Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

alastair wrote: »
    It is when you can't formulate your words

Pot, kettle...again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

But then you're trying to deny the Ra are thieving, murdering scumbags. I can't say much of your line makes sense.

I've voiced no opinion on them either.

Your more than welcome to prove me wrong on that one too btw.

You blueshirts just keep digging holes for yourselves tonight.

Oh, I do hope Dxhound makes an appearance before I go to bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Is that your final analysis?

Watch out or the CGT will get you, cheeky.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Don't think even Gerry Adams would try deny that one

I believe he did deny it.

Ghandee wrote: »
    I've voiced no opinion on them either.

Your more than welcome to prove me wrong on that one too btw.

You blueshirts just keep digging holes for yourselves tonight.

Oh, I do hope Dxhound makes an appearance before I go to bed....

Aw diddums! Caught out in your own twisted rationalisation. I'm simply following the logic of your position. Those people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - right?

• Advertisement

But your stance in relation to convictions as providing the only source of evidence in a question of responsibility would make very clear your position on Seanie. You don't need to say another word!

WTF are you talking about?

I've never, not once, on this thread, nor any other thread voiced an opinion on 'Seanie' your making an eejit of yourself now Alastair, seriously, your trying to imply that I have an opinion about a man that I do not.

Stop it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It is when you can't formulate your words - that would be 'consult for', not 'consult with'.

:o

Your sarcasms suck almost as much as your arguments.

How many straws do you have left, Billy? Did the man take them all on you?

Your sarcasms suck almost as much as your arguments.

My sarcasms? All of them?

people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - right?

Wrong!

We all know the current Regime (which you support) are guilty of treason and usurping democracy even though their courts protect them.

Are you simple or wha?

WTF are you talking about?

I've never, not once, on this thread, nor any other thread voiced an opinion on 'Seanie' your making an eejit of yourself now Alastair, seriously, your trying to imply that I have an opinion about a man that I do not.

Stop it now.

Just following the logic of your position - I wouldn't want to accuse you of hypocrisy now, would I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Watch out or the CGT will get you, cheeky.

Who are they, the equity police?

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Wrong!

We all know the current Regime (which you support) are guilty of treason and usurping democracy even though their courts protect them.

Are you simple or wha?

In a few ways.

No - please. Don't answer that.

Simple...obviously :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to accuse you of hypocrisy now, would I?

On the "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Look just shut up and pay the charge will ya's

Or don't

Just following the logic of your position - I wouldn't want to accuse you of hypocrisy now, would I?

I'm asking you in a civilized manner to please stop trying to imply that I have an opinion on a person, which I honest to God, couldnt care less about.

Your trying to put words in my mouth, and align me with some fantasy you must be having in your own head.

Let this be the end of it now.

I'll repeat, go through my post history on this thread, or any other thread for that matter, and produce me one tiny shred of evidence where I have voiced an opinion on 'Seanie'.

When you come back from that search, let that be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

It annoys me that people are complaining about this charge. The gov was voted in by a huge majority.

On a phone and also don't want to get banned so will leave it at that.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Look just shut up and pay the charge will ya's

Or don't

Dunno.

I'm getting a second wind as the anti-IRA sentiment reveals the Blueshirt/Fascist streak behind the "yes" folk here.

Might go another few rounds if there are any fascists left standing :cool:

will leave it at that.

Blessed relief! There are enough loo-la's on the pro-tax/Fascist side here already :rolleyes:

I'm asking you in a civilized manner to please stop trying to imply that I have an opinion on a person, which I honest to God, couldnt care less about.

Your trying to put words in my mouth, and align me with some fantasy you must be having in your own head.

Let this be the end of it now.

I'll repeat, go through my post history on this thread, or any other thread for that matter, and produce me one tiny shred of evidence where I have voiced an opinion on 'Seanie'.

When you come back from that search, let that be the end of it.

Once again:

I'm simply following the logic of your position. Those people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - right?

• Advertisement

Once again:

I'm simply following the logic of your position. Those people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - right?

Let me break this down for you, in laymans terms if you please.

An allegation was made, that Sinn Fein (not the IRA, nor anyone else) robbed the Northern bank.

