Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

trasla7 wrote: »
    Hey,

I am just about to apply for the working holiday visa. I have a Garda Cert but i didnt put all previous addresses I had on it.

Is this likely to affect my application?

potentially...but maybe not...is it worth the risk? That might delay you up to two months...why didnt you put down the previous addresses? Thats the only requirement...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

trasla7 wrote: »
    Hey,

I am just about to apply for the working holiday visa. I have a Garda Cert but i didnt put all previous addresses I had on it.

Is this likely to affect my application?

You'll be grand. The Garda cert is just to say you've never been convicted, the addresses don't matter too much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 trasla7

Thanks for the replies! just didnt bother to fill out addresses because ive lived in so many different places when in college i didnt think it would matter.

hopefully its no too late to get a visa. sending off for it monday

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

conorhaugh wrote: »
    Thanks! Can I just ask one more thing? :) The €105 was requested and paid, then the next thing I heard from then was that I was IEC eligible and my application had been sent to the CIC. Will I receive a 'payment accepted' email next and then a LOI/rejection, or was the last email they sent me more or less confirmation that my payment had been accepted because it said the process was moving forward? Thank you!
    next correspondence should be LOI/rejection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ara!

So Im in Canada with 23 days left till my visa expires,I got someone form home to make my visa payment by cash 10 days ago into AIB,I then e-mailed the IEC 2 days after it to ask had they received it, they replied with :

Good afternoon;
    We have not been able to reconcile your payment because the information inserted in the reference line of your payment by your bank is insufficient. Please contact your bank and obtain the following information: The exact date your payment was transferred to our account, the name of the account holder from which the payment was made, and the reference line information exactly as it was inserted in our account. Please do not make another payment as it will only cause greater confusion with reconciling the first payment you made. Once you provide us with this information we will hopefully be able to trace your payment and continue processing your application.
    Kind regards,
    The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland

I then contacted my local AIB bank asking them what was going on and they assured me the payment went into the IECs account, I got the bank to e-mail
    the IEC to tell them that the payment was for sure paid.

The only thing is I have no reference number like GTSOND*******84 because my payment was made by cash,, and I just received an e-mail from IEC saying my application meets the IEC criteria and is sent to second phase of evalution..(Does this mean my payment was found or does this mean that the electronic application I e-mailed to them when I made my payment has just been passed??? ..

As my 12 days of payment are up on sunday im stuck in limbo of decision to repay online (even thought they have told me not to) or just hope for the best that I dont get an email on sunday saying my 12 days are up and my application has been declined, I cant afford to mess this up, its taken 3 bloody months to get this far.

Do the IEC even operate on the weekends??

Advice anyone??

P.S. The IEC are the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Are the emails sent in the morning or can you get it whenever?

Just want to get payment off as soon as get the email and am expecting it any day now!
    Usually between 12 and 3 is when i got mine but they vary id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

Ara! wrote: »
    So Im in Canada with 23 days left till my visa expires,I got someone form home to make my visa payment by cash 10 days ago into AIB,I then e-mailed the IEC 2 days after it to ask had they received it, they replied with :

Good afternoon;
    We have not been able to reconcile your payment because the information inserted in the reference line of your payment by your bank is insufficient. Please contact your bank and obtain the following information: The exact date your payment was transferred to our account, the name of the account holder from which the payment was made, and the reference line information exactly as it was inserted in our account. Please do not make another payment as it will only cause greater confusion with reconciling the first payment you made. Once you provide us with this information we will hopefully be able to trace your payment and continue processing your application.
    Kind regards,
    The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland

I then contacted my local AIB bank asking them what was going on and they assured me the payment went into the IECs account, I got the bank to e-mail

The only thing is I have no reference number like GTSOND*******84 because my payment was made by cash,, and I just received an e-mail from IEC saying my application meets the IEC criteria and is sent to second phase of evalution..(Does this mean my payment was found or does this mean that the electronic application I e-mailed to them when I made my payment has just been passed??? ..

As my 12 days of payment are up on sunday im stuck in limbo of decision to repay online (even thought they have told me not to) or just hope for the best that I dont get an email on sunday saying my 12 days are up and my application has been declined, I cant afford to mess this up, its taken 3 bloody months to get this far.

Advice anyone??

I got the same yes you are passed on to the next phase just what it says in the e-mail:o
    Seriously what do you want from them You have been passed on to the next phase wakey wakey rise and shine:P i know youre a few hours behind in canada but come on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Ara! wrote: »

Good afternoon;
    Kind regards,
    The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland

Advice anyone??

Yeah you are grand!!! You wouldn't get passed on to the 2nd phase if they still couldn't find your payment

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

I am waiting on the payment email, has anyone got any success stories with sending it from Canada? Can anyone shed any light on why almost everyones payment is not showing up? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

jaysuz wrote: »
    I am waiting on the payment email, has anyone got any success stories with sending it from Canada? Can anyone shed any light on why almost everyones payment is not showing up? Thanks

I sent mine from TD, gave the guy my letter and said the numbers and details had to be as they were on the letter. He was great, he added 10 bucks in case there were any fees on the other side.

