headwreck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Has anyone applied after they said no to send in applications, and heard anything back?
    wondering should I still fire in my application..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yeah I'm probably gonna do that seems more practical.

Sorry how do you get two years out of the one year visa? Dont you have to come home then reapply?

Oh I intend on doing the 2nd year too! As far as I know you don't have to go home, you can change your status to a visitor (and not work) while it's being processed. Or you can simply leave the country for awhile. If that happens I'll probably head down to mates in the USA.
    Lenny wrote: »
    Has anyone applied after they said no to send in applications, and heard anything back?
    wondering should I still fire in my application..

They have closed and won't be accepting any new applications sorry dude :/
    But won't be long until Dec/Jan so you can at least make sure you have all the paperwork and just keep an eye to make they don't change any of the requirements.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Oh I intend on doing the 2nd year too! As far as I know you don't have to go home, you can change your status to a visitor (and not work) while it's being processed. Or you can simply leave the country for awhile. If that happens I'll probably head down to mates in the USA.

They have closed and won't be accepting any new applications sorry dude :/
    But won't be long until Dec/Jan so you can at least make sure you have all the paperwork and just keep an eye to make they don't change any of the requirements.
    Yea, the poxy garda clearance took ages(3 weeks) and the missus was waiting on her passport. we had said we would apply anyway.. but guess theres not point in waiting pictures & time.. how recent does the garda clearance have to be?

2/3 months lenny

Guys I wanna book my flights tomorrow but I put on my application forms "Britsh Columbia" as my port of entry.

I wanna change it to Calgary.

Do I wait for confirmation from the IEC or just go ahead and book them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

Got my LOI yesterday, however, can someone tell me a website where you can get insurance, someone told me about one here but it was a while ago and and now I have it forgotten and it would take me a while to go looking through posts

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

bpoleary wrote: »
    Got my LOI yesterday, however, can someone tell me a website where you can get insurance, someone told me about one here but it was a while ago and and now I have it forgotten and it would take me a while to go looking through posts

Try here
    https://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

Guys I wanna book my flights tomorrow but I put on my application forms "Britsh Columbia" as my port of entry.

I wanna change it to Calgary.

Do I wait for confirmation from the IEC or just go ahead and book them.

I pretty much have done the same, put down BC but now want to enter into Calgary. Does it matter as you'll get your work permit on arrival either way?

I pretty much have done the same, put down BC but now want to enter into Calgary. Does it matter as you'll get your work permit on arrival either way?

I'm not sure I emailed them Thursday with that question , waiting for a reply.

Hopefully someone here sheds some light, If not I'll pass on the info I get in my reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Anyone been asked to pay in the past few weeks I got my email 3 weeks ago to say they had my application and would be requesting payment within 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything... I know they don't ask within 2 weeks.... but has anyone been asked?

It should be getting quicker now that there are not many places left right!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

jenniem01 wrote: »
    Anyone been asked to pay in the past few weeks I got my email 3 weeks ago to say they had my application and would be requesting payment within 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything... I know they don't ask within 2 weeks.... but has anyone been asked?

It should be getting quicker now that there are not many places left right!?

When did you get your notice of reciept? I got mine on 23rd of May, dont know wether to have hope or not as there was very little places left at that time.

m.j.w wrote: »
    When did you get your notice of reciept? I got mine on 23rd of May, dont know wether to have hope or not as there was very little places left at that time.

I got mine May 23rd too so coming on 3 weeks now and not a peep!

I'm trying to stay positive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moranorla

I got my notice of receipt on 16th May and my payment request today woohoo!

Want to try and make sure i dont get issued a LOI before around the 25 july though (due to a friends wedding date next year which could potentially mess up my travel plans!!) so i was thinking i might wait a week before paying ... but i'm afraid i might lose my place altogether if i delay paying though.. ?

moranorla wrote: »
    I got my notice of receipt on 16th May and my payment request today woohoo!

Want to try and make sure i dont get issued a LOI before around the 25 july though (due to a friends wedding date next year which could potentially mess up my travel plans!!) so i was thinking i might wait a week before paying ... but i'm afraid i might lose my place altogether if i delay paying though.. ?

Your visa won't start until you walk through immigration in Canada anyway so it doesn't matter when your LOI arrives.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Thanks very much, that seems a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Just got my LOI, bloody delighted:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 23rd April
    Email saying it was received: 2nd May
    Payment Email: 17th May
    Second Phase: 24th May
    LOI:12th June

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

We are still waiting on our LOI but we were applied late. We had a few little problems so here is my timeline for reference for anyone in a similar position. Got some great info from these threads when we were applying.

Garda certs - sent a letter to local police station, addressed to superintendent. Got them two weeks later.
    Lived in Aus for a year a few years ago so needed the following docs:
    Australian police certificate - took 5 weeks to arrive. Had it delivered to an address in Aus and then forwarded, might take longer if getting it posted to Ireland.

Victoria driving licence clearance - Didn't have a licence while in Aus but had to get a letter from VicRoads stating this. They were difficult to get a hold of, seemed only to answer phones in the middle of their day (our night!). Did not answer emails. They sent it on very quickly then, had it in two weeks.

Sent completed application: May 9th
    Sent two applications in same envelope in separate plastic pockets.
    Sent with registered post. Delivers in 3 days. Sent it on a Wednesday and this meant it delivered to the closed IEC office on Saturday. It was sent back to post office. Tracker stated it was undelivered because of no answer at premises. Rang around on the Monday to see what we could do and the answer was nothing. The embassy had the mail re-delivered on the Monday/Tuesday.

Notice of receipt: May 15th

Payment requested: May 28th

Paid: May 30th
    Paid in cash in AIB Grafton street. Had all the correct info on the lodgement slip. Emailed the lodgement stub as evidence of payment.

Payment clarity: June 1st
    Got an email looking for extra info as the info we had provided was not sufficient. We re-wrote all the info on the lodgement stub and resent it. Not sure why we got the email, it was looking for our bank account number and other things. This one was processed fine.

Passed to second stage: June 8th
    Fingers crossed now for our LOI!

Planning on arriving in Canada in September so no rush on getting it. Holding off booking flights until we get it. Will have to start getting new info together in November to apply in January for the 2013 program, hopefully it will be more efficient than this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Just got my LOI, bloody delighted:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 23rd April
    Email saying it was received: 2nd May
    Payment Email: 17th May
    Second Phase: 24th May
    LOI:12th June

mine was Posted 30 march
    royal mail confirmed they recived it 4 April
    Email saying it was received: 22 April
    Payment Email: 30 April
    Second Phase: 15 May
    LOI: Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

jenniem01 wrote: »
    I got mine May 23rd too so coming on 3 weeks now and not a peep!

I'm trying to stay positive. :D

Same as Jennie, I got my notice of Receipt on 28th May and still waiting on Payment email... Really hope they still process coz I know there was only 12 left when I applied.

PMA! PMA! PMA! PMA!!!!! :D Keep me posted on your application, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Just to let people know,(I got rejected) they hold onto the fee for UP TO FOUR MONTHS! bull**** I know but just thought id let yis know,interesting to know how many rejections they have (theirs quite a bit of interest being made i presume)and going on their previous form it'll probably be the very last day of the four months.anyways best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Advertisement