Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ouch Anne. God I hate sports massages. I dread going for them I prefer going to the dentist :D hope it's ok for nxt week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ouch Anne. God I hate sports massages. I dread going for them I prefer going to the dentist :D hope it's ok for nxt week
    :eek::eek: not me.....if not next week then up your neck of the woods on July 22nd:D
    you signed up for any marathons yet??? the mileage your doing you could do one not a bother in a few weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

God I hate sports massages. I dread going for them I prefer going to the dentist

Can i just say i'd a sports massage today and have a dental appointment tomorrow where drills will be used. Pain is my friend:eek:

Younganne, well done on the PB in the Bohermeen 5k. That hill around 2k was a right sneaky one alright.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Can i just say i'd a sports massage today and have a dental appointment tomorrow where drills will be used. Pain is my friend:eek:

Younganne, well done on the PB in the Bohermeen 5k. That hill around 2k was a right sneaky one alright.

Thanks and well done yourself...did i see somewhere that you did 18/19 minutes...you're a speedy one....i know it wasn't on your log i read it;)

Younganne wrote: »
    :eek::eek: not me.....if not next week then up your neck of the woods on July 22nd:D
    you signed up for any marathons yet??? the mileage your doing you could do one not a bother in a few weeks!!!
    Is that the 10k in swords. I must sign up for that one can't do dunshaughlin as sisters wedding two days before hand. Have no plans for a marathon this year Anne. Would have done Dublin but am way down in west cork for my sisters wedding and not coming back till the Monday. So going to concentrate on getting that stupid sub2 half by the end of the year.
    chinguetti wrote: »

Younganne, well done on the PB in the Bohermeen 5k. That hill around 2k was
    a right sneaky one alright.
    Oh drills are not good. Good luck with that. :eek:

• Advertisement

Is that the 10k in swords. I must sign up for that one can't do dunshaughlin as sisters wedding two days before hand. Have no plans for a marathon this year Anne. Would have done Dublin but am way down in west cork for my sisters wedding and not coming back till the Monday. So going to concentrate on getting that stupid sub2 half by the end of the year.

Yep the 10k in Swords....don't sweat it, you'll get your sub 2, look at the sessions your doing now with Ecolis guidance....you'll get there...These sisters and their weddings:rolleyes:
    Thought you loved the Dentist!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thanks and well done yourself...did i see somewhere that you did 18/19 minutes...you're a speedy one....i know it wasn't on your log i read it;)

Ah it was closer to 20 than 18 minutes and thanks.

Sure why would i have a log when i can post on everyone else's telling them of my adventures:)

Another bad week for me on the mileage front...legs still quite sore and i didn't want to chance them...also i have Sinus infection back again so on antibiotics for it...stronger antibiotics and they knock me out... I have to hit the leaba an hr after taking then and then it take at 2 - 2.5hrs before the head clears/drowsiness disappears.:eek: so not really functioing properly at the min!!!(no smart comments pls)

Anyway I was really starting fo freak about marathon training starting Tuesday week and the fact that i haven't run further that 6.5m in nearly 6 weeks,the only thing keeping me on the rightside of sanity is the fact that i have done 3 races in the 6 weeks ans got 3 PBs
    So I have to build up for first LSR of 12m...I will give week 1 of P&D plan a lash but if its too much i will do Hals intermediate plan for 6 week and then try the P&D 12 week plan...i really want to get sub 4 this year!!!:)

So got ready this morning and was heading out for a LSR when my 3yr old "runner" asked could she go for a run too, so we got her decked out and headed off for a little run...we did the run/walk strategy and she did the pacing to suit her and we covered 2m in about 34 mins...i used this as my warm up and got a good stretch in after...then as i was heading out the again the rain came, back in for light jacket and a cap and away i went....because of the slow warmup, i didn't have as much time and the planned 10mile was reduced to 8m as OH had to get to football pitch to prepare for 2 matches..he doesn't even play but it still takes up a lot of his time!!!

