Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Shenshen wrote: »
    It's €100, that's another €8.33 a month.

Get a grip. Seriously.
    FYP.
    Thats another little nick in the death by 1000 cuts . This is on top of my take home pay being down 40%, fuel having almost doubled in a few years, bin charges rising, ESB costs rising, TV licence rising, road tax rising, health care rising etc etc etc.
    And News Flash...Its gonna go up next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

No Donal what I am saying is that even if someone wanted to sell, they would not be able to do so if they are in negative equity, which would probably be in the order of tens of thousands of euro. So, with no chance of them selling the house in the next decade, why should they care if there is a charge registered?

If they did go to sell in twenty years and this fiasco hasn't been resolved, then they can look at getting it removed, or knock their price down to cover the charge and the costs of getting it removed.

Thats all good and well but what if I do have to sell it in the next few years am I going to pay to have a charge removed costing me god knows how much or am I going to pay €100 now?

I am not in negative equity so none of that applies to me at all thankfully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

seamus wrote: »
    This wouldn't be the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow now would it? The show whose listenership generally aren't old enough to have jobs, never mind homes?

I'm convinced. I heard that 95% of Jeremy Kyle viewers also support the death penalty for paedophiles. I guess we should accept that as the democractic will of the majority?

How condescending :rolleyes:

But then you expect us to accept the current Regime as "the democractic will of the majority" !

Compared to that fiction Kennedy's taxi-drivers are fairly rooted in reality.

Wild Bill wrote: »
    How condescending :rolleyes:

But then you expect us to accept the current Regime as "the democractic will of the majority" !

Compared to that fiction Kennedy's taxi-drivers are fairly rooted in reality.

How hypocritical :D

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Has a home owner with mortgage 300k and a house value 200k, got wealth Yes or No

Anyone know if Weird Al has cleared this matter up yet? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    How hypocritical :D

:confused:

You've lost me...and that's a first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Don't know when I ever claimed that?

Here you go: "this tax is needed as part of putting our finances on a stable footing and becoming self reliant as a country"

:confused:

You've lost me...and that's a first!

I dont think you are in any position to call anyone condescending now in all fairness, based on the posts from you yesterday about how you are educating everyone blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Its not looking like it Bill.

I dont think you are in any position to call anyone condescending

Can't think of anyone better positioned ;)
    based on the posts from you yesterday about how you are educating everyone blah blah blah

Free education is not to be sniffed at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have any evidence that last February's election was undemocratic or otherwise flawed, then by all means present it.

Can't think of anyone better positioned ;)

Free education is not to be sniffed at.

Brilliant:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Alastair, last spotted walking away, sullen looked with tail between his legs?

He's been posting on other threads today, stayed clear of this one since being put firmly in his place, and actually revealing that he aint as 'smart' as he make's out he is.:rolleyes:

(Hope everything above has been spelt correctly?):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

smash wrote: »
    Here you go: "this tax is needed as part of putting our finances on a stable footing and becoming self reliant as a country"

What's that to do with Local Authorities?

Wouldnt be putting much stock in any of these polls to be honest, they work the same way as a review system, for example if you receive a service and are unhappy with it you are more likely to go online or on the phone to give out about it, whereas if you received the same service and are happy with it you wouldnt do anything afterwards.

Only those that are unhappy go to the trouble of complaining really, those that are happy or arent bothered tend not to do anything.

The no side are intent on banging on about this as much as possible in the hope it will be scrapped therefore meaning they dont have to pay and dont need to worry about the consequences of not paying. Thats the only reason this campaign is still ongoing, it was started by the loony independents in an effort to win some support and is now being taken on by those that dont want to pay but dont want to be the only ones not to pay.

What category do I fall under then Donal?
    I'm exempt from this payment, but am still campaigning against this stupid, unfair, and unjust double taxation system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

smash wrote: »

Well then it should be renamed a ''sound financial country charge''.

But knowing our lot then it would probaly take three years and 2 billion to change the name.

Y
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Wouldnt be putting much stock in any of these polls to be honest, they work the same way as a review system, for example if you receive a service and are unhappy with it you are more likely to go online or on the phone to give out about it, whereas if you received the same service and are happy with it you wouldnt do anything afterwards.

Only those that are unhappy go to the trouble of complaining really, those that are happy or arent bothered tend not to do anything.

The no side are intent on banging on about this as much as possible in the hope it will be scrapped therefore meaning they dont have to pay and dont need to worry about the consequences of not paying. Thats the only reason this campaign is still ongoing, it was started by the loony independents in an effort to win some support and is now being taken on by those that dont want to pay but dont want to be the only ones not to pay.

I'm exempt from this payment, but am still campaigning against this stupid, unfair, and unjust double taxation system?

