Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

9 weeks tommorrow since they received it (5 weeks since notification of receipt) and still not been asked for payment! What is going on??!! Weeks ago they said they were working hard to get up to speed but if anything it seems to be going slower!! Stressful!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

Does anyone know how long the LOI usually takes after the medical has been done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 twinturbine

I have recently applied for the IEC but got a refusal on the grounds of the 18 month rule as I had been studying and training as a pilot in England from Jan 2010 to Apr 2011. I made a mistake in my application as I put down leaving England in Sept 2011 as that is when my lease had ended. What would your advice be on the best course of action for either re-applying or trying to contact them to tell them of the error if that is even possible? If I re-apply with the corrections made will I get flagged as having applied and refused before and maybe get barred from the country?

My only other option would be to travel to Canada, complete my further training (for which I do not require a student permit as it is under 6 months) and try to get a job offer, positive LMO and temporary work permit. I'm not sure whether you have any knowledge of the helicopter industry in Canada and the prospects of me obtaining the positive LMO?

Any advice or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

hbmm wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the LOI usually takes after the medical has been done?

I'd like some info in this too.....
    I did y medical on April 30th and I still haven't heard anything. I think a guy on this forum said it can take up to a month, but that was a while ago...

are you waiting long?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

akira336 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm glad for you, but I have to say, what is going on in the iec, ive my application sent since 9th January and am still waiting on my loi, I have to call up this morning and move my flights for the second time! I'm at the end of my 13th week of a supposedly 8 week process, can't tell you how mad I am:mad:

EDIT: Plus I went with USIT and am starting to wonder is that holding me back somehow, ahhhh, just changed my flights with USIT €80 for the pleasure, last time was €62 and that was with a "free" move, USIT calls it airline taxes, Just saying if anyone is thinking of using USIT, don't.
    You'll find all the information you need right here on this site,
    Rant over......................

Thanks!! I went directly through the embassy, I was warned to avoid USIT as they are a waste of money. I was waiting 11 weeks in total, hope you get yours soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Today, 3 weeks after 2nd phase acceptance and i got an email IEC Application - Document Request.

"You have provided details of your employment history for the dates between 2011/05 and 2011/08, however we require a complete employment history for the entire period following your 18th birthday.

Please provide a complete employment/personal history from the date of your 18th birthday to present, leaving no gaps. If you were unemployed for periods of this time, please indicate as such and for each activity you list, please include: i) Activity/Occupation ii) Company/Employer/Facility Name iii) City/Town and iv) Country. "

does anybody know if i just reply to this email with the information or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I have recently applied for the IEC but got a refusal on the grounds of the 18 month rule as I had been studying and training as a pilot in England from Jan 2010 to Apr 2011. I made a mistake in my application as I put down leaving England in Sept 2011 as that is when my lease had ended. What would your advice be on the best course of action for either re-applying or trying to contact them to tell them of the error if that is even possible? If I re-apply with the corrections made will I get flagged as having applied and refused before and maybe get barred from the country?

My only other option would be to travel to Canada, complete my further training (for which I do not require a student permit as it is under 6 months) and try to get a job offer, positive LMO and temporary work permit. I'm not sure whether you have any knowledge of the helicopter industry in Canada and the prospects of me obtaining the positive LMO?

Any advice or guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Probably reapplying.
    Im not sure what kind of visa you need for the other option. Arent visitor visas only 3 months? And i'd imagine that trying to get a job offer & an LMO without a work permit or holiday visa is near impossible in aeronautics.

EDIT: Actually, is there anything under the list of skilled work people required that relates to what you do? Might also be an option to see if there are any companies hiring, and try and get a job & visa sorted on that side of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

After all the shenanigans with them screwing up my previous application, I'm finally through to the second round! :) The thing is, I was wondering if there's anyone here that paid and was put through to the second round in Feb that still haven't heard anything back. My husband paid then and we're waiting to hear anything. He's emailed twice looking for an update and shock, surprise have heard nothing back from them either. From reading here, I've noticed people who paid weeks after him have gotten their LOI so I just want to check if there's anyone in the same time frame as him.

