Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Both my husbands LOI and mine turned up at 1 am last night. Here's the time line for anyone interested.

Hubby timeline:

Posted on Jan 5th
    Received on the Jan 10th
    Payment email Jan 27th
    Paid Feb 1st
    Confirmation email Feb 14th
    Medical Email Feb 17th
    LOI April 19th
    :D

My Timeline:

Posted on Jan 5th
    Received on the Jan 10th
    Receipt Jan 24th
    Rejection Jan 27
    Sent again Feb 1st
    Receipt Feb 24th
    Payment email Mar 30th
    Paid Mar 30th
    Confirmation email April 4th
    LOI April 19th
    :D

They seem to be on a roll so hopefully everyone else wont have too long a wait left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

My timeline was:

9th Feb Application delivered to IEC
    27th Feb Notification of Receipt
    1st April Payment Email
    1st April Paid
    19th April Letter of Introduction Received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 twinturbine

tinyfox,

what was the rejection because of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Barry91

Decided to join boards just to comment on all this.
    Application sent: 17th of February
    Receipt E mail: 22nd of March

Flight booked for June 1st

Still waiting on the payment e mail :\

9 weeks tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Hey yeah I got my COR email at that date but still nothing. I'm hoping by this time next week I'll have the payment email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I just had a look at their website, it says that due to a an unprecedented volume of applications, they are expecting to have a lot of delays in processing them. That was dated the 22nd of March, the same day I got my COR email, which probably answers why a lot of people who applied around that time are waiting ages to hear anything from them. Still, it's very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

tinyfox,

what was the rejection because of?

They said I didn't sign one of the forms but when it was returned to me it was the section of the family form that you don't sign when you are married so I contacted them to find out what to do and they said there is no appeals process so I'd have to start my application from the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

Well done to everyone who got approved and good luck to those still waiting! Just a couple of questions.

I got the email saying I was IEC eligible and requesting the €105 so I paid that, then soon after I got the email saying my work permit was approved. Was that last email my LOI?

I'm not too sure on this one but do I need to have a certain amt of cash in my acct when I arrive in Canada? How do I prove that? A bank statement?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

conorhaugh wrote: »
    I got the email saying I was IEC eligible and requesting the €105 so I paid that, then soon after I got the email saying my work permit was approved. Was that last email my LOI?

The email with a PDF attached called IMM5665 is the LOI.

I'm not too sure on this one but do I need to have a certain amt of cash in my acct when I arrive in Canada? How do I prove that? A bank statement?

Thanks!

Yes, You're meant to have access to $2,500CAD. Not sure how strict they are about it. I'm bringing bank statement & credit card statement showing that I have access to it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

conorhaugh wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who got approved and good luck to those still waiting! Just a couple of questions.

Thanks!
    hey conor, yeah thats your LOI :-) it says you have to have min 2500 canadian dollars statement dated no longer than a week before you fly! you have to have a return flight or enough funds to show you can fly home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

:D got the LOI tonight, ten past 12, 3 weeks after cic

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

Got my rejection email today and posted everything again today as well because I had everything ready in advance, had to include the bar codes on the IMM 1295 form, here's hoping I still have time to get it all fully approved, if not I'll just apply for America.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I think there must be something wrong with my application.

I paid on March 10th and emailed off the copy of the other document. I received no confirmation of payment. Here I am nearly 6 weeks later, still no word, no rejection, no anything. Emailed them twice, heard nothing back. Called and just got recorded messages.

\My friend has done pretty much the same, and has also heard nothing at all back.

Any ideas what my next step should be??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I think there must be something wrong with my application.

I paid on March 10th and emailed off the copy of the other document. I received no confirmation of payment. Here I am nearly 6 weeks later, still no word, no rejection, no anything. Emailed them twice, heard nothing back. Called and just got recorded messages.

\My friend has done pretty much the same, and has also heard nothing at all back.

Any ideas what my next step should be??

Don't know what to say to you, my application has been drawn out too. Sent everything at the beginning of January and it's still going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eoinglynn101

I got an email from the IEC saying they got my application and are checking my eligibility. That was on the 27th of March. Still haven't got an email saying I have been accepted! Is anyone in the same situation?!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

I got an email from the IEC saying they got my application and are checking my eligibility. That was on the 27th of March. Still haven't got an email saying I have been accepted! Is anyone in the same situation?!