Professional anarchist category maybe or simply the one of people with nothing better to do. Or simply the opposition party supporters category

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The sexist shinners?

The sexist shinners?

Resorted to name calling now Francie lad?

Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

i am so pi$$ed off with people complaining about everything being unfair.

FFS wake up.:eek:

I was in cork saturday in college two weeks ago and on my lunch saw these anti property tax people giving out about how its so unequal. Felt like knocking one of them out.:mad:

I am spending most of my weekends, 9.30am to 5.30pm in college Sat/Sun. I work 40hr+ in work. I earn significantly less money than the industrial average wage in ireland, but i will hopefully in a few years time earn significantly more than the average wage.

so tell me this, will it be unfair that i would be paying the same property tax as someone on the minimum wage etc. I dont think so. Sometimes I wish people would get off their holes and better their situation rather than giving out for how unfair everything. is it fair that someone might spend most of their time working and furthering education only to pay a higher rate of tax compared to someone who turns up to a 9-5 job and has loads of free time.

Nobody is right in the what they choose but they cant come along complaining.

also Sinn Fein are idiots. they are doing the same thing in the north in relation to taxes and give out about it in the south.

Finally I am not pro government. I want FF to stay in power because I think M.Martin would be a great leader.

PS. Sorry for spelling as on a bit of a rant:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

Thats all good and well but what if I do have to sell it in the next few years am I going to pay to have a charge removed costing me god knows how much or am I going to pay €100 now?

How much value would you lose on your property if you have to sell in the next few years with a lifetime annual tax attached to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

And what are you doing? Complaining about those who complain?

Thats complaining too you know, so by your own rules you cant do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was in cork saturday in college two weeks ago and on my lunch saw these anti property tax people giving out about how its so unequal. Felt like knocking one of them out.:mad:

I am spending most of my weekends, 9.30am to 5.30pm in college Sat/Sun. I work 40hr+ in work. I earn significantly less money than the industrial average wage in ireland, but i will hopefully in a few years time earn significantly more than the average wage.

so tell me this, will it be unfair that i would be paying the same property tax as someone on the minimum wage etc. I dont think so. Sometimes I wish people would get off their holes and better their situation rather than giving out for how unfair everything. is it fair that someone might spend most of their time working and furthering education only to pay a higher rate of tax compared to someone who turns up to a 9-5 job and has loads of free time.

also Sinn Fein are idiots. they are doing the same thing in the north in relation to taxes and give out about it in the south.

Finally I am not pro government. I want FF to stay in power because I think M.Martin would be a great leader.

I am not a member or associated with any party. However on the day you post this it is ironic that the party you laud and want Mr Martin to continue leading has cost this state anything up to 300 million in Tribunal costs.
    And you call members of another party idiots !!!

How much value would you lose on your property if you have to sell in the next few years with a lifetime annual tax attached to it?

How long is a rope and how much would my house be worth in a few years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hrpuffinstuff

I have no intention of paying the charge as its just another fancy name for a tax that they are sticking us with. We dont earn their wages or pensions and yet they are going to pay the same amount, hello where the hell is the sense in it all. They f..d up the country, half the young people and families are leavin and the ones that cant or dont want to have to carry the can now for mistakes made by a collection of bananas in pyjamas heads in the Dail that say one thing today and contradict themselves tomorrow.
    Wake up everybody for god sake and take a stand, this is a democratic country where we have the right to speak up and out on our beliefs.
    Today should be enough for us all to hear with the Mahon Tribunal stories and costing 97million, wonder who will pay for that little bill then, us if we dont say NO now and stop letting them bully us into paying crazy money year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I think I read something, somewhere about that leaflet meant to be returned to someplace....

Does this jog your memory?
    The_Thing wrote: »
    Anyone who gets a leaflet should wipe their arse with it and send it back to Phil Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Man the fvck up. If you want to pay these loonies to sit around and scratch their asses then so be it. Complaining about people protesting while your morals have hit the floor? Hope it's ten grand a year for this charge when you grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I bet it was that grey haired oul biddy, cheek of her, going around protesting and smelling of piss.
    so tell me this, will it be unfair that i would be paying the same property tax as someone on the minimum wage etc. I dont think so. Sometimes I wish people would get off their holes and better their situation rather than giving out for how unfair everything. is it fair that someone might spend most of their time working and furthering education only to pay a higher rate of tax compared to someone who turns up to a 9-5 job and has loads of free time

How do you think we became liable for this f*cking tax then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

You can afford lunch? :eek:

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    If you have any evidence that last February's election was undemocratic or otherwise flawed, then by all means present it.

Have already done so several times here; as have others.

Read the thread - I'm leaving the endless repetition to the pro-Regime apologists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement