Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

albablue wrote: »
    In the final stages now!!
    Just waiting on the LOI,

I did my medical last week, any details on how long it takes to get the LOI after the medical?

I just did my medical today/ Quick question did you have to pay for the courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

hbmm wrote: »
    I just did my medical today/ Quick question did you have to pay for the courier?

I went to a dedicated visa clinic and paid €305 for the lot (bloods, xray, urine) so Im not sure if a courier was included in that cost.....

but I know another guy on this thread had to pay for a courier so maybe if you go to a smaller practice you have to pay for courier charges...

Its pretty expensive...If i dont get the LOI at this stage Ill freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Spunge wrote: »
    I paid last week , and i emailed the IMM 1295 form as well, got a receipt for that, on time. Then i got the email that i was being sent on to CIC.

But now i got an email saying they never recieved the IMM 1295 form, although i can clearly see in my sent email folder, that it was sent, with attachment.

Ill just sent it again but I dont suppose anyone else had this problem ?

Did you get an automatic email from them once you had sent off your application form? I recieved one within minutes of sending off the form..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Has anyone got the loi lately just wondering, on a timescale for mine, hoping to get sorted and get out of here soon!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just another timeline update:

9th Feb Application delivered to IEC
    27th Feb Notification of Receipt
    1st April Payment Email
    1st April Paid via AIB online banking. Took out the - from WTN number to fit.
    4th April Passed on to second stage email.

So far I've been very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Just another timeline update:

9th Feb Application delivered to IEC
    27th Feb Notification of Receipt
    1st April Payment Email
    1st April Paid via AIB online banking. Took out the - from WTN number to fit.
    4th April Passed on to second stage email.

So far I've been very happy.

Vuzugga,

Could you please tell me how you made payment, I am in Vancouver and have an AIB account but I want to be 100% i get it right first time round. If I screw up and get rejected and have to reapply i am ineligible due to the 18 month rule. any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Sure
    Go to: AIB Banking
    -> Transfer & Payments
    -> I want to transfer money to another ROI account
    -Select account to pay from
    -Enter message to appear on YOUR statement
    -Click next
    -Click Make a new payment
    -> Select An NSC and account number
    - Receiver Name : Canadian Embassy
    - Receiver NSC: 931233
    - Receiver account number: 4XXXXXX2
    - Message to appear on receiver statement: LDNIE12-WHP-000000
    - €105 and next

Then enter in your codes and your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Sure
    Go to: AIB Banking
    -> Transfer & Payments
    -> I want to transfer money to another ROI account
    -Select account to pay from
    -Enter message to appear on YOUR statement
    -Click next
    -Click Make a new payment
    -> Select An NSC and account number
    - Receiver Name : Canadian Embassy
    - Receiver NSC: 931233
    - Receiver account number: 4XXXXXX2
    - Message to appear on receiver statement: LDNIE12-WHP-000000
    - €105 and next

Then enter in your codes and your laughing.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Now I understand about your previous post where you you have dropped the first two - (LDN-IE-12 changed to LDNIE12) to make it first on the receivers statement. lets hope my reference comes out currently on their side and I don't have problems like other people who have applied. thanks again. one step closer to another visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Just waiting for my payment email like many others. But has any one paid through a Bank Of Ireland online account??

Or is going into your BOI branch the safest thing to do??

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

tbayers wrote: »
    Just waiting for my payment email like many others. But has any one paid through a Bank Of Ireland online account??

Thanks in advance

I'm wondering this too

Asked the other day, and nobody answered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

tbayers wrote: »

Thanks in advance
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I'm wondering this too

Asked the other day, and nobody answered

On BoI 365 online you can add an international payee and get the security code through immediately by providing your mobile number. Would this be a suitable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

It's not an international payee though, you're paying to an AIB account...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Ran a search on this thread to see if there were any positives for paying through 365 but on a quick look couldn't come across any positives. If you play around with the search criteria you may get some more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Think we're the only ones who applied mid jan waiting on LOI so frustrating, week 5 since we got receipt of payment :(:(

Think we're the only ones who applied mid jan waiting on LOI so frustrating, week 5 since we got receipt of payment :(:(

Did you have any convictions or a medical.. anything that would cause it to take longer??

lindzation wrote: »
    Did you have any convictions or a medical.. anything that would cause it to take longer??
    No, we included the medical form in the application. i received my LOI a week after paying, but my husband hasn't heard a word since payment receipt....i may as well not have received my LOI, cannot get excited or anything :( He sent two emails but of course there was no reply....

No, we included the medical form in the application. i received my LOI a week after paying, but my husband hasn't heard a word since payment receipt....i may as well not have received my LOI, cannot get excited or anything :( He sent two emails but of course there was no reply....

I just saw this on the British Expats site...
    Might be worth having your husband email the IEC from a different email address? (If he's using hotmail..)
    "
    icon1.gifRe: International Experience Canada
    Just got my LOI....buzzing!!!

Just some advice to applicants with a hotmail account: I emailed the IEC because it has taken nearly 5 weeks since being passed to CIC to receive LOI. They emailed me back saying they already sent my LOI on 14th March but must be security settings on my hotmail account. The visa section then re-sent the email a few mins later.

Timeline:
    sent application - 19/01/12
    delivered - 20/01/12
    COR - 07/02/12
    Conditional Acceptance - 24/02/12
    Payment - 25/02/12
    Sent to CIC - 01/03/12
    LOI - 14/03/12 (but only just received LOI today due to email issues)

also just to let everyone know.....i sent them an email via my gmail account and then they sent the LOI to my gmail account instead of hotmail account. here is the actual email they sent me if it helps anyone:
    Good afternoon;

Our records indicate your application was approved by the Visa Section on March 14th, 2012. If you have not already received a Letter of Introduction via email, then it must indeed be because the security settings on your hotmail account prevented the email from going into your inbox and was instead forwarded to your 'junk mail' folder directly. We have forwarded your inquiry to the Visa Section who will re-send the LoI to your gmail address listed below. We would advise you to keep a close eye on your email folders over the next few days to make sure you receive the second email from the Visa Section.
    Kind regards,

The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

I paid through a BOI branch, I filled out an "InterPay-Euro to EU/EEA Countries ONLY" form.
    Thought it was a bit weird as I was paying from Dublin BOI to Dublin AIB but went with it as there was lots of space for the WTN number.

It takes 3 days to go through but I had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

I've applied on the 9th of Jan an have no LOI yet, worst part about it is I have my flights booked for 14th April and a going away party this Friday......will look a bit stupid if I'm here 5 weeks later? : )

lindzation wrote: »
    I just saw this on the British Expats site...
    Might be worth having your husband email the IEC from a different email address? (If he's using hotmail..)
    "
    icon1.gifRe: International Experience Canada
    Just got my LOI....buzzing!!!

Just some advice to applicants with a hotmail account: I emailed the IEC because it has taken nearly 5 weeks since being passed to CIC to receive LOI. They emailed me back saying they already sent my LOI on 14th March but must be security settings on my hotmail account. The visa section then re-sent the email a few mins later.

Timeline:
    sent application - 19/01/12
    delivered - 20/01/12
    COR - 07/02/12
    Conditional Acceptance - 24/02/12
    Payment - 25/02/12
    Sent to CIC - 01/03/12
    LOI - 14/03/12 (but only just received LOI today due to email issues)

also just to let everyone know.....i sent them an email via my gmail account and then they sent the LOI to my gmail account instead of hotmail account. here is the actual email they sent me if it helps anyone:
    Good afternoon;

Our records indicate your application was approved by the Visa Section on March 14th, 2012. If you have not already received a Letter of Introduction via email, then it must indeed be because the security settings on your hotmail account prevented the email from going into your inbox and was instead forwarded to your 'junk mail' folder directly. We have forwarded your inquiry to the Visa Section who will re-send the LoI to your gmail address listed below. We would advise you to keep a close eye on your email folders over the next few days to make sure you receive the second email from the Visa Section.
    Kind regards,

The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland"

surely everyone checks their junk mail anyway bit of a stupid mistake

• Advertisement

akira336 wrote: »
    I've applied on the 9th of Jan an have no LOI yet, worst part about it is I have my flights booked for 14th April and a going away party this Friday......will look a bit stupid if I'm here 5 weeks later? : )

how long is it since you got youre last email

fc04 wrote: »

how long is it since you got youre last email

This is my timeline so far

9th Jan: posted, regular mail
    20th Feb: Notice of receipt email received
    8th March: Payment Request
    9th march: Payment sent 
    28th march: can't find payment email received
    28th march: emailed them with sp reference no.
    29th march: received payment confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

hey i went through BOI, got them to do the electronic transfer and I got my second stage email yesterday i paid last friday.

This is my timeline so far

9th Jan: posted, regular mail
    20th Feb: Notice of receipt email received
    8th March: Payment Request
    9th march: Payment sent
    28th march: can't find payment email received
    28th march: emailed them with sp reference no.
    29th march: received payment confirmation

Ya myself and my gf got passed on to the final stage on the 29th aswell so id say we are looking at the same for loi hopefully soon, hopefully before you go just to give you piece of mind anyway.keep us posted if you hear anything.

Will do, yeah, for piece of mind it would be great. Pity that they probably have friday and monday off, doesn't help our cause

Really??? Did you receive an email today? my hushand got it even though he didn't get his LOI yet it says:

Welcome to International Experience Canada (IEC).
    You have received your Letter of Introduction from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that
    outlines the next steps for your trip to Canada. The goal of International Experience Canada
    (IEC) is to help you visit and discover Canada through a travel, work and life experience.
    Canada is one of the largest countries in the world, with a diversity of geography, climate, people
    and customs. To help you understand the differences between Canada’s provinces, and to assist
    you in adapting to the differences that may exist between your country and Canada, IEC has
    prepared a Guide to Canada. You can view or download this guide from our site at http://
    www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/
    canada_guide-guide_du_canada.aspx?lang=eng.
    To help us better understand your expectations as an International Experience Canada
    participant, we invite you to take our short online pre-departure survey at http://dfaitmaeci.
    sondages-surveys.ca/s/IEC-EIC/. You will receive another notification from us at the end
    of your participation inviting you to take our post-participation survey.
    If at any time during your stay in Canada you would like to comment on your experience to the
    Canadian government, you may contact IEC at experience@international.gc.ca.
    We hope that your visit represents a step towards a lifelong positive relationship with Canada
    and Canadians. We wish you every success in your Canadian adventure.

Does that mean he has his LOI but it was emailed correctly? Or that batch of emails crashed?? It didn't go to his junk mail.....

What are they like?????

Hope you hear soon!!!!

I'd take that as a green light, maybe the LOI got skipped? But I didn't know they sent one after the LOI, great news for ye though! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

I got that email as well this evening following my LOI last week, wasn't expecting it!

I got that email as well this evening following my LOI last week, wasn't expecting it!

When did you get your payment confirmed? How long did it take you to get your LOI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

9 days from confirming payment to LOI and it was only 5 days for my boyfriend so it slightly varies I guess.

Advertisement