Posted: Jan 5th
    Received on the: Jan 10th
    Payment email Jan 27th
    Paid: Feb 1st
    Confirmation email and second round: Feb 14th
    Medical email: Feb 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hmmquite

tinyfox wrote: »
    After all the shenanigans with them screwing up my previous application, I'm finally through to the second round! :) The thing is, I was wondering if there's anyone here that paid and was put through to the second round in Feb that still haven't heard anything back. My husband paid then and we're waiting to hear anything. He's emailed twice looking for an update and shock, surprise have heard nothing back from them either. From reading here, I've noticed people who paid weeks after him have gotten their LOI so I just want to check if there's anyone in the same time frame as him.

Payment email Jan 27th

Mine's kind of similar, the waiting is agonising

Sent application 29 Dec
    Notice of receipt 13 Jan
    Payment request 17 Jan
    Paid and sent forms 19 Jan
    Receipt of payment 25 Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cavan mom

hi....i glad this post is here atleast we know were all in same boat... we applied on 23rd of jan. on the 19th of March we got email that we were through to second phase. (after paying the fee e.t.c.) HOWEVER...my worry is that on the 29th of march we received email from London saying they would like a TELEPHONE interview with me in ordet to finish processing my application. The interview was arranged for the 29th of march....however...NO ONE phoned???????.... CONFUSED. COM!!!????
    has anyone else been asked to be interviewed???? wat happened ??
    i hope i get LOI or phonecall soon.
    i did email ...they replied saying that its the cic who hold telephone interviews...not london office??!!"....i have NO contact for CIC canada. its soooooo frustrating. just want to know either way!... my life is on hold at min waiting on this?!!!
    xx thnx guys..any advice be appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Getting there slowly!

Sent: 14th February
    Received @ Embassy: 15th February
    Notice of receipt: 13th March
    Payment request: 16th April
    Paid: 17th April

As for the payment, went with the LDNGB method....I'm guessing all the info is in the letters and numbers so shouldn't (!) be too hard to reconcile.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

Got my LOI this morning!!!

Which is good...considering I've already booked my one-way flight for July haha

Now just have to ride out the next 11 weeks in work, pretending that i'm not planning on leggin it to the other side of the world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Gigi_Glee wrote: »
    Got my LOI this morning!!!

Which is good...considering I've already booked my one-way flight for July haha

Now just have to ride out the next 11 weeks in work, pretending that i'm not planning on leggin it to the other side of the world :D
    gigi_glee how long were you waiting for your LOI from second stage email. Im 2 weeks tomorro just curious how long more this process is gona take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

Payment email Jan 27th

WHAT! He's been in the second round over 6 weeks and not heard anything and they still won't reply to his emails? Oh man. This whole thing is so screwy. My 1st year visa runs out in 4 weeks. I thought I would be ok given that even with all the delays and mess ups the six weeks in the 2nd phase is up in 3 weeks, so I thought I would HAVE to hear back by then. But now you're saying that they basically take your money and ignore you. I could cry.... Again....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

Wavvie wrote: »

Payment email Jan 27th

WHAT! He's been in the second round over 6 weeks and not heard anything and they still won't reply to his emails? Oh man. This whole thing is so screwy. My 1st year visa runs out in 4 weeks. I thought I would be ok given that even with all the delays and mess ups the six weeks in the 2nd phase is up in 3 weeks, so I thought I would HAVE to hear back by then. But now you're saying that they basically take your money and ignore you. I could cry.... Again....

I paid on Apr 2nd after my payment request... I've heard nothing since! Not even a second phase email... nothing! They've taken my money & now nobody replies to my emails... I'm in limbo! I've seen people here who paid after me & they have received emails stating they're onto 2nd phase, nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

albablue wrote: »
    I'd like some info in this too.....
    I did y medical on April 30th and I still haven't heard anything. I think a guy on this forum said it can take up to a month, but that was a while ago...

are you waiting long?

nearly 3 weeks :(,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

emfd wrote: »
    I paid on Apr 2nd after my payment request... I've heard nothing since! Not even a second phase email... nothing! They've taken my money & now nobody replies to my emails... I'm in limbo! I've seen people here who paid after me & they have received emails stating they're onto 2nd phase, nightmare!

I had that problem too.. email them some proof of payment and make sure to include you ref number... they need the tracking number of the wire transfer. Takes them a couple of days but they will get back to you. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

gigi_glee how long were you waiting for your LOI from second stage email. Im 2 weeks tomorro just curious how long more this process is gona take

hey shellyennis!

here's my timeline:

23 Jan - Sent Application via reg post
    21 Feb - Email notification of receipt of application
    13 Mar - Payment request
    23 Mar - Made payment in AIB Grafton St Branch
    30 Mar - 2nd stage notification
    16 Apr - LOI received (WOOP!!!)