LSR pace is 10 - 10.30 and i stuck to that for 2.5m 10.25/151, 10.18/151, .5m @ 10.11/150 and then i got fed up and decide to try a few miles at MP (9.00), 4 miles @ 9.04/171, 9.04/168, 9.12/168, 9.00/171, cool down was 9.39/164, 9.54/167 (.6m)

Overall 8.10m in 1.17.45 @ 9.36/162,

I was happy with the run and it was just what i needed, so now i will just see what happens with the marathon plans.
    Anyone who has advice for me, i'm listening...

Totals
    WTD: 14.45m
    MTD: 28.32m
    YTD: 459.04m

Oh anne hope the sinus infection clears up soon. Don't forget if p&d doesn't work out for you there is always ecolis plan. You have a good base and still a week away before you start the plan. Get yourself better and you will be flying around in no time :)

ye Nules I was just reading his weekly plan/post and will follow him for 6 weeks and see how it goes.....Thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Anne youve a great base no matter what plan you go for. Hope you are on the mend soon and are back in full swing in no time

Thanks Ro, have you decided of you're doing P&D or a different plan....

Thanks Ro, have you decided of you're doing P&D or a different plan....

Dya know Anne I'm in 20 minds about what to do. I had a good look at P&D there during the week and some of the long runs midweek worry me. I was off this week in Donegal and clocked my highest weekly mileage yet. Some of those runs midweek were tiring and it was great being able to chill for the rest of the day but I worry about when I'm doing it and working at the same time. Does that part worry you at all?

Dya know Anne I'm in 20 minds about what to do. I had a good look at P&D there during the week and some of the long runs midweek worry me. I was off this week in Donegal and clocked my highest weekly mileage yet. Some of those runs midweek were tiring and it was great being able to chill for the rest of the day but I worry about when I'm doing it and working at the same time. Does that part worry you at all?

i haven't really thought about that as in the past 2 years training for DCM, i found that the body kinda gets used to the longer runs and you're not as tired as when you start...then again i'll be sitting at a desk and not doing any physical work so haven't to think about that!!!!!

but then i have to think of the drive home..its 42m/65km so i wouldn't want to nod off:eek:

i haven't really thought about that as in the past 2 years training for DCM, i found that the body kinda gets used to the longer runs and you're not as tired as when you start...then again i'll be sitting at a desk and not doing any physical work so haven't to think about that!!!!!

but then i have to think of the drive home..its 42m/65km so i wouldn't want to nod off:eek:

That's true. Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily
    That's an awful long drive. You'd want to be careful alright and have a carb snack before you drive home. Keep the brain focused

at the moment the plan is to see how im feeling on June 26th and maybe follow Ecoli for 6 weeks and then P & D for 12 week plan! Ecoli has lead us to good place sofar...all my races since DCM 2011 have been PB so it seems to be working and the fact that i continued to run over the winter.....

if i follow P& D and find its too much then i'll have no problem dropping off that plan and going to another.....time will tell!!!

did you PB 10k today? Well done if you did!!

You've come on leaps and bounds following e.coli's plan. I'm raging I got injured early in the season as wud loves to have used it. That sounds like a good marathon plan and as you say if you start something nothing says you have to see it out till the end.
    PB'd today but the course was short so not official :(. The very time I get the Olympic qualifying time...typical :):):)

You've come on leaps and bounds following e.coli's plan. I'm raging I got injured early in the season as wud loves to have used it. That sounds like a good marathon plan and as you say if you start something nothing says you have to see it out till the end.
    PB'd today but the course was short so not official :(. The very time I get the Olympic qualifying time...typical :):):)

thats a real pain in the ass!!!!
    I haven't heard from any of those companies yet for the sponsorship deals, have you? he he;) im still hoping to be able to quit this working lark and concentrate on my running full time:rolleyes:

Is your log in hibernation again:p

Doesn't work just completely get in the way of running :):)
    Log is buried. I'm just convinced I'll get injured if I start it up again like last time. Real scientific based hunch there :)

Doesn't work just completely get in the way of running :):)
    Log is buried. I'm just convinced I'll get injured if I start it up again like last time. Real scientific based hunch there :)

Ha ha, i just seen that jcmum was slagging you about it too...sure just use everyone elses!!!!

• Advertisement

Tuesday 19th June - 3.12m @10.12/155
    Plan says 3m easy do thats what it was....had the dog with me so there was a bit of stopping starting and i ended up doing a loop instead of the planned out and back on the flat main road... but the dog was drifting behind me and i was afraid she's verve out to the road while behind me so i did a loop...I very seldon do this loop but if i was doing it i would go in the opposite direction as there are so lovely hill, but the last mile would be on the flat main road....anyway nothing i could do but just go with it, so kept it nice and handy...had to eventually let the dog off the lead, half mile from home as she was pulling me backwards:rolleyes: and the hills were hard enought without going backwards too!!!

Fabulous sunny day that was very hot...delighted i managed to fit it in while youngest was at playschool, no childcare this evening to get out!!!!

Eldest 2 get there hols on Friday so they'll be no running for me on any weekdays i'm at home!!!! I can't do pre 9am runs!! not dedicated enough obviously!!!

10.02/147
    10.15/157
    10.15/160

Totals :D
    WTD: 3.12m
    MTD: 31.44m
    YTD: 462.16m

Wednesday 20th June - 5.11 @10.24/157

I headed to my private grounds for this training session...local football pitch, OH has the keys;) so i realised i have no excuse for not training over the summer as the kids can play football while i run or sit in the stand if it raining...just don't think it could be a 12m run:rolleyes:

Plan
    1mi warm-up;
    1mi@10k pace(8:00min/mi) & 3 min recovery;
    2 x 400m @ 5k pace (7:45min/mi) & 2 min recovery;
    4 x 200m @ 1mile pace (6:56min/mi) & 1:45 min recovery;
    1 mi cooldown

Actual
    1m - 9.48/159
    1m i@10k pace Plan 8:00min/mi - Actual 8.08/176
    & 3 min recovery
    2 x 400m (.25m)@ 5k pace plan 7:40 min/mi - actual 7.09/173 & 7.59/175
    400 recovery walked both
    4 x 200m (.13m) @ 1mile pace Plan 6:50min/mi & recovery;
    Actual 6.31/163, 6.44/166, 6.29/166, 6.28/167.
    1 mi cooldown - 10.10/160
    Paces all over the place...i have to update my pace ranges

I found parts of this workout very hard and some of it easier..
    the mile at 10k was very tough and i didn't quite hit the target which doesn't give me much hope for the sub 50 attempt on Saturday in Dunshaughlin. im just finishing the antibiotics and i'm not sure if i should even run Dunshaughlin???

the shorter ones the Garmin kept beeping at me to speed up/slow down and in the end i couldn't remember which intervals were at which pace:o
    i did 5 x 200 and i thought the last one was very long and when i checked the watch it was in the cooldown mile:rolleyes: so i didn't even get the time for it!!!!

after it was finished i was grand, stretched the legs well and felt fine.
    I was helping out at the "fundo" for the little ones at football tonight so did a bit of stretching there too:D

Totals:D
    WTD: 8.23m
    MTD: 36.55m
    YTD: 467.27m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Nice running Anne, See how you feel at the weekend ,after running a 10k recently and not feeling well it was the worst experience of my life, tough going.

Going to try some of that training next week and no football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Wednesday 20th June - 5.11 @10.24/157

I headed to my private grounds for this training session...local football pitch, OH has the keys;) so i realised i have no excuse for not training over the summer as the kids can play football while i run or sit in the stand if it raining...just don't think it could be a 12m run:rolleyes:

Plan
    1mi warm-up;
    1mi@10k pace(8:00min/mi) & 3 min recovery;
    2 x 400m @ 5k pace (7:45min/mi) & 2 min recovery;
    4 x 200m @ 1mile pace (6:56min/mi) & 1:45 min recovery;
    1 mi cooldown

Actual
    1m - 9.48/159
    1m i@10k pace Plan 8:00min/mi - Actual 8.08/176
    & 3 min recovery
    2 x 400m (.25m)@ 5k pace plan 7:40 min/mi - actual 7.09/173 & 7.59/175
    400 recovery walked both
    4 x 200m (.13m) @ 1mile pace Plan 6:50min/mi & recovery;
    Actual 6.31/163, 6.44/166, 6.29/166, 6.28/167.
    1 mi cooldown - 10.10/160
    Paces all over the place...i have to update my pace ranges