I asked for a link, just something to back up an allegation.

I passed no judgement either way, (point out otherwise if you will)

To this moment in time, no such link has been produced, thus far proving any political party (or any group of people) did, or did not take part in it.

From me asking for a link to prove the validity of a claim, to prove or to disprove something (remember, I only asked for proof, I passed no judgement either way) you have basically suggested that I have, in my own mind, made some sort of assumption on 'Seanie'

Tbh, I'm not even 100% sure (I'm 95% sure, not 100%) that your referring to a Mr Fitzpatrick, who I have made no remarks on, either on this thread, any other thread, with my friends, family, colleagues etc.

But hey Alistair, lets not let truth and facts get in the way of a good argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Just watched Midweek and the person representing the Yes vote(and I apologise as I can't remember his name) has just agreed that it is not possible to bring all who don't pay to court...

Let me break this down for you, in laymans terms if you please.

An allegation was made, that Sinn Fein (not the IRA, nor anyone else) robbed the Northern bank.

I asked for a link, just something to back up an allegation.

I passed no judgement either way, (point out otherwise if you will)

To this moment in time, no such link has been produced, thus far proving any political party (or any group of people) did, or did not take part in it.

From me asking for a link to prove the validity of a claim, to prove or to disprove something (remember, I only asked for proof, I passed no judgement either way) you have basically suggested that I have, in my own mind, made some sort of assumption on 'Seanie'

Tbh, I'm not even 100% sure (I'm 95% sure, not 100%) that your referring to a Mr Fitzpatrick, who I have made no remarks on, either on this thread, any other thread, with my friends, family, colleagues etc.

But hey Alistair, lets not let truth and facts get in the way of a good argument.

I'm simply following the logic of your position. Those people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - that's what you said - right? Regardless of what the investigating force say to the contrary (them being 'biased' and all - just like the media that carried their statement) Is that not your position? Yes or No?

jluv wrote: »
    Just watched Midweek and the person representing the Yes vote(and I apologise as I can't remember his name) has just agreed that it is not possible to bring all who don't pay to court...

How can they know how many won't pay, let alone how many are prepared to go to court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Biggins wrote: »
    I wonder how there are going to get around the EU directive 95 46 EC:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?m=&fn=/documents/legal/6aii-1c.htm#4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Directive#Legitimate_purpose

Push their luck and hope no one challenges them on it?
    Wouldn't be the first time for an Irish government!
    I wonder how there are going to get around the EU directive 95 46 EC:

That very question was put to Jackie Mcguire

She replied she wasn,t familair with that directive, but went onto say the protocols in place are there to make sure they are in full compliance, how can they be sure they are in full compliance when shes not familair with the EU directive 95 46 EC.

I'm simply following the logic of your position. Those people can't be attributed with responsibility until they've been convicted in a court of law - that's what you said - right? Regardless of what the investigating force say to the contrary (them being 'biased' and all - just like the media that carried their statement) Is that not your position? Yes or No?

Same shiite, repeated over and over again.

Baseless allegations and unfounded accusations.

All of a sudden you don't look quite so clever, when presented with a valid argument, you cannot (perhaps will not) defend yourself.

Element of troll in you, if the truth be known.

Element of troll in you truth be known.

Looking like it.

Am Chile wrote: »
    That very question was put to Jackie Mcguire

She replied she wasn,t familair with that directive, but went onto say the protocols in place are there to make sure they are in full compliance, how can they be sure they are in full compliance when shes not familair with the EU directive 95 46 EC.

Maybe Billy Hawkes told her? It's not really her brief now, is it?

Same shiite, repeated over and over again.

Baseless allegations and unfounded accusations.

All of a sudden you don't look quite so clever, when presented with a valid argument, you cannot (perhaps will not) defend yourself.

Element of troll in you, if the truth be known.

I'm not really impressed with your evasion and inability to answer a yes or no question - but thanks for the bluster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

How can they know how many won't pay, let alone how many are prepared to go to court?[/QUOTE
    They don't/can't know how many.But he was asked the question as to how all those who don't pay can be brought to court and his answer was obviously all these people can't be brought to court..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement