Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Just catching up here! Hope you've booked an extra few days after the marathon to relax (and shop!)
    Is Bohermeen part of the plan next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

madon wrote: »
    Just catching up here! Hope you've booked an extra few days after the marathon to relax (and shop!)
    Is Bohermeen part of the plan next year?

Well missus, how are you getting on?? No shopping, i'm not a shopper, going Fri - Mon so might see about a show on Fri night, it'll be hobling the day after, no shopping for me, might saunter round the shops on Friday or Sat after Expo!!!

Saturday 24th November

Treadmill run as the roads were like ice and there was a freezing fog so visibility wasn't mgreat and safety comes first!! I was also feeling very tired so decided treadmil was the best option in case i needed to quit!

4.01 mile @6mph at .5% incline = 10.09 approx nice easy relaxed run nothing exciting except loved listening to Bon Jovi Crossroads...great music!!

Sunday 24th November

Another foggy frosty morning here in the North East. i woke up with a headache (and no alcohol last night to blame) so i took to the treadmill in case i needed to cut run short...thankfully didn't.

4m @ 6.3mph @ 1% incline = 9.26mph, now this felt like a proper workout, with sweat and all;) more Bon Jovi to keep me happy!!;)
    followed by 30 min core workout

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 21.70m
    MTD: 44.52m
    YTD: 1060.13m

Okay so this week didn't go to plan....:o

Today i got the first run of the week in, i have been back to feeling really tired,unable to get up in the morning or needing a nap during the day, :eek: and then I realised on Thursday that i missed my iron 2 days over the weekend and the tiredness hit me on Tuesday, with headaches which were probably part sinus because of a head cold..... yesterday i started to feel better and i was out last night for a lovely meal, few drinks and great company, thanks Neilc & Mrs neilc;), so felt that if i was well enough to go out drinking then i had no excuse not to get out for a run today...
    Hurt my back on Thur, and it was still a bit sore so i headed off for a 4m or 5m run, i wasn't too sure as i headed down the road, but once i got going the back was fine, but its cold outside ;) but the sun was shining!!
    The hat stayed on for the full run, the gloves came off for the last mile. I was feeling great upto about 4m and then i started to get a bit tired so slowed it down even more. I never looked at the watch so had no idea what the pace was but it was comfortable....
    turned out to be..
    9.34/159, 9.17/162, 9.13/165, 9.20/165, 9.40/175(.25)..oops

Total 5.25 @ 9.24/163

I'll head out again tomorrow, my plan says 8m so thats the aim!!:D

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 5.25m
    MTD: 5.25m
    YTD: 1065.38m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I love Bon Jovi! Saw them in concert a few years ago - the Goo Goo Dolls opened for them. What is the date of the London marathon? And have you decided on a training plan yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

Younganne wrote: »

Today i got the first run of the week in, i have been back to feeling really tired,unable to get up in the morning or needing a nap during the day, :eek: and then I realised on Thursday that i missed my iron 2 days over the weekend and the tiredness hit me on Tuesday, with headaches which were probably part sinus because of a head cold..... yesterday i started to feel better and i was out last night for a lovely meal, few drinks and great company, thanks Neilc & Mrs neilc;), so felt that if i was well enough to go out drinking then i had no excuse not to get out for a run today...
    Hurt my back on Thur, and it was still a bit sore so i headed off for a 4m or 5m run, i wasn't too sure as i headed down the road, but once i got going the back was fine, but its cold outside ;) but the sun was shining!!
    The hat stayed on for the full run, the gloves came off for the last mile. I was feeling great upto about 4m and then i started to get a bit tired so slowed it down even more. I never looked at the watch so had no idea what the pace was but it was comfortable....
    turned out to be..

Total 5.25 @ 9.24/163

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD: 5.25m

I know the feeling, I've been feeling the same the past few weeks. Hope to get back in the saddle next week too.
    At least you have London to set your heart on now, should keep you motivated for the next few months ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

We had a great time too, have to do it more often!
    Well done on getting out today, might chance a short one myself tomorrow, chest doesn't feel near as bad today :)

turned out to be..

Total 5.25 @ 9.24/163

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 5.25m

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Treadmill, tut tut you lightweight :p. Hope that back is ok

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I love Bon Jovi! Saw them in concert a few years ago - the Goo Goo Dolls opened for them. What is the date of the London marathon? And have you decided on a training plan yet?

Hi DD, I love Bon Jovi, i have seen then in concert 5 or maybe 6 times, the first time was in 1990!!:eek: There are playing Slane Castle in June 2013, which is practically by back garden ( well 6 miles away);) but the cost of the tickets would feed my family of 5 for 2 weeks so guess this recession isn't over yet!!!...maybe i could win a set somewhere

Anyway London is April 21 and i plan on following Ecolis guidance again same as for Dublin...he really helped me come on in leaps & bounds, so if its not broken....;)!!!

rasher_m wrote: »
    I know the feeling, I've been feeling the same the past few weeks. Hope to get back in the saddle next week too.
    At least you have London to set your heart on now, should keep you motivated for the next few months ;)

Hi A, if you are genuinely tired get the bloods checked, my ferritine and B12 were low from a blood test at the beginning of Oct so the week after the marathon, i guess my body couldn't cope with anymore and my levels were probably even lower than when tested....i'm getting back to feeling less tired, but missed my iron a couple of days last weekend and i was flagged again...so no harm getting tested!!!
    neilc wrote: »
    We had a great time too, have to do it more often!
    Well done on getting out today, might chance a short one myself tomorrow, chest doesn't feel near as bad today :)

Definitely again soon....my feet were freezing all throught the run. Hope the chest is on the mend!!
    Treadmill, tut tut you lightweight :p. Hope that back is ok

Here missus don't you come back here after a 2mth holiday calling me a lightweight:eek:, its the threadmill or nothing when you live in the county and its dark at 4.30....:D good to see you back doing a bit!!!

• Advertisement

Sunday 2nd December

Another Treadmill run:eek:, but i was away with the kids at a Kung Fu session and then we got home had lunch as we were starving and frozen to the bone.:eek:.....we watched the late late toy show repeat seeing as i missed it Friday night and then hit the treadmill with Jon Bon and the boys keeping me company;) nothing too exciting but it was 4m run at 6mph @ 1% incline so equal to 9.52, nice and easy...they the christmas tree went up!!!:D:D Oh the excitement is starting in our house!!

Delighted to be feeling less tired again, i have to make sure i don't miss the irona gain!!

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 9.25m
    MTD: 9.25m
    YTD: 1069.38m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Ecoli is the bomb! Yes, high expectations from the both of us!!!!! :D;)

Well at least my log title is apt this week:rolleyes:

just when i was getting my energy levels back up a bit (as a result of changing my supplement) i end up hurting my back again this week :mad:...and it wasn't even a result of running, just a long car journey that somehow has left me with a very sore and painful lower back muscle, right in the centre!! I'm awaiting a callback from the physio as after 3 days resting there's not much of an improvment.
    Anyway i stopped worrying about when i'd get a run in and as it turned out i couldn't have run anyway this week as my Little miss has a Fever with terrible night terrors, which are not nice, (don't know where she got the idea snakes would eat you,poor pet, but she is fighting a nasty infection with running nose and eyes and just miserable, so its snuggley time on the sofa this week and not much unbroken sleep!!!
    missed the christmas party today too, but i got to watch Elf instead this evening:rolleyes:

anyway this is what training logs are for right??;)

Hopefully all the crap is coming now and by new year you'll be all unsore and healthy again, just take it easy, even superwoman needs a break sometimes!

Got a cancellation at the Physio yesterday afternoon and thankfully im much better today. A session with the auld dry needles :eek: sorted me out for now. Back next Monday for another session,..... its my big bad ass Glutes giving me trouble again;)!!!

A test run on Thursday on the cards!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Ouch dry needles- last time I had that I was sore for days after. Hope the pain in your ass goes away soon :D

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Ouch dry needles- last time I had that I was sore for days after. Hope the pain in your ass goes away soon :D

some people might say i am a pain in the ass all the time;)

Thanks, much improved, its amazing what a few little prods can fix;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

yeah I have this tight tendon in my leg since I started training for dcm and its never gotten better. Its not severe but its sore at times around the ankle. My physio wants to try dry needling but I dont fancy it at all.

rasher_m wrote: »
    yeah I have this tight tendon in my leg since I started training for dcm and its never gotten better. Its not severe but its sore at times around the ankle. My physio wants to try dry needling but I dont fancy it at all.

Rasher_m... get it, its tough but so worth it as you'll be right as rain in no time...my hubby is having it on his shoulders as he has had problems for years and he is amazed with the difference from just 2 sessions!!:D

Must not comment...its Christmas so must be nice....:eek:

• Advertisement

Must not comment...its Christmas so must be nice....:eek:

Yes be nice or Santa won't come to you!!!;)

For a training log, there's not much training going on around here:eek:

just 1 run this week, which was last night on the treadmill just to see if i could remember how to run before i take off on my new wheels!!:rolleyes:

Sunday 16th Dec
    nice and easy, nothing too hectic for the first run in 2 full weeks
    1m @ 6mph,
    1m @ 6.2mph and
    1.02m @ 6mph, all @ 1% incline
    Total 3.02 in 30.05:D

I did 20 min core and Pilates 9which are more or less the same!!) The body is fine today and there is not aches or pains so definitely will continue easy slow pace or now!!
    im heading back to Physio this afternoon for more treatment via the needles, so willl have a day or two recovery and then plan a few 3m runs over the rest of the week to get back to regular running, hopefully.

Still having issues with tiredness(not too bad but still requiring a evening nap about 2 days a week:eek:) and Sinus headaches becasuse of a headcold but at this stage im thinking a fun runs might help me get some energy back!!

18 weeks till London:eek::eek:

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD: 3.02m
    MTD: 12.27m
    YTD: 1072.40m

We're crocks! Think we have to take a step back sometimes and just mind ourselves. Did you get your bloods done?

madon wrote: »
    We're crocks! Think we have to take a step back sometimes and just mind ourselves. Did you get your bloods done?

ye i had the bloods done in early Oct and it showed low Ferritin levels, well range is 5 - 205ug/l and mine was at 9 and as far as i can make out, running females should be in the 25 - 50 range minimum, so i'm taking oral iron for 3 month but i have not got over the tiredness completely!!
    My haemoglobin was a very good 14.4 so its jus tthe stores that are affected!!
    I have to go back in another few weeks if there's no big improvement. B12 was at 377 which they say is fine but different doctors take different levels as " normal"..

How are you getting on?

Should you repeat them now?
    I'm okay the events of the last few months probably took a lot more physically out of me than I thought- I tend to do the womaney thing of pretending alls okay and hoping that it will be but you eventually hit that wall:o I'll be fine though I'm taking things easy!

Oh its good to be back running outside again.:D

I went for dryneedling yesterday and the assumption by me was that i wouldn't be able to run for a day or two but when i got up this morning the back was great, no pain, not even the pain from where the needles were, which usually feels like internal bruising(which it is i suppose):rolleyes:

anyhoo, I had the gear in the car(for the past few weeks) so brought it into work and at 12.30 before i changed my mind i was out the door.
    Now i have to say it was great to feel like Younganne out running again and not the tired, craggy, battered auld one that has been invading my body for the past few weeks;) i have decided the best way to deal with the remaining tiredness is to blow it away with good endorphines gained from running!!:D

Now London is 18 weeks away and although i started my plan 6 weeks ago it kind of dropped out of the atmosphere over the past 3 weeks so i'll go with the 18 week plan option!!

Week 1, Run 1 - 18th December
    I headed out for a nice easy run with roughly 3m in mind but less if any problems, headed off at a nice easy pace and didn’t look at the watch at all and I really enjoyed the run, no pressure of time, distance or anything, its foggy in the park but not freezing cold so the hat and gloves came off and like I said above it was lovely to be outside running again.

I wore the watch but didn’t check it during the run, but the stats are:
    Total 3.77m @ 9.44 ave/165, the HR seems a bit on the high side seeing as I was taking it easy but we’ll see how that goes for a while!!

Long may it continue:D:D

Plan for this week is to get regular running so hopefully another 3-4 runs of 3/4 m and maybe a "long run" of 5 miles and then next week more structure back into the plan!! the last aim is to get the total for the year up to 1100:D

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD
    : 3.77m
    MTD: 16.04m
    YTD: 1076.47m

See just proving I read your log :D. Congrats on W1/D1 run and hope the plan goes to plan :pac:

ah i would have believed you!!:)
    keep up your good work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Delighted the injury is sorted out! Best of luck with the London training :)

• Advertisement

Week 1, Run 2 - 21st December
    Headed off out & down the road, i had a small window to get this run done in and so it was a struggle to keep it slow,:o but i resisted temptation and keep plodding along until the last mile and i upped it a tiny bit!!
    4.23m @ 9.36/168..HR still a bit high for that slow pace, shows how much fitness i've lost,:eek: but im hoping it will return quickly once i get back ontrack!!!

While collecting the kids from the bus I heard of the sudden and sad passing of our neighbour and friend Shane Mc Entee. So I didn't get out on the road again over the weekend

Week 1, Run 3 -Sunday 23rd
    so a 3.2m easy on treadmill on Sunday morning, nice and handy at 6mph @1% incline so another easy run. The long run will have to wait until next week

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD: 11.2m
    MTD: 23.47m
    YTD: 1083.90m

Week 2, Run 1 - Wednesday 26th December

Christmas came and went and Wednesday im in my gear trying to get out for a run before the next batch of visitors arrived for their dinner and the heavens opened with hail and lashing rain:eek: so i'm very sad to say i have lost all my hardness:o so it was into the treadmill again for this one.

I was feeling ok so
    1m @ 6mph @ 1% (9.52)
    1m @ 7.5mph @ 1%(7.59 pace)
    3mins recovery
    1m @ 7.5 mph @ 1mph(7.59)
    1m @ 6.5mph @ 1%(9.09)
    Total 4.2 in 40.13

I loved this and it was great to get a run in and not just plodding all the time. Looking forward to getting back into proper full training next week. im hoping to get back on the roads a bit more and less on the treadmill, but its better than nothing!!
    I didn't make it out today as my youngest is 4 today but is sick so had two different medical appointments with her, one in Kingscout and one in Navan, so hoping to get 3 or 4 more runs in before 2013 begins!!:o

Totalsbiggrin.png
    WTD: 4.2m
    MTD: 27.67m
    YTD: 1088.10m

Advertisement