I found parts of this workout very hard and some of it easier..
    the mile at 10k was very tough and i didn't quite hit the target which doesn't give me much hope for the sub 50 attempt on Saturday in Dunshaughlin. im just finishing the antibiotics and i'm not sure if i should even run Dunshaughlin???

the shorter ones the Garmin kept beeping at me to speed up/slow down and in the end i couldn't remember which intervals were at which pace:o
    i did 5 x 200 and i thought the last one was very long and when i checked the watch it was in the cooldown mile:rolleyes: so i didn't even get the time for it!!!!

after it was finished i was grand, stretched the legs well and felt fine.
    I was helping out at the "fundo" for the little ones at football tonight so did a bit of stretching there too:D

Totals:D
    WTD: 8.23m
    MTD: 36.55m
    YTD: 467.27m

Great session Anne, well done.

When I setup intervals on the garmin for the shorter stuff, I don't set a target pace. The beeping is just too annoying, it's easier to maintain a target pace on the longer ones.

neilc wrote: »
    Great session Anne, well done.

When I setup intervals on the garmin for the shorter stuff, I don't set a target pace. The beeping is just too annoying, it's easier to maintain a target pace on the longer ones.

Ye neil it was really bugging me and then confused me, especially as my pace ranges are all over the place...but other that that the advance interval setting is fantastic....jus tlisten for the beeps!!

Hows the foot??

Ye neil it was really bugging me and then confused me, especially as my pace ranges are all over the place...but other that that the advance interval setting is fantastic....jus tlisten for the beeps!!

Hows the foot??

Not as bad but not 100%.
    Saturday it was on sole/heel of my left foot.
    Didn't run Sunday.
    Impatience got the better of me Monday so did a five miler to test it, felt ok-ish
    Last night did 7 1/2, pain gone from sole/heel, now on the other side of same foot. Felt as if laces tied to tight but they weren't.
    Tonight, another 7 1/2, still tight lace feeling but not as bad.
    Hopefully better tomorrow.

Hope its ok for Sats sub 40 onslaught!!!

Best of luck with it!!
    I'm not running Dunshaughlin..the Sinus infections is still in my system and the sensible thing to do is sit this one out....and hopefully i'll be match fit for next weeks 5m in the Park...my first 5m race:D so PB is guaranteed!!!

Thursday 21 June - Midsummers day...gorgeous Sunny day :eek: Lashing Rain!!
    3.50m in 29.34 @8.27 (no HR strap on)

Had 30min spare this morning while kids were having brekkie and seeing as OH was here and could drop them to school i decided to get my run done as he might not be home till late and the day thats in it, it will be dark very early this evening!!! I was back in time to save him taking the youngest out in the horrible rain!!!

So anyway off i went and just ran, i didn't intend on going fast as it was suppose to be an easy run, but seeing as it was going fast i decided to stay with it....but it was very tough and by the end i was wrecked, i couldn't have gone any further at that pace or any faster than that pace either....so it confirmed that i'm not back to 100% yet and therefore i won't be running Dunshaughlin Saturday evening...i'm not even going to tog out as it would make me run at race speed and I have to think of 18 week Marathon program starting next week...i've been fighting this Sinus infection on and off since start of May so have to get rid of it fully ( or i'll go insane)!:o

Mileage for this month is very low!!!

Totalsbiggrin.gif
    WTD: 11.73m
    MTD: 40.05m
    YTD: 470.77m

Hope its ok for Sats sub 40 onslaught!!!

Best of luck with it!!
    I'm not running Dunshaughlin..the Sinus infections is still in my system and the sensible thing to do is sit this one out....and hopefully i'll be match fit for next weeks 5m in the Park...my first 5m race:D so PB is guaranteed!!!

You're probably making the right decision thinking of the next 18 weeks instead of just Saturday.
    As for my sub 40 attempt, it not going to happen this time, have to be realistic. Hopefully I'll do it in a tune up race toward the end of marathon training!!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:Whats happening to us?? are we getting wiser as we get older...of course you're that bit older than me:D

Advertisement