Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Great news Anne - glad you are good to go. Best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Kit3 its great that you got the goahead. How was the run for you the other day and what did Physio say when you went back to him after the run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Hi Anne, a few of the novices are heading up for a very easy 8 miles on Saturday morning in the park...if you'd like to join us?

Younganne wrote: »
    Kit3 its great that you got the goahead. How was the run for you the other day and what did Physio say when you went back to him after the run?

Hiya, Run went fine - he reckoned that the niggle was probably a deep cramp and assured me that I wouldn't be causing damage so was happy to run through it. It niggled for a while from about 4 miles to 7/8 until the nurofen kicked in and again for a while at 14 miles but managed to run it out again. Did 18 miles which was great for the head more than anything. He had asked me to come in after that to make sure that everything was still alligned properly. He found no problems and told me the worst thing that could happen would be that I would aggravate it during the marathon but would not cause any damage that would set me back. I have to drop in again on Monday and next Friday to make sure all is ok for the day itself (all the dropping in is free of charge by the way so a great service). Really looking forward to the day now ! Have you been out yet today ?

rasher_m wrote: »
    Hi Anne, a few of the novices are heading up for a very easy 8 miles on Saturday morning in the park...if you'd like to join us?

Thanks Rasher, but i won't make a run in Dublin this weekend, full week in work and have to head up on Sunday so think the car might object for 7 days in a row(i know the diesel wallet definitely would) Thanks for asking, you will all get to put name and faces together!!

• Advertisement

kit3 wrote: »
    Hiya, Run went fine - he reckoned that the niggle was probably a deep cramp and assured me that I wouldn't be causing damage so was happy to run through it. It niggled for a while from about 4 miles to 7/8 until the nurofen kicked in and again for a while at 14 miles but managed to run it out again. Did 18 miles which was great for the head more than anything. He had asked me to come in after that to make sure that everything was still alligned properly. He found no problems and told me the worst thing that could happen would be that I would aggravate it during the marathon but would not cause any damage that would set me back. I have to drop in again on Monday and next Friday to make sure all is ok for the day itself (all the dropping in is free of charge by the way so a great service). Really looking forward to the day now ! Have you been out yet today ?

That certainly is great service Kit, delighted its all ok for you, plenty of recovery & strengthening exercise after Dublin to get sorted, like i will have to do, before I start London training!!
    Sounds like you have a great Physio!!

Yes - first time with him and really struck it lucky. How did your run go yesterday ? C

Test Run - Week 17, Run 1 18th October

Well i didn't manage to get to do the test run until 9.45 last night and so it was on the Threadmill, which i was kinda glad of in case things got difficult, but i was very hopefull.
    I started off very slowly and gradully built up the pace a bit. My legs were sore everywhere but i just ignored them, i was more concerned with the muscles...anyway i could feel the muscle from where i had the dryneedling but it wasn't like before the treatment, it was the bruising i could feel...must take more arnica!!!
    so first mile was slow and second mile i upped the pace a bit, but by the end of the 2n mile i had to slow it down again and by 2.5 m i was ready to give up as it was just not comfortable but decide to get to 3miles to have had a bit of a proper run.

Onec i got to 3m, it was like the body siad now im warmed up, lets go!!!:D
    It was much more comfortable, legs were fine and i upped the pace to 6.2 with 1% incline so equivalent to 9.34 pace and i finished out the run at this and i would have loved to keep going but 1hr was up and the threadmill switched off.!!! It was 10.45 and i need my beauty sleep so stretched out and got sorted!!!
    Total 5.6m, so very happy with that!!
    I'll head out on the road today to see how i'm fixed on the harder surfaces, but hopefully it will be fine!!!

Totals:D
    WTD
    : 5.6m
    MTD: 68.81m
    YTD: 948.49m

Week 17, Run 2 - 19th October

Another test run of sorts and its all good:D

Decided to try and do the session that Ecolis had posted for this week and the plan was at 2miles if all was ok then i'd do the 2m @ MP with 4mins rec and 2 @ MP again if all going ok followed by 2m cooldown.
    Well all was grand and if anything i had to try and keep pulling back to MP as it kept creeping up towards HMP and i know if this happens in 10days, i could end up in trouble:eek:

2m warm up - 9.37/158, 9.30/162
    2m @ MP - 8.49/167, 8.52/173,
    4mins recovery - .35m walked a bit of this while changing display on garmin!!
    2m @ MP - 8.52/165, 8.50/170
    2.19m m cool down - 9.20/162, 9.25/161, (.19)9.15/165 (these two mile were lovely and comfortable and i'd love to be able to run the whole marathon at this pace!!!!:o

I think my HR seems a bit high even for the warm up and cool down and the only thing that could be causing this is I have slight sinusitis/migraine symptons that i'm trying to banish before 29th!!!

So Happy Bunny sitting here now:D
    Overall 8.54m @9.16/163

Plan for the rest of the week
    4m easy tomorrow
    14m easy Sunday!!

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 14.14m
    MTD: 77.35m
    YTD: 957.03m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Great news!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Excellent, you must be sooo relieved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Phew! that must be some relief!
    10 days and counting.

:D:D

Week 17, Run 3 - 20th October
    Threadmill run at 9pm last night, not ideal but my twin nieces 3rd Birthday party took over most of the day and it was this or nothing.... i really enjoyed this run and i was delighted i did it.....
    Total 4.21m @avg 10.00, not really recovery but slowish!!!

Week 17, Run 4 - 21st October
    LizzyC made the big trip to Navan and i met her there at 9am and off we went, we were so busy chatting that we weren't really keeping an eye on the pace but we knew the avg was near enough to 10mins per mile. A beautiful sunny, but cold morning and perfect running weather....
    I felt comfortable most of the way except for about 1 mile where my hip, the front, not the back, was a bit nigglely but was gone then again.....
    I really enjoyed this run and Lizzy has to interrupt me mid flow of my yap:o to tell me when we had reached the 14 m mark, well actually 14.12m... so we were very disciplined & good and walked the .89m back to the cars!!!!
    500ml of water, no gels or anything..so hopefully this will help on the big day!!!!

1 WEEK TO GO!!!!:eek:
    14.12 m @ 10.01/159

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 32.47m
    MTD: 95.76m
    YTD: 975.44m

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Just noticed you'll go through the 1000 mile mark in the marathon (assuming you are taking things handy this week). Perfect timing!

Just noticed you'll go through the 1000 mile mark in the marathon (assuming you are taking things handy this week). Perfect timing!

ye, lovely timing!!!! This weeks plan will determine if its early in the marathon and feeling fresh or further in and maybe less comfortable....we'll see!!!:D

1hr of Pilates last night and a final rub down from physio and i'm good to go!!!:D

I had a tiny bit of dry needling in both calves to alleviate pains in my feet!!! :eek: Its just amazing how muscles can affect different parts of the body. The gluteus medius is recovered and so hopefully there'll be no more problems for at least a week anyway:rolleyes:

Plan for the Week

| Mon | Tue | Wed | Thur | Fri | Sat | Sun | Mon|
    |Rest | 3m easy| 3m easy | Session| 2m easy |Rest | 20min recovery| 26.5 ish :D|

Session: 1 mile warm up, 2 miles MP 3 min rec 6*80m strides, 2 miles easy

Plan is to try and get some quality sleep, proper food, less rubbish:o and enjoy sending the family cuckoo!!!!:rolleyes:

Dreamt the other night that all my teeth turned green and fell out:eek: and i have been informed that this is due to anxiety :eek:.... me anxious, i'm as laid back as can be!!! (this sub 4 quest is obviously affecting me more than i realise it)

deep breaths, in and out, in and out.....you are floating away on a cloud....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Monday'll be here in no time, and you're pure ready for it! Best of luck!

Week 18, Run 1 - 23rd October

3.06m on the threadmill this evening...

1st mile, speed 6.2m @ 1% => 9.34 pace
    2nd mile speed 6.5m @ 1% => 9.09 MP
    3rd mile speed 6.2m @ 1% => 9.34

really enjoyed this run, and had to hold firms and not run any faster...
    lucky too i was out of time or else..... but no i would never run further than i am meant to.....honestly!!!;)

kids had Kung Fu so off i went with 2 of my Pandas!!!

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 3.06m
    MTD: 98.82m
    YTD: 978.50m

Week 18, Run 2 - 24th October

3.12m today...

9.38/159, 8.54/163, 9.20/160 (.12) 9.56/169
    Accodring to my Garmin my best pace in mile 2 was @ a pace of 1.45 for part of this....ha ha ha!!!

I had to keep checking pace as legs were lovel and fresh and the pace kept sneaking in the wrong direction!!!

Overall 3.12m in 29.01min @ avg 9.19/160

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD: 6.18m
    MTD: 101.94m
    YTD: 981.62m

• Advertisement

Week 18, Run 3 - 25th October

Plan was 1m wu, 2 @ MP, 3min rec, 6 x 80m strides, 2m CD

the warm up was fine, moved into MP and the battle began, too fast, slowed down, too slow, etc etc, by 1.5 mile into this run the sweat was pouring off me, its extremely mild out....
    I enjoyed the 2m MP, when i wasn't busy checking watch:o...the only reason I'm not worried about this for Monday is that (hopefully) everyone around me will be running same pace so i should be able to keep it fairly even.

the strides, i thought after i had done the first 3 that they might be nearer 50m, so the second 3 were a little longer...i'm a desperate judge of distance,so who knows...:o(i cant convert either):o:o
    1m @ 9.28/154,
    2m @ MP 9.02/167, 9.03/162, 3mins recovery,
    Strides i jogged the same distance back as recovery..
    332ft @ 7.01/ 168 = 26.46 sec,
    298ft @ 7.21/165 = 24.84 sec,
    328ft @ 6.42/166 = 25.01 sec
    481ft @ 6.55/168 = 37.75 sec,
    487ft @ 6.50/169 = 37.87 sec,
    482ft @ 7.03/173 = 38.59 sec
    (80m anyone??) (oops 80 meter = 262.467feet)

1m @ 9.42/156, 1m @ 9.44/160

Overall 6.25m @ 9.27/160

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 12.43m
    MTD: 108.19m
    YTD: 987.87m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

You've put in great work Anne, hope you have a great day Monday, and enjoy celebrating that sub4 :)

Taper madness has rubbed off on the OH,

he had a dream last night that i was coming in towards the finish and i waved and smilled at him and the kids, but when he looked i had no teeth:eek::eek:(they all fell out on me in my dream last week, so it proves that he was listening to me and not just say to himself more madness!!)
    he woke himself laughing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck on Monday Anne, see you after!

jcsmum wrote: »
    Best of luck on Monday Anne, see you after!
    keep me a seat;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Just popping bye to wish you the best for Monday. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Delighted you'll be lining up on Monday morning Anne. Best wishes - enjoy riding the 4 hour bus and I shall see you in McGrattans for the most refreshing drink of the last 4 months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Best of luck on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

As long as you've got your teeth and they're not green you'll be grand!!!! Smash that sub 4.....you've done the work and you deserve it!!! I think the garden run you did a while back guaranteed it! ;):) I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Best of luck Anne. Great prep and mentoring over the last few months, so now it's to go out and enjoy it! And of course a sub 4 pb would be nice too!

Advertisement