So I was waiting 3 weeks for the LOI just abouts. Hope that helps. I think being patient is the only way to get through the waiting around for emails...best of luck!!

Gigi_Glee wrote: »
    hey shellyennis!

here's my timeline:

23 Jan - Sent Application via reg post
    21 Feb - Email notification of receipt of application
    13 Mar - Payment request
    23 Mar - Made payment in AIB Grafton St Branch
    30 Mar - 2nd stage notification
    16 Apr - LOI received (WOOP!!!)

So I was waiting 3 weeks for the LOI just abouts. Hope that helps. I think being patient is the only way to get through the waiting around for emails...best of luck!!
    Thanks really appreciate that. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Got my COR today

Sent via Fedex March 23rd
    COR - 18th April

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

So heres my timeline as it stands...

1983 - Born
    02 Mar - Sent Application via reg post (from UK to HC in London)
    23 Mar - Email notification of receipt of application
    17 April - Booked one way flight to India (flight from Singapore to LA & bus to Vancouver yet TBC)

Still waiting to hear back from them. Time will tell I guess. But yea, so the plan has changed slightly. I will now (touch wood) be going to Canada via 5 months backpacking in India, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia ec...

So, long story short..... Does anyone know if its possible to enter Canada by land? Ie Bus up from LA?

Or should i be flying up from LA?

iamthe43 wrote: »
    So heres my timeline as it stands...

1983 - Born
    02 Mar - Sent Application via reg post (from UK to HC in London)
    23 Mar - Email notification of receipt of application
    17 April - Booked one way flight to India (flight from Singapore to LA & bus to Vancouver yet TBC)

Still waiting to hear back from them. Time will tell I guess. But yea, so the plan has changed slightly. I will now (touch wood) be going to Canada via 5 months backpacking in India, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia ec...

So, long story short..... Does anyone know if its possible to enter Canada by land? Ie Bus up from LA?

Or should i be flying up from LA?
    on your forms when did you state was your port of entry? you have to go through there more than likely you have to fly in, border control gives you your work permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

on your forms when did you state was your port of entry? you have to go through there more than likely you have to fly in, border control gives you your work permit.

I put down "unknown" although I knew at the time it would be Vancouver. I am assuming they have border control crossing by land, but wheater they issue work permits there or not is another story altogether.

Flying up from LA is not a big issue at all. I would just prefer to bus it up tbh

Does anyone have any experience of getting rejected from IEC because of a mistake with dates in regard to the 18 month rule? I got rejected and have now re-applied with the correct dates what are my chances??

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

what mistake did you make?

I put down the end of my lease in England where I was living at the time but had actually returned to Ireland sooner.

iamthe43 wrote: »
    I put down "unknown" although I knew at the time it would be Vancouver. I am assuming they have border control crossing by land, but wheater they issue work permits there or not is another story altogether.

Flying up from LA is not a big issue at all. I would just prefer to bus it up tbh
    Hey, Was talking to my brother, he crossed border by car last year to start his permanent residency so there is border control there (near Niagara Falls) so you should be ok to bus it up. Dont know what way they work it but he had to wait a hour in US before he could re enter canada to start it. Might be faster process for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

Hey did anyone who received their COR email around the 22nd of March hear from them at all yet, it seems everyone who receive their COR around then is still waiting for a reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Oh man the relief is insane!!!!

I got my LOI just now...I thought it would never come!

Here is my timeline for those who are waiting

Sent forms off on 12th Jan
    Notice of Receipt 15th Feb
    Payment request 6th March
    Paid and sent from 7th March
    Lost payment email 28th March
    Found Payment email 29th March
    Sent on to CIC 29th March
    Medical email request 2rd April
    LOI received April 18th

What a mission.....all in all it took 14weeks!

• Advertisement

Woo Hoo, Canada here I come just got my LOI thank god :-)
    Timeline
    Sent 3 th feb
    Received 24 th feb
    Payment request 28th march
    passed on to CIC 4 th april
    LOI 18th April
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting it will come soon :-)

Advertisement