Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

daveyf wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has only received an electronic version of there LOI and will this all you will need to provide when arriving in Canada

Yea.... Print it! And have proof of funds, insurance ect.

CatFromHue wrote: »

I'm 30, well 31 tomorrow, so last week I applied for an Australian Working Holiday Visa as a back up. Then during the week I got an email from a recruitment agency about a job that I would be very suitable for! So in the space of a week I've gone from a doom and gloom situation of having few options to now having 3! LOL!

Nothing truer m8. Doesn't matter who ya are, what ya do or where your from. Life will always provide a flood or a famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

NoelAPM wrote: »

do you have to provide insurance details at immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bil

Anybody know if an internet statement printed out would be good enough for proof of funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

very sad to see so many irish have to move abroad :(

• Advertisement

snoopmadra wrote: »
    NoelAPM wrote: »

do you have to provide insurance details at immigration?
    No, or funds, apparently they don't ask... Apparently. Ignore the guidelines and criteria on the international experience Canada program's website. It's up to you.

But make sure an bring your LOI! That's no negotiable! ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Do not ignore the guidelines! :eek:

Good few Irish folks have been stopped and questioned plenty to make sure they have everything. You have to get a letter from your bank the week before you land in Canada. Discuss this with your bank now so they know and if they can do this. They should be able too anyway!

You have to have proof of insurance, shouldn't be hard to print that out. If you can't show proof of funds/insurance as well as your LOI then they will have no problem sending you back to Ireland! You could get lucky and they won't stop you but why bother taking that risk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

You don't need a letter from your bank

A statement will more than suffice

I'm going onto my third year visa in August and I've never been asked to produce anything when activating the visa except for the LoI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

andrewg82 wrote: »
    very sad to see so many irish have to move abroad :(

Plenty are moving because they want to, not because they have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    You don't need a letter from your bank

A statement will more than suffice

That's what I meant by "letter"....... just worded it wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

bil wrote: »
    Anybody know if an internet statement printed out would be good enough for proof of funds?

Anybody have an answer to the quoted question as I was hoping to visit family and friends in London before I flew out and don't want to have to rush it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

sduff05 wrote: »
    Anybody have an answer to the quoted question as I was hoping to visit family and friends in London before I flew out and don't want to have to rush it.

I'd say it would be grand

it's all I'm going to bring when I renew my visa in August

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daveyf

Just wondering where everyone got their insurance and how much it was? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

daveyf wrote: »
    Just wondering where everyone got their insurance and how much it was? Thank you

got mine from backpackertravelinsurance.ie was 165 euros for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summerfly

Has anyone been waiting longer than the six weeks stated after being sent into the second phase of the iec visa, my six weeks are up on Wednesday, I've sent numerous emails and still no reply or info, anyone in the same boat as me???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 soundofsounds

Hi guys,

Received my letter of intent on Friday. Here is my timeline....people may find it helpful or it may help put some of your anxieties at rest:

Sent in application - Feb 27th
    Notice of Receipt - Mar 27th
    Payment Request - Apr 23rd
    IEC eligible, sent to CIC - May 29th
    Final letter of approval/confirmation - June 14th

Quite a long process...best to try and not think about it and hopefully some day it will just appear in your email! :) Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 skbehan

Just wondering if anyone was refused a visa after their payment was received and if so why? Also, I had to print out several extra copies of page 3 from the IMM1295 form to include my last 10 years work experience but I'm not sure how I can include this on the electronic version.... Any suggestions? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

skbehan wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone was refused a visa after their payment was received and if so why? Also, I had to print out several extra copies of page 3 from the IMM1295 form to include my last 10 years work experience but I'm not sure how I can include this on the electronic version.... Any suggestions? :confused::confused:

I had extra work too so included a second IMM1295 form with just extra work filled out and explained why in the email. Wanted to send exactly the same details electronically. Not sure if I should have but its what I done.

Also since I done that I got a email saying I was eligible and sent to CIC so hopefully it was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey,

I arrived in Canada on January 5th 2012, so am I right in saying that my visa expires on the 4th January 2013?

I am going home for Christmas, and am looking at flying back on the 4th. Will I be able to activate my 2nd year visa then, or do I need to wait until the 5th?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

My visa finally came through at ridiculous o clock last night, very happy the wait is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Summerfly

Congratulations Martyn1989, just wondering how long you waited from being sent through to second phase to getting your visa, I'm waiting six weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kel81

I finally got my LOI today after a 4 month wait!

Timeline
    Application sent on 14th feb
    Note of receipt 13th March
    Payment request 17th April
    Sent to Cic 23rd April
    Medical form recieved 12th may
    Medical completed 16th may
    Medical recieved at embassy 25th may
    LOI 19th of June

My girlfriend is still waiting on hers. We sent the off at the same time. So one down one to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Summerfly wrote: »
    Congratulations Martyn1989, just wondering how long you waited from being sent through to second phase to getting your visa, I'm waiting six weeks now.

