Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

girls ye had me in tears reading all your well wishes , thank ye all for being there for me all along the support was incredible xx

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Pushkii huge congrats to you on your baby girl, I welled up reading your post part for happiness for you and part from jealousy cos I'm still hanging on here in limbo. Can't believe how quick it went for you, well done and hope you have a speedy recovery :) Enjoy your little bundle of joy xxx
    Didn't sleep great again from the pains. Cannot actually believe how long this has dragged out, started on Thursday for fecks sake. Having my waters broken in the morning so just trying to focus on that to keep myself sane. I just want my baby in my arms :(

Also congrats theg81der! Sorry I missed that first time round just saw pushkii's news. Delighted for ya, you had a long wait. Any tips on what to expect? I'm in in the morning to have my waters broken like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Congrats the gr81der.
    And pushkii wow what a story, huge congrats, it's an amazing feeling to be out the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah October, hopefully tomorrow goes well for you, you will have your little bundle of joy in your arms before you know it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Pushkii u had me in tears, delighted for you, and cobgratulations. Thank god ur mum was with you, i know u were worried about that.

Well i had a brainstorm last sunday and promised my little un we would go to dublin zoo, so off we set from lovely donegal at 9am yesterday mornin, got to the zoo, walked around for over 3hours and drove home again, if i EVER have a brainstorm like that again imma kick my own ass. My feet, ankles and fingers were massive last night and so bloody stiff and sore.

Hope something moves along for someone today xx

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Pushki I am so delighted for you, well done, it was so quick for you, I bet she is just gorgeous, I am so emotional thinking about you and your little baby, enjoy every second of it, and thanks for the tips, i hope my labour goes super quick like yours.
    Lots of love to you and your family and above all your little girl. xxxx

Good luck tomorrow October, it will happen for you soon.
    Have hospital in morning too but doubt they will do anything for me, only 4 days over.

Betsie, i am as cranky as hell too, I hope its a sign :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

October when I went in they said I had gone back to 1cm and they had to give gel twice then to start me so don`t expect it to be written in stone. Induction is very hard, I used heat pads, tens machine, petedine, meditation, gas and air and an epidural and it was still hard. Take everything thats on offer and listen to your midwives! If u have the option of not being induced take it aswell - I had no choice baby was in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

october the very best of luck to u for tomorrow. Please god u and baby will be snuggling up together before long :-) betsie how are u feeling now mrs? I have been out and about for the afternoon, my lovely oh bought me a new phone as an early birthday present :-) so am heading home now armed with two pineapples to chill on couch for the eve :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Congrat's to you too 81, i missed ur announcement. Jaysus girls the balls fair rolling now

Laura great to hear from you again :-)

still nothing from kin?

gee g Im ok, still cranky, but oh brought me out for my dinner so i wouldn't have to cook, god love him he is great really :-)

pushki that was nice of the nurse wasn't it :-) did you get any sleep yet, hope your doing ok x

ah that was nice of him betsie, cheer u up a bit :-)
    i've done nothing but eat crap all day and had a mc donalds choc milkshake on way home... Lovely at the time but not feeling so hot now ha ha.
    Pushkii u should sleep when she does or you'll be shattered when it comes to going home. Dont know how you're even remotely jealous of me and my pineapples ha ha, i'd far rather be sitting in hospital looking at my Babs, having it all over me!
    Still getting lots of little pains but again nothing constant n not strong enough to be contractions! But tis funny, when i get the pains right down between legs i also get stabbed by feet under my ribs, i can just picture baby digging its heels in trying to push its way out ha. If only twas that easy!!

yeah gee g it did cheer me up a bit, and i didn't have to cook haha, just had a nap there woke up with dull kinda period pains but its all at the front nothing to my back :-(
    pushki i hope you get some sleep soon x x x

doesn't have to be at back too, can be either or, i think!! Ya never know betsie:
    I'm like a bold child here, my new phone won't work for me. I'm so annoyed n trying so hard not to throw something at the wall!!! So annoyed :-(

Thanks for your good wishes girls, the end is finally in sight! Pushkii I know I said congrats already but I really am so delighted for you :D Its lovely for you as well that only immediate family know, you can relax and just enjoy your beautiful little girl without any unwanted visitors. Your little babs is so lucky to have such a lovely family! How is the breastfeeding going, are you finding it ok?
    theg81der wrote: »
    October when I went in they said I had gone back to 1cm and they had to give gel twice then to start me so don`t expect it to be written in stone. Induction is very hard, I used heat pads, tens machine, petedine, meditation, gas and air and an epidural and it was still hard. Take everything thats on offer and listen to your midwives! If u have the option of not being induced take it aswell - I had no choice baby was in danger.

Thanks for that theg81der. Yeah she said to me the other day that I won't need the gel and they can go straight ahead and break my waters, but I'll definitely take your advice on that one and not go in expecting it to be that straightforward. I know, I'm getting nervous now as I know induction isn't easy but I'll definitely take whatever is going and get the epidural as soon as I can. How long was there between when your induction started and when baby was born?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

First gel 11 o`clock Friday morning and baby 12.13 Saturday afternoon.

its a constant ache, i feel like i would maybe a day or two before my period

fingers crossed for u betsie x x
    should i be expecting a sweep or anything tomorrow??

i would go prepared for one anyway gee g you never know really x don't wear light colours and bring a pad with you too x

• Advertisement

fingers crossed for you here too betsie x gee g you could indeed be favourable tomorrow :-D have you someone going in with you?

Its great to hear that my dull crampy like period pains may not be in vain :).

Ye my sister is coming in with me, she is driving as i'm that bloody uncomfortable i can't really drive that far :-) hope u are feeling good and enjoying lots of cuddles with baby pushkii x x hope u get some sleep tonight. I wonder will they let u home tomorrow? Or are u happy enough where u are for now? X

Im here watching from here to maternity crying my eyes out, i just want to meet my little baby

Aw betsie you will meet her soon and she'll be well worth the wait, im so looking forward to hear baby betsie has arrived x
    ya gee g ye might be making a u turn around to the hospital if you do get a sweep and it works quickly !!:O
    rose sounds like things are happening for you too x
    i really hope i get some sort of sleep at all tonight, baby pushki has been asleep since 5 and i just couldn't sleep :-(

Aw thanks pushki, i know she will be worth it in the end x

i hope you get some sleep pushki you must be exhausted x

October i hope you get plenty of sleep tonight too and i really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow x x

i was watching it betsie but if i cried it was from pure fear... That poor girl going through everything and ending up with a section after it all! I'd rather just go straight for a section please :-D

I just can't watch from here to maternity, its too emotional for me.
    Hope you get some sleep pushki.

I just can't watch from here to maternity, its too emotional for me.
    Hope you get some sleep pushki.

• Advertisement

yeah it was a wait scary alright, what was with the other ones partner, i couldn't handle him at all

Advertisement