My payment receipt was delayed so I was e-mailing with the details asking why eventually they said it was because the bank just printed my last initial as opposed to my full name, they also said that there was a problem with the wtn number. It could be because he put in the letters 'wtn' as well and that cut off some of the last letter but I can't be sure. Anyway it's been sorted now so I have to wait again now to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scad8585

Hey everyone, can anyone advise me or share their experience in taking money to canada?
    It says you must have a printed statement of your bank account a week before you leave , now do I take all the money out after getting a printed statement and change it to canadian dollars and take it with me on the plane, or do I transfer it from my natwest account to my canadian bank account once I've opened one? What are the exchange rates like in a canadian bank account if I was to transfer?
    Many thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just got my payment email.

My timeline:

Application delivered to IEC 9th Feb
    Notification of Receipt 27th Feb
    Payment Email 1st April
    Paid immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

Hi,
    If I am trying to make payment of the 105 euro from Ireland should I use the iban and swiftcode numbers or just the account and sort code numbers? If I use the iban and swift option it says the payment will be recieved in aib ifsc rather than grafton street as stated in the letter. I'm confused...
    Thanks in advance for any guidance! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th
    Payment Email: Apr 01st
    Payment and form sent: Apr 01st

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Wow, they must have been told to get cracking on the backlog if they're working on Sundays now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Billyboo

Can I ask how long did you have to wait for the second phase email after you made payment? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

Apologies for asking a question that has already been answered numerous times but i can't get a definitive answer.

I am in Canada on my 2nd visa (Year 1 Usit Year 2 IEC) and waiting on my payment request email for my 2nd IEC visa after receiving confirmation from IEC that they received application March 20th. I have only one chance to get payment right, if they reject me due to non payment I will will be ineligible to reapply as i will be over 18 months here and it will not leave me enough time to get an alternative work visa.

From anyone who has had their payment excepted can you please tell me the exact process for making payment. I have an AIB account at home and an RBC account here and most people seem to be making their payments from home.

thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Wow, they must have been told to get cracking on the backlog if they're working on Sundays now!

wow no kidding! how crazy! and awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 daviehol

Hey all, still waiting on my Garda clearance form. Do you think I still have time to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

Wooo!!! Payment accepted and onto second phase. The emails are rolling in now, hopefully wont be long now.

Canada here we come:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

jiminho wrote: »
    Wooo!!! Payment accepted and onto second phase. The emails are rolling in now, hopefully wont be long now.

Canada here we come:D:D:D:D:D

When did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

daviehol wrote: »
    Hey all, still waiting on my Garda clearance form. Do you think I still have time to apply?

I'd say so, I'd defo give it a go, only half of them gone so far....... so going by that logic they mightn't run out until June/July??

Then again, the IEC are pretty unpredictable... so you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 daviehol

albablue wrote: »
    I'd say so, I'd defo give it a go, only half of them gone so far....... so going by that logic they mightn't run out until June/July??

Then again, the IEC are pretty unpredictable... so you never know...

Yeah I'm gonna try it anyway! No harm. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    When did you pay?
    Thursday afternoon. So not 2 shabby. Hopefully get loi any day now;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

karlcox2 wrote: »

From anyone who has had their payment excepted can you please tell me the exact process for making payment. I have an AIB account at home and an RBC account here and most people seem to be making their payments from home.

thank you in advance

i paid directly into the grafton st bank account, in the actual branch, that seems to be the most "sure" way of getting it done. i hear of delays etc when done online, even if you are an AIB customer. do you have someone who could pop in for you? mine was due by 25 march, and i paid it on 23 march, and they accepted it and i had the next email by the following friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

hey all

just a word of warning if you are going over on the 3 month holiday visa while waiting for your LOI.

one of my boyfriend's friends went over to join them (which i'm doing in july - YAY) and at immigration they asked him whether he had a return flight. think he panicked and said "of course" (even though he didnt) and then they took him into an interview room and went through his emails/facebook/all online presence as well as a tough round of questioning. they put an endorsement on his 3 month visa saying a warrant would be issued for his arrest if he is still in canada without a legitimate visa after 3 months.

moral of the story: dont try to fudge the facts at the border, just be honest and everything will be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I paid last week , and i emailed the IMM 1295 form as well, got a receipt for that, on time. Then i got the email that i was being sent on to CIC.

But now i got an email saying they never recieved the IMM 1295 form, although i can clearly see in my sent email folder, that it was sent, with attachment.

Ill just sent it again but I dont suppose anyone else had this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Danteryu

Well, despite a late shred of hope when hearing about others who avoided it, I was rejected this morning because of the 18 month rule....devastated. :(

I guess I'll have to change my status to visitor and get going on applying for common-law PR...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Application Sent: 07/02/2012
    Receipt of Application: 08/03/2012
    Email requesting payment: 02/04/2012
    Paid: 03/04/2012

And now the waiting game begins again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

In the final stages now!!
    Just waiting on the LOI,

I did my medical last week, any details on how long it takes to get the LOI after the medical?

Advertisement