Thanks, got my college results aswell today, its all falling into place :D

I had issues with my payment (the guy in my bank typed my WTN number wrong and I didn't cop the mistake), Ive been in the system since late Jan. I managed to explain what happened in an email and they finally linked up my payment.

I was passed through to 2nd phase on the 4th of June and got it today (19th of June). Try not to worry they dont seem to deal with applications in any understandable order and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Quick question:

So I just paid the E105 online. Just did a basic bank transfer, as opposed to an International bank transfer. I didn't get any 'Inward Payment Advice,' or 'Payment Advice,' which is what is supposed to be attached to the confirmation email I'm about to send. Just wondering what anyone has done in this situation? Should I just send the email and explain that I've sent it, or do they require something from the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Quick question:

So I just paid the E105 online. Just did a basic bank transfer, as opposed to an International bank transfer. I didn't get any 'Inward Payment Advice,' or 'Payment Advice,' which is what is supposed to be attached to the confirmation email I'm about to send. Just wondering what anyone has done in this situation? Should I just send the email and explain that I've sent it, or do they require something from the bank?

My friend paid online and sent a screenshot of the bank transfer with the email. He's been passed onto the next stage so I assume that worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Quick question:

My son had dreadful problems after he paid his €105 through AIB online banking. When they emailed requesting details of the payment we sent an e-mail with a screenshot of the payment and all the details that we could possibly provide of the payment. Even this did not work. The Embassy also say in their request for the details that you may need to get your bank to send them an e-mail of the details.

We contacted the AIB Call Centre and they confirmed that they would put through a request to check out the payment and that this would take 5 days before they would get back to us. Sure enough on the 5th day AIB called back to say that there were a lot of problems with the Embassy not processing the permits even though the payments were received. They sent an e-mail and that evening the Embassy came back to confirm receipt and sent the application on to the next stage.

If you do contact AIB and they agree to send the e-mail ask for you to be included as a c.c. on the mail as we noticed an error in the address and this would have caused further problems. It would appear that some people lost their permits because of the non-processing of the payments.

My advice to anyone would be to contact AIB as soon as you make the payment and ask them to send an e-mail to the Embassy on your behalf. They will probably take the 5 days to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

My friend paid online and sent a screenshot of the bank transfer with the email. He's been passed onto the next stage so I assume that worked!
    Mrs. Doyle wrote: »
    My son had dreadful problems after he paid his €105 through AIB online banking. When they emailed requesting details of the payment we sent an e-mail with a screenshot of the payment and all the details that we could possibly provide of the payment. Even this did not work. The Embassy also say in their request for the details that you may need to get your bank to send them an e-mail of the details.

We contacted the AIB Call Centre and they confirmed that they would put through a request to check out the payment and that this would take 5 days before they would get back to us. Sure enough on the 5th day AIB called back to say that there were a lot of problems with the Embassy not processing the permits even though the payments were received. They sent an e-mail and that evening the Embassy came back to confirm receipt and sent the application on to the next stage.

If you do contact AIB and they agree to send the e-mail ask for you to be included as a c.c. on the mail as we noticed an error in the address and this would have caused further problems. It would appear that some people lost their permits because of the non-processing of the payments.

My advice to anyone would be to contact AIB as soon as you make the payment and ask them to send an e-mail to the Embassy on your behalf. They will probably take the 5 days to do this.

2 very different answers!!! Oh well, thanks for the answers, I'll figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Went into my local AIB and paid in the 105 yo yos.
    Asked for a receipt, she gave me back the part of the lodgement slip you usually get.
    Will that do as a proof of payment? I can't see why it wouldn't, its got the information on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Well back when I sent unvalidated I assumed I hadn't a chance but after sending my validated IMM1295 in a separate envelope days later it all turns out to have worked well.. :D

My timeline:

Sent application: 27th April
    Notice of receipt: 3rd May
    Payment requested: 22nd May
    Payment made: 25th May
    IEC eligible sent to CIC: 5th June
    LOI received: 21st June

So about 7 weeks overall which seems better than most so I can't complain.

Also just to make sure can someone confirm that the final email is titled 'do not reply' and it's the form IMM5665 and it says your application for work permit has been approved?? Thanks and I'm pretty happy and relieved at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Update:

- IEC 2012 Application Delivered (UPS tracking): 29th March
    - 1st Email: notice of receipt 22nd April
    - 2nd Email: payment request 27th April / Paid April 30th
    - 3rd Email "Phase 2" May 9th
    - Letter of Introduction June 21st

Total of 12 weeks processing from arrival of application to full confirmation.

NOTE!

Between May 9th and June 21st I received an email, twice over this period, saying that my IMM1295 did not arrive via email. If this happens to you I suggest trying to email it to this address instead of hitting reply.

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca.

This is also the email you can get in touch with if no one has contacted you within the 6 week Phase 2 period.

Good luck all. It's taken so long to do this, and already I'm thinking about applying for 2013 come December!

Advertisement