Was that your first email? It takes a long time. Took a month for my boyfriend to get his payment email, then another two weeks to receive confirmation of payment..

i was waiting 5 weeks i wouldnt panic just yet, some people are waiting 4 - 6 weeks for the payment email. my timeline for this process is on the previous page if it helps ya any bit.

sorry waiting 4 weeks all confused with this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

My friend has just sent off his payment but can't find his IMM1295, help! What should he do? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

MeerKat17 wrote: »
    My friend has just sent off his payment but can't find his IMM1295, help! What should he do? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Just tell him to fill out a new one, validate it and send it. Just make sure all the info is the same as the original. I forgot to save my validated form so just revalidated it, saved it, and sent it. They passed me onto the next round so it was allgood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

So I got my letter of rejection today, stating that my application does not indicate that I have habitually lived in Ireland for at least 18 months cumulative from over the last three years directly prior to submitting my application….

Now, Ive just checked it again, just to be sure, and out of the last 36 months, I have spent 21 months living in Ireland, but I have lived in the UK since January 2011, and therefore applied from the UK.

Have I misunderstood the eligibility criteria? Is it a case where I need to be living in Ireland to apply? Or is this an over-sight on their behalf?

I don’t think I have misunderstood. Perhaps I have. Your thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

iamthe43 wrote: »
    So I got my letter of rejection today, stating that my application does not indicate that I have habitually lived in Ireland for at least 18 months cumulative from over the last three years directly prior to submitting my application….

Now, Ive just checked it again, just to be sure, and out of the last 36 months, I have spent 21 months living in Ireland, but I have lived in the UK since January 2011, and therefore applied from the UK.

Have I misunderstood the eligibility criteria? Is it a case where I need to be living in Ireland to apply? Or is this an over-sight on their behalf?

I don’t think I have misunderstood. Perhaps I have. Your thoughts?

If your 100% on your dates then maybe you applied under the wrong program. The UK and IRE IEC programs are different....but the website and froms look exactly the same.

Make sure u have applied under the following irish website

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/

If you applied through the UK IEC program then they would need u to have lived in the UK for 18 out of the 36 months....which could be why u got rejected.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/

Other than that you will just have to apply again under the irish program. If u do I would recomend putting down an irish address as your current home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Just a couple of questions?

Do you have to have a return flight booked? We have booked a one way flight to Vancouver so hope not!

What have people done regarding insurance? Any suggestions etc

cmac8 wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions?

Do you have to have a return flight booked? We have booked a one way flight to Vancouver so hope not!

What have people done regarding insurance? Any suggestions etc
    you have to have a return flight or proof of funds that you can afford a return ticket. got my insurance through USIT, very expensive. i think goforless.ie does it alot cheaper you should take a look.
    hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Thanks for that. Reading on the IEC home page, it doesnt say anything about the return flight but does say that you have to show proof of having a min 2500 Canadian dollars equilivant amount in your bank account within the last 7 days.

As for the Insurance, I see there are good value options on go4less and blue insurance. Has anyone used these before and how do they rate them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

Posted on Jan 23rd
    Received on the Jan 26th
    Receipt Feb 22nd
    Payment email Mar 16th
    Paid Mar 19th
    Confirmation email Mar 26th
    LOI April 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th
    Payment Email: Apr 01st
    Payment and form sent: Apr 01st
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: Apr 13th
    Recieved LOI: Apr 24th

Thank god, stressful 2 months. can finally stop obsessively checking my email :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey all, for the garda,clearance, when im going in asking them for one, do I need to bring I.d.,or proof of address or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

jd83 wrote: »
    Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th
    Payment Email: Apr 01st
    Payment and form sent: Apr 01st
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: Apr 13th
    Recieved LOI: Apr 24th

Thank god, stressful 2 months. can finally stop obsessively checking my email :D
    i also got my Email today , Is this LOI or not ? please help!
    it says,
    Subject: Welcome.
    Dear Mr./Ms.:
    Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.
    Sincerely,
    International Experience Canada
    UK & Ireland
    High Commission of Canada
    1 Grosvenor Square
    London
    United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Panthro wrote: »
    Hey all, for the garda,clearance, when im going in asking them for one, do I need to bring I.d.,or proof of address or anything?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/law_enforcement/police_certificate.html

Thats the official way to apply for one. Some station my take your application, but most will not have a clue what your talking about and try fob you off to the vetting office. Just do whats in the link and send it to your district office. I done this and got my cert in 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cheers jd83!:)

Advertisement