Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

9 days from confirming payment to LOI and it was only 5 days for my boyfriend so it slightly varies I guess.

If I had that time frame that would be great, I really should unfollow this thread, every time I check my email I think, "this could be it!" : ) never is though : p
    When are ye planning on leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

I can imagine its very frustrating how erratic the waiting times can be! We both got our emails around 2am and i saw comments from many other people on this that got them around then too.
    I am completing a masters at the moment so as soon as I'm finished that in the summer were off, getting excited now :-) What about yourself?

Well I had my going away party there and my flights are booked for the 14th, so I have 4 days to get the loi.......

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

It could happen though! Just wondering did u send the medical form with your postal application? cause if you didn't you will get a medical email a few days before the LOI, we sent it with the app in January so didn't get the medical email and perhaps that helped us get the LOI so quick after payment..

As far as I remember I sent a form declaring that I didn't require a medical form. So hopefully that won't hold things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

akira336 wrote: »
    As far as I remember I sent a form declaring that I didn't require a medical form. So hopefully that won't hold things up

God i really hope it comes through for you!!!
    This is they type of situation i am freaking out over :(:( and I am flying in May.

I have tried emailing them twice today the re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca
    and ldn.iec@international.gc.ca and both have bounced back???
    Anyone tried emailing them today as well. Maybe they have got sick of all the emails :P... I received my receipt email 21 March. Just over the 2 weeks now but we will really be cutting it tight the way it seems to be going at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

annm2812 wrote: »
    God i really hope it comes through for you!!!
    This is they type of situation i am freaking out over :(:( and I am flying in May.

I have tried emailing them twice today the re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca
    and ldn.iec@international.gc.ca and both have bounced back???
    Anyone tried emailing them today as well. Maybe they have got sick of all the emails :P... I received my receipt email 21 March. Just over the 2 weeks now but we will really be cutting it tight the way it seems to be going at the moment

Why do you need to e-mail them? You should be waiting at least 3 weeks for your next e-mail. I dont want to have a go at you but you should really leave the e-mailing to people that really need to contact them over payment issues and so on. I would say they are sick o getting e-mails at this stage even though the process is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

fc04 wrote: »
    Why do you need to e-mail them? You should be waiting at least 3 weeks for your next e-mail. I dont want to have a go at you but you should really leave the e-mailing to people that really need to contact them over payment issues and so on. I would say they are sick o getting e-mails at this stage even though the process is a joke.

I was emailing them about the payment email as its over two weeks and we are flying in 7 weeks. Not that i have to explain myself but it isnt that long and it is a concern for me.

And i did say in my last post maybe they are sick of all the emails...... we are all in the same boat here no need to be getting narky.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

annm2812 wrote: »
    I was emailing them about the payment email as its over two weeks and we are flying in 7 weeks. Not that i have to explain myself but it isnt that long and it is a concern for me.

And i did say in my last post maybe they are sick of all the emails...... we are all in the same boat here no need to be getting narky.:cool:

It takes longer then 2 weeks from Receipt to Payment email. I was waiting over a month. There is a note on the sign about this.

All emailing does is slow down the whole process for everyone. My mate had to email them after he paid and his Work permit form was lost and he asked was it OK to send another one filled out but with different barcode. Reply within 10 minutes saying it was no problem. I'd say they have read your email but don't bother replying to ones like that. All they can really say is it will be dealt with when its dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Person emailing them after two weeks is pretty funny compared to some of the situations other people are in with the IEC

relax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Before emailing them you should look a peoples responses here with dates about when their app was sent, acknowledgement, payment email received etc. If your enquiring about processing times that are shorter than these dates don't bother sending an email if its anything to do with how long the process takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Canadabound87

Hi,

I sent my forms a while ago and my friends sent them same time. Sent them by registered post an were delivered on 16th March. My friends both got confirmation emails nearly three weeks ago. I wasn't too worried as I haven't received my forms back either but just double checked all my forms and realised I left out my email on one (idiot I know!). I checked on their website and they have a form you send if you have a change in contact details. I did this but wondered if anyone has experienced this before will I eventually have to resubmit or will they except my 'Update of contact details'.

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I sent my forms at the beginning of March and received my confirmation of receipt email on the 22nd of March, I'm still waiting for a follow up email on whether my application is successful or not, however, today I realised that I didn't seem to have the IMM 1295 form validated with the bar codes in my computer documents and I'm now worried incase this is how I sent it. If that's the case it looks like my forms will all be sent back to me and I'll have to apply again and with only 2,729 places left it looks like I'm totally screwed as there's a high volume of people applying. Do people think I should be ok to eventually get a place if I apply again because I really don't want to have to wait until the 2013 season?

lindzation wrote: »
    I just saw this on the British Expats site...
    Might be worth having your husband email the IEC from a different email address? (If he's using hotmail..)
    "
    icon1.gifRe: International Experience Canada
    Just got my LOI....buzzing!!!

Just some advice to applicants with a hotmail account: I emailed the IEC because it has taken nearly 5 weeks since being passed to CIC to receive LOI. They emailed me back saying they already sent my LOI on 14th March but must be security settings on my hotmail account. The visa section then re-sent the email a few mins later.

Timeline:
    sent application - 19/01/12
    delivered - 20/01/12
    COR - 07/02/12
    Conditional Acceptance - 24/02/12
    Payment - 25/02/12
    Sent to CIC - 01/03/12
    LOI - 14/03/12 (but only just received LOI today due to email issues)

also just to let everyone know.....i sent them an email via my gmail account and then they sent the LOI to my gmail account instead of hotmail account. here is the actual email they sent me if it helps anyone:
    Good afternoon;

Our records indicate your application was approved by the Visa Section on March 14th, 2012. If you have not already received a Letter of Introduction via email, then it must indeed be because the security settings on your hotmail account prevented the email from going into your inbox and was instead forwarded to your 'junk mail' folder directly. We have forwarded your inquiry to the Visa Section who will re-send the LoI to your gmail address listed below. We would advise you to keep a close eye on your email folders over the next few days to make sure you receive the second email from the Visa Section.
    Kind regards,

The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland"

That all reminds me, ever since I received the confirmation of receipt email I keep getting this pop up saying security certificate everytime I log into my hotmail account, do you think this would have anything to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

bpoleary wrote: »
    I sent my forms at the beginning of March and received my confirmation of receipt email on the 22nd of March, I'm still waiting for a follow up email on whether my application is successful or not, however, today I realised that I didn't seem to have the IMM 1295 form validated with the bar codes in my computer documents and I'm now worried incase this is how I sent it. If that's the case it looks like my forms will all be sent back to me and I'll have to apply again and with only 2,729 places left it looks like I'm totally screwed as there's a high volume of people applying. Do people think I should be ok to eventually get a place if I apply again because I really don't want to have to wait until the 2013 season?

I wouldn't worry so much, i think you will be fine if you have to apply again. I'd say most people apply in january and february.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

hey,

I sent my application by registered post but it was not received by the iec as the idiots in england tried delivering it on easter saturday. therefore it is now up to the iec to collect my application from the post office.

im just wondering has anyone else had this problem and whether the iec will collect the post or whether it will now be sent back to me??

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

trasla7 wrote: »
    hey,

I sent my application by registered post but it was not received by the iec as the idiots in england tried delivering it on easter saturday. therefore it is now up to the iec to collect my application from the post office.

im just wondering has anyone else had this problem and whether the iec will collect the post or whether it will now be sent back to me??

That is absolutely rotten

Doubt the IEC would be going out of their way to pick it up tbh

Couldn't they just send it back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

trasla7 wrote: »
    hey,

doesn't the post office have to do 2 or 3 attempts to deliver a letter before it is returned to sender. They might re deliver it and you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

thanks for the responses, i rang the post office and they said they dont try to re-deliver so its up to the iec.

they also told me that british post is delivered on saturdays too so surely then this happens a lot as the iec are not open saturdays

i will be absolutely furious if it gets sent back to me (ie if the iec dont collect it- althought the way they operate, it wouldnt surprise me)

fc04 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry so much, i think you will be fine if you have to apply again. I'd say most people apply in january and february.
    Well I suppose I should look on the bright side of it, the longer my wait for it to be approved, the more money I'll have going over there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hi all,
    After 5 weeks I received my request for payment. I did a bank transfer on the 30th of March and I have yet to receive any confirmation they received my payment. How long before they send you this email? I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address with a screen grab of the payment transfer but it keeps bouncing back (i'm using gmail).

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Been away for a while, so for those who have been following the thread a little closer than I have - is 5 weeks from receipt of application to request of payment still about the norm? Been just over 4 weeks for me (8 weeks in total) ...killing me, but will be reassuring if this is pretty standard. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

JamesA1984 wrote: »
    Been away for a while, so for those who have been following the thread a little closer than I have - is 5 weeks from receipt of application to request of payment still about the norm? Been just over 4 weeks for me (8 weeks in total) ...killing me, but will be reassuring if this is pretty standard. Thanks in advance!
    Hey JamesA1984 my process was
    delivered 3rd of Feb,
    Receipt of application 24 feb,
    payment request 28 march, paid that day by bank transfer.
    Second stage email 4 march.
    The waiting continues.........

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Really??? Did you receive an email today? my hushand got it even though he didn't get his LOI yet it says:

Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.

Does that mean he has his LOI but it was emailed correctly? Or that batch of emails crashed?? It didn't go to his junk mail.....

What are they like?????

Hope you hear soon!!!!

My Husbang got his visa at long last - first they blamed his security settings on his email, but they were wrong as he used GMail, then they said it was because his email address wasn't on the IMM form, but they were wrong!!! His LOI was issued on the 6th MArch like mine - 5 WEEKS of stress for nothing!!!!! ANyway....Vancouver here we come!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

My Husbang got his visa at long last - first they blamed his security settings on his email, but they were wrong as he used GMail, then they said it was because his email address wasn't on the IMM form, but they were wrong!!! His LOI was issued on the 6th MArch like mine - 5 WEEKS of stress for nothing!!!!! ANyway....Vancouver here we come!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got it all sorted!!!!! :) enjoy Vancouver!!!

Great news Galwaygal! Best of luck with the move! I'm 7 working days since my payment confirmation, I need the Loi before Friday or else I have to move the flight again? COME ON LOI ! ! ! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

JordiH wrote: »
    Hi all,
    After 5 weeks I received my request for payment. I did a bank transfer on the 30th of March and I have yet to receive any confirmation they received my payment. How long before they send you this email? I've tried emailing the idn.iec email address with a screen grab of the payment transfer but it keeps bouncing back (i'm using gmail).

Any suggestions?

Hey there,

We paid on April 2nd from Canada and also still haven't received a payment confirmation.. I emailed in a scan of the receipt yesterday and haven't hear anything back... probably just backlog as it sounds like a few people haven't received confirmation yet - even though others got it a couple days later. No method!

cally112 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got it all sorted!!!!! :) enjoy Vancouver!!!

akira336 wrote: »
    Great news Galwaygal! Best of luck with the move! I'm 7 working days since my payment confirmation, I need the Loi before Friday or else I have to move the flight again? COME ON LOI ! ! ! : )
    fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement

I paid online with Aib, and put in all the correct information, and seemingly when Aib sent it they jumbled up my info so the iec couldn't find me, so I got an SP reference number from them over the phone, emailed it to the iec and they emailed back saying they found me, worth a try?

Advertisement