Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Mmm sounds like those pains i was having yesterday. Could be early labour pains for you :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

no, wouldn't describe it as a sharp pain betsie as it just felt like twas all over pelvis and couldn't sit up. Might pop in for a shower n all just incase ha ha. Wanna be prepared!!
    Baby is wriggling like a worm here since it!
    I would love if it was but jesus i'd be petrified at same time :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hey girls, the heat has me smothered. House is up in a heap. An electrician here putting in new oven and has to relocate i,t and put in new plugs etc, my living room is full of kitchen furniture and I am kinda pinned behind it.

Just to give first time mums an idea if they are starting ( this is just my experience)

When I had my daughter I got stomach pains that felt like food poisoning, just crampy and nauseous , I thought it was takeaway I had. I was in denial, I went shopping and even to the cinema, v uncomfortable!.
    Then they turned into period pains that would not go away for few hours, waves of pain in my lower back and tummy that came and went. They stopped and i had a good nights sleep, they came back stronger the next day. they continued to get worse throughout day.

I kept walking all day and I think this is key. It was the next day when I could'nt handle it anymore I decided to go in to admissions, when I got to hospital I was 5 cm . My waters had to be broken at 9cm and i never had a show.

thanks for that tishandy, gonna keep an eye on these cos lower back has been crampy too so will see.
    How did ur interview go??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

that's a great bit of information tishandy thanks so much :-)

i know what you mean though gee g petrified haha :-) good idea to have a shower even with the heat anyway you will feel better after it

• Advertisement

as soon as it passed betsie i started crying and couldn't stop! I think its just after waiting for it for so long and its all just been talk and then boom it becomes reality :-D

i know the feeling its very easy to talk about it but every pain is like uh oh is this it, is it not

Ye i know, its bloody mad. Wel i'm getting little pains down there now but nothing as bad as earlier so wil just take it easy and see.just had to have big glass of milk AND some icecream, bloody heartburn is crippling me!!

Thanks Tishandy its good to know what to look out for! Are the pains still coming gee g?
    Went quickly to the shops bought 3 pineapples two boxes of raspberry tea and castor oil. I don't want anything to happen over the weekend but ill have them for next week or the week after just in case :-)
    Also bought gallons of ice cream :-P

do ya just get the tea in supermarket?
    Ye little niggles down there but same as what i always kind of get! And back still a bit. So just keeping an eye now.
    You'll turn into a pineapple pushkii :-) ha ha.

• Advertisement

Ha ha I know i have them sunbathing on the windosill to ripen them :-) i have to get the tea in the health food shop can't find them anywhere else.
    I met my aunt today and she said that its a good sign if you are getting pains in the back:-)

your some woman for the pineapple pushki :-) be careful with the castor oil it can make you sick

i was just told to watch a really sad film and to have a real good cry, can bring on labour too apparently, i think people are making things up now haha

Ya betsie i said id get it and only try it if im really desperate in a week or 2
    That is gas betsie about the sad film ive never heard of that one before!!
    The notebook always gets me or marley and me :-(

marley and me kills me, i do be almost wailing watching it, i just put on ps i love you and had to turn it off not in the mood for crying really x

honest to god girls, ya'd wonder bout some of the stuff people will be telling ya!
    If Ye are in the mood for a giggle, goole old wives tale to tell sex of the baby... That'll surely put ya into labour but crying with laughter :-) not sure if i've said that before but i laughed and laughed reading them, ridiculous!

Ya you do have to be in the mood for sad films alright. Had to stop eating the pineapple my tounge started bleeding :O

feck pushki you need to stop eating them for a few days anyway i would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Thanks Tishandy for the tips, its good to know, im so scared to be honest.
    Iv heard pain in back lower back is a good sign, heard that most from women in the know.

Absolutely nothing happening here and im so emotional, crying at least little things, and it hasnt brought on labour so
    id rule out that old wives tale.

Pushki, iv tried the pineapple too, did absolutely nothing for me.

Ha ha betsie think i went overboard alright :-) are you still getting pains gee g?

no, had a nap n nothing since :-( back is still niggly though but dunno if its anything!
    Ye pushkii, maybe give them a break for a while :-)

• Advertisement

Ya ive them hidden out of sight i bet ill have nightmares tonight with giant pineapples coming to get me!!
    Rose no wonder you are feeling emotional, when are you back at the hospital?
    Gee g niggly pains are good ;-)

at least you managed to have a nap today Gee G do you some good :)

pushki ill be waiting to hear about your dreams now tomorrow haha instead of "james and the giant peech" it will be "Pushki and the Giant Pineapples"

ha ha, that gave me a good giggle!! Poor pushkii will be afraid to shut her eyes :-) just settling in on front of soaps with another bowl of icecream and a big box of rennie ice, this is my first time trying them. Not bad!!

no they are not bad and i find they give a bit of relief quicker then the fruit ones :) wouldnt mind some ice cream myself :)

ha ha betsie you made me laugh out loud there!!:D
    Right im going to get myself some ice cream too :)

i've never tasted fruit one's, just the normal mint one's! Its just not letting up at all!
    Ye icecream is the job, only i cheated and had smarties in it ;-)

the fruit ones are grand, but sick of taking them full stop :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Im on the ice cream bandwagon too, just had a snickers ice cream now onto a magnum almond.

mmm.. smarties and ice cream..
    just had honeycomb in a cone with a flake :)
    Girls just think of the binning cermony ye will have with the rennies and gaviscon when bab arrives :)
    I got rid of my many half drank bottles of gaviscon a few days ago I swear the smell of it in the kitchen after i washed it down the sink :eek:

• Advertisement

oh my local shop will go out of business when the baby comes haha

Advertisement