Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alastair wrote: »
    But then you're trying to deny the Ra are thieving, murdering scumbags.

No different to the British army then. Mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alastair wrote: »
    I'm not really impressed with your evasion and inability to answer a yes or no question - but thanks for the bluster.

That's impressive coming from you. You've ducked and dived from the majority of questions posed to you here. Kinda like the Government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I find it completely stupid that for those that do want to pay it, can't do so in their post office (who have the forms!) - yet they can post their payment there!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

donalg1 wrote: »
    Mick Wallace just phoned me and asked me to join the anti side said he would pay me a fortune to post on here all day about the pitfalls of registering.

Told him to fcuk off

Very original Donal well done

Text Poll on FM104 last night asking if you have or intend to register or have not and do not intend on registering

13% said yes
    87% said no

With many callers saying they are not paying at all no matter what

You are loosing pro guys, someone else rang in saying he has paid and was asked would you not seem like a fool when its abolished, I laughed when he asked will he get his money back and was told no haha

You pay up and you deserve to loose every single cent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr CJ wrote: »
    Text Poll on FM104 last night asking if you have or intend to register or have not and do not intend on registering

13% said yes
    87% said no

You are loosing pro guys, someone else rang in saying he has paid and was asked would you not seem like a fool when its abolished, I laughed when he asked will he get his money back and was told no haha

FM104 poll? It's not like any of the listeners of that show will to pay anyway since they are all on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This wouldn't be the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow now would it? The show whose listenership generally aren't old enough to have jobs, never mind homes?

I'm convinced. I heard that 95% of Jeremy Kyle viewers also support the death penalty for paedophiles. I guess we should accept that as the democractic will of the majority?

FM104 poll? It's not like any of the listeners of that show will to pay anyway since they are all on the dole.

Stop talking through your hole, am I on the dole?? no like thousands who do listen to it hence some of the fools who will pay it according to the show last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Very original Donal well done

Good lad, read the post that was in response to there CJ. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

13% said yes
    87% said no

Similar results on the Ray D'Arcy show yesterday monrning

15% Yes
    85% No

This from around 6500 text votes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Stop talking through your hole, am I on the dole?? no like thousands how do listen to it hence some of the fools who will pay it according to the show last night

You sound like an FM104 listener all right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

like thousands how do listen to it hence some of the fools who will pay it according to the show last night
    No matter how i try i cannot make any sense out of this line:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Shenshen wrote: »
    It's €100, that's around €8.33 a month.

I'm finding it absolutely baffling how people can get worked up over this, yet will happily spend as much on a single drink on a night out....

Get a grip. Seriously.

It's not the money. It's an unfair charge on people who worked hard and managed to buy a house of their own. Everybody should pay, not just property owners but also people living in council houses.

13% said yes
    87% said no

Wouldnt be putting much stock in any of these polls to be honest, they work the same way as a review system, for example if you receive a service and are unhappy with it you are more likely to go online or on the phone to give out about it, whereas if you received the same service and are happy with it you wouldnt do anything afterwards.

Only those that are unhappy go to the trouble of complaining really, those that are happy or arent bothered tend not to do anything.

The no side are intent on banging on about this as much as possible in the hope it will be scrapped therefore meaning they dont have to pay and dont need to worry about the consequences of not paying. Thats the only reason this campaign is still ongoing, it was started by the loony independents in an effort to win some support and is now being taken on by those that dont want to pay but dont want to be the only ones not to pay.

No matter how i try i cannot make any sense out of this line:confused:

There was a typo (changed now) and I was trying to point out that its not just people on the dole that listen to it because I dont think anyone on the dole would like this charge coming in hence the 13% that said yes

Good lad, read the post that was in response to there CJ. :rolleyes:

?? Thats why I said very original...

?? Thats why I said very original...

Oh so you cant see that it was a tongue in cheek comment in response to the previous post then?

Similar results on the Ray D'Arcy show yesterday monrning

15% Yes
    85% No

This from around 6500 text votes

It does not matter, im sure the pro guys will come up with another excuse as to how this came about, if they got ran down by a unicorn tomorrow they would still argue it doesnt exist. When will they wake up and realise no one wants this in because its such a ridiculous stupid charge.

What pisses me off even more Hogan the low life scum is using the law as a weapon against the people, pity there not fast changing some of the outdated laws thats more important than this cr*p

It does not matter, im sure the pro guys will come up with another excuse as to how this came about, if they got ran down by a unicorn tomorrow they would still argue it doesnt exist. When will they wake up and realise no one wants this in because its such a ridiculous stupid charge.

What pisses me off even more Hogan the low life scum is using the law as a weapon against the people, pity there not fast changing some of the outdated laws thats more important than this cr*p

Wow someone is using the law to enforce legislation, the f****r how dare they.

No one wants this charge whether they are the people that are going to pay or not going to pay, why would anyone want to pay €100? Difference is the ones that are going to pay are doing so because its the law and they dont want to be fined for not paying, doesnt mean they want to pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Difference is the ones that are going to pay are doing so because its the law and they dont want to be fined for not paying, doesnt mean they want to pay it.

A maximum of €30 fine isn't very scary. Why would people be afraid of it? I know I'm not.

• Advertisement

It does not matter, im sure the pro guys will come up with another excuse as to how this came about, if they got ran down by a unicorn tomorrow they would still argue it doesnt exist.

You believe in unicorns?
    When will they wake up and realise no one wants this in because its such a ridiculous stupid charge.

Fraid you're the one who will need to wake up.
    Nobody's happy paying extra tax, but many believe that this tax is needed as part of putting our finances on a stable footing and becoming self reliant as a country.
    I'm predicting a greater than 50% compliance rate by the deadline, with a lot of the 'wait and see' crowd trickling in over the following 6 months, while the penalties for late payment are still quite low.
    Then it's here to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Nobody's happy paying extra tax, but many believe that this tax is needed as part of putting our finances on a stable footing and becoming self reliant as a country.

Isn't it going to local authorities though? Nothing to do with getting the economy back on track! :rolleyes:

smash wrote: »
    A maximum of €30 fine isn't very scary. Why would people be afraid of it? I know I'm not.

its the charge on the property that concerns me more so than the fine, plus why would I pay €130 when I could pay €100 seems like a waste of €30 to me

smash wrote: »
    Isn't it going to local authorities though? Nothing to do with getting the economy back on track! :rolleyes:

Don't know when I ever claimed that?

Doesn't really matter anyway, LA's are funded by the central exchequer, which has to borrow the money to fund them, whether the money is ring fenced by the LA to make the charge more palatable for people to swallow or goes into the central pot is entirely academic from an overall perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

its the charge on the property that concerns me more so than the fine, plus why would I pay €130 when I could pay €100 seems like a waste of €30 to me

Hold on to your money Donal and you will not have to pay anything.
    This thing is as dead as the Dodo. People power will win out.

Hold on to your money Donal and you will not have to pay anything.
    This thing is as dead as the Dodo. People power will win out.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no chance of this happening IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

Don't have one but he said he'd send one over as a sweetener if I agree. Nearly swayed me but I held out don't think I could wear pink

I think yellow would suit you better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why the hell would you care about that if you're in negative equity like half the country. You can't sell the property anyway, who gives a flying fu<k at a rolling doughnut if there's a 'charge' for a whopping 130 quid on the house if you're 100 grand or more in negative equity?

Why the hell would you care about that if you're in negative equity like half the country. You can't sell the property anyway, who gives a flying fu<k at a rolling doughnut if there's a 'charge' for a whopping 130 quid on the house if you're 100 grand or more in negative equity?

Where did I say I was in negative equity or where did I say I want to sell my house?

Negative equity only comes into it when you want to sell the property so by saying you are concerned about negative means you must be trying to sell it, so if you are trying to sell it and face losing money on the sale why in the name of God would you want to have a charge registered against your property that will cost you to get it removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No Donal what I am saying is that even if someone wanted to sell, they would not be able to do so if they are in negative equity, which would probably be in the order of tens of thousands of euro. So, with no chance of them selling the house in the next decade, why should they care if there is a charge registered?

If they did go to sell in twenty years and this fiasco hasn't been resolved, then they can look at getting it removed, or knock their price down to cover the charge and the costs of getting it removed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement