Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

beeduybe wrote: »
    Thanks. Didn't notice the cold before or during the race but it hit me pretty soon afterwards.

Yeah I'll be back for more punishment on Wednesday evening. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Yep I'm heading back for more "fun" too:D. See you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Younganne wrote: »
    I was thinking of P&D too Anne but i'm a bit worried that there are so many long runs mid week that I know I wont have the time for. I had a look at the HH Advanced 1. I think there are 6 days training but I was half thinking of dropping one of the mid-week ones (the Monday run). Its either that or give up full time employment to pursue my olympic marathon dream :D:D:D:D:D

Do you think any company is looking for a few new sponsporship projects...we could volunteer??:D:D...i'd give up F/T no problem but only if someone would keep paying me so i could eat to keep the energy up for all the training!!;)

Well of course Anne. We are gonna get very lucrative deals out of our Olympic appearances. To cut a ribbon at a new shopping centre we'll be charging approx 10k.

Thursday 17th May - 4.55m in 48.22 @ 10.38/151

I was not suppose to go back running until tomorrow(3 days post antibiotics) but I feared for my Sanity.

Two of my crew have Scarlet Fever so the three of them are house bound for 7 - 10 days:eek:..... Day 2 and they were ready to kill each other and i was ready to kill them:o so i took to the roads when OH came home at lunch time!!!!

Its was a difficult run and the legs took a good while to ease out. I had to cancel my Sports rub last night so did a bit a rolling today, but both the hamstrings are tight so took it nice and SLOW.....gradually increased pace but didn't overdo it....and there was my usual few hills in the run so got a good workout!!

10.49, 10.47, 10.36, 10,24, 10.27(.55)

4.55m in 48.22 @ 10.38/151

Totals:D
    WTD: 4.55
    MTD: 34.61
    YTD: 381.88

Edit: Post run i was much calmer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Nice and easy now Anne. Health is a bit more important.

But I know what you mean sometimes a run can really help calm you down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Anne that's not very good role model behaviour from the Novice Mentor...tut, tut :p

Having said that, oh good god but it sounds like you needed it. Hope the household appreciated your calmer mood when you returned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hope they're feeling better soon, it is SO TOUGH with housebound sick kids.
    I would have been out the door like you, antibiotics or not.... I'm sure you'll all be feeling much better in the morning. :)

Nice and easy now Anne. Health is a bit more important.

But I know what you mean sometimes a run can really help calm you down

I know Dave, i'm great at giving advise but its very hard to follow it sometimes!!:eek:
    shazkea wrote: »
    Anne that's not very good role model behaviour from the Novice Mentor...tut, tut :p

Having said that, oh good god but it sounds like you needed it. Hope the household appreciated your calmer mood when you returned :)

Shaz, ye, doesn't look good, does it:o
    took till after the shower for the calm to be restored...
    Marthastew wrote: »
    Hope they're feeling better soon, it is SO TOUGH with housebound sick kids.
    I would have been out the door like you, antibiotics or not.... I'm sure you'll all be feeling much better in the morning. :)

Martha, the problem(not really a problem but YKWIM) is that they are not really sick with it, but we can't go anywhere.

Thanks guys, sanity can be as important sometimes;)(thats my excues and i'm sticking to it)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Holy c**p Anne poor you. Hope the 10 days fly in. Don't overdo it mind yourself.

Saturday 19th May - 6.20m in 1.01.35 @9.56/154 Garmin

This was a lovely relaxed run where i didn't look at the watch much but keep the running nice and easy. When the breathing started to get a bit laboured i slowed down and relaxed back into. The legs were good, just a slight tightening of IT band on right leg at mile 3..probably the camber of the road not helping as i was out on the main road....the decision for the rounte was between the main road and the camber or the back roads and the hills...today had to be easy so no hills!!

The weather:D, lovely and sunny with a nice wind to keep the heat off, strongish running into it on way out...on turnabout dead hest & sun in face and no wind....Lovely!!!

9.41/147, 9.58/154, 9.54/156, 10.03/155, 9.58/154, 9.59/155, 10.18/168(.20)long drag to finish

WTD:10.75m
    MTD:40.81m
    YTD:388.08m

Monday 21st May - 6.01 n 58.57 @ 9.49/154 Garmin

What a fabulous day, no run scheduled for today but i couldn't let the beautiful sunshine pass without going out for a trot:D
    got back into the running last week with 2 runs so hope to do 4/5 this week. Thank God the sinus infection seems to be gone:)

I took this one nice and hand and paid absolutely no attention to the pace but kept an eye on the HR and was trying to keep it under 160 but nearer to 150..The max it reached was 171 on an uphill incline which you wouldn't really notice, but i didn't drop the pace to allow for it.

Anyway really enjoyed the run and the sunshine......

9.52/145,
    9.55/156,
    9.53/157,
    9.56/154,
    9.51/155,
    9.27/159

delighted with those splits as they are pretty consistent;)

Totals :D
    WTD:6.01m
    MTD:46.82m
    YTD: 394.09m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Great stuff Anne! good to hear the infection is passing

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Oh no- 7-10 days:eek: I'd be out running too! Delighted you are over the infection now:)

Thanks Madon, kids on the mend, Eldest one had it before so mild dose, Son didn't get it he's as tough as old boots:rolleyes:... back to school on Wednesday for them, youngest one another few days off playschool, shes not happy as she only goes 2 days but she got it the worst....
    Took them up your neck of the wood yesterday, we were at Annagassan Harbour, had lovely picnic, and walk on the beach, no one around so it suited.:D

Tuesday 22nd May - 5.20m in 51.24 @ 9.53/151 Garmin

No sunshine in North Meath, clammy heat & cloudy all day:( was going to do a 3m slow run but eldest wanted to come with me on the bike so we decide to head out on the flat instead of the hills and said we'd do 4m. On the way back we took a detour and ended up doing 5.20:)

Again I took this one nice and handy and paid no attention to the pace but kept an eye on the HR and was trying to keep it under 155 but nearer to 150..The max it reached was 176 on an longish uphill incline at the end!

Anyway really enjoyed the run, felt very comfortable and not a peep out of the IT band, gave it a little roll before i went out;)......

9.47/138,
    9.46/153,
    9.57/151,
    9.54/156,
    9.56/157,
    10.12/172(.20 incline):rolleyes:

WTD:11.21m
    MTD:52.02m
    YTD: 399.29m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Well done Niamh, obviously being inspired well by the mammy!! (oh and well done you too Anne)

neilc wrote: »
    Well done Niamh, obviously being inspired well by the mammy!! (oh and well done you too Anne)

Hey Neil, she was on the Bike;), but ye it was good for her....
    Herself and Mark are mad to do 3k at Lismullen Family run on Sunday, so will head that way!!!

We did a trial run of the 3k the other night, took 1hr & 10min:eek: ....more stopping than walking but we got lovely photos and Laura is nearly faster than the 2 of them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hey Neil, she was on the Bike;), but ye it was good for her....
    Herself and Mark are mad to do 3k at Lismullen Family run on Sunday, so will head that way!!!

We did a trial run of the 3k the other night, took 1hr & 10min:eek: ....more stopping than walking but we got lovely photos and Laura is nearly faster than the 2 of them!!!

I think it's great to go out with the kids now and again and enjoy the scenery, improving our speed and times are very important but we sometimes miss out on the views if we take it seriously all the time.
    Good luck to all the family on Sunday

Marthastew wrote: »
    I think it's great to go out with the kids now and again and enjoy the scenery, improving our speed and times are very important but we sometimes miss out on the views if we take it seriously all the time.
    Good luck to all the family on Sunday

Thanks Martha, fully agree with you and we go for our country walks regularly. Its so much easier now that no buggy is required and after all the dog needs a trot too!!
    Sunday should be fun and it is advertised as Family Fun run, walk, stroll!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

LOL we always go to the beach in Annagassan for picnics, the kids love it there, as you say it is so quiet!
    I done a 10k there last August- nice route around by the coast, hopefully they'll run that again.

Wednesday 23rd May - 4.55m (1.25m warm up, 6 x 2min, with 60-90 sec recovery, 1m cool down)

This was the first time i did the track session with the Meath Running Group and i really enjoyed it, bar the fact that i had a sandwich at 6.20pm and was fighting the fact that if kept trying to come back up for the whole session:eek:...I will refrain from eating before sessions anymore. Funny thing is i'd never eat that close to a run so don't know why i did tonight!!:o

anyway did 5 laps warmup @ 8.28/154
    then we did 20mtrs x 4 reps of 4/5 different drills, can't remember:o

we then had to run for 2mins ...with 60-90 sec recovery
    i forgot to start the garmin for the first one, so don't have full distance
    1. pace @ 6.31/187(best pace 6.07)
    2. .33m in 2.01mins @ 6.06/180(best pace 6.06)
    3. .31m in 2.01 mins @ 6.37/179(best pace 6.08)
    4. .32m in 1.59 mins @ 6.17/179(best pace 5.55)
    5. .29m in 2.00 mins @ 6.49/174(bestpace 6.14)
    6. .33m in 2.01 mins @ 6.11/182(best pace 5.24):D

cooldown 1m @9.46/160
    Good session and i didn't have to be checking the watch for pace as it was all for time!

WTD:15.76m
    MTD: 56.57m
    YTD: 403.84

• Advertisement

madon wrote: »
    LOL we always go to the beach in Annagassan for picnics, the kids love it there, as you say it is so quiet!
    I done a 10k there last August- nice route around by the coast, hopefully they'll run that again.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that!
    Ye kids love picnics, doesn't matter where we have then...we have had then in the boot of the car when weather went against us!!:D

Thanks Madon, kids on the mend, Eldest one had it before so mild dose, Son didn't get it he's as tough as old boots:rolleyes:...

He's not so tough anymore, He got the rash/scarlet fever this evening so another week off school, they(the kids) don't seem to be too bothered anymore(about missing school that is as the sun is shining):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Sounds like a good session Anne. Well done on passing the 400m mark ;)

Thursday 24th May - 3m in 29.58 @ 9.59/149

Hurray, first time(i think) that i have managed to keep the HR avg below 150 which is 75% of 200 approx Max HR (i hope my maths are right:o )

Anyway another beautiful day so with nothing better to do during lunch I headed off out for an easy run with my (occasional) running partner. Our paces are very similar which is great so we can do few runs together.

My current paces are :

Recovery| 10.28 - 10.58
    Long Run | 9.28 - 10.28
    Easy Run | 9.28 - 9.58

Her times are 4 seconds slower so this just fitted into her Easy Run time (9.34 - 10.04)

It did start off at a recovery run and we were aiming 10.30 but alas...that didn't happen!!!:o
    m1 = 10.07/137,
    m2 = 9.54/156
    m3 = 9.56/157

WTD:18.76m
    MTD: 59.57m
    YTD: 406.84

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Anne nice day for it

Friday - rest day

I have to say i felt very guilty yesterday evening sitting out in the sun and not going for a run...I did think about it but I reckoned 6 days in a row when i'm not used to it wouldn't do me any good...See i do listen to all you experts..(Sometimes);)
    Any way to get rid of the urge to run i opened a few bottles of Miller and enjoyed then instead!!!:D

Sat 26th May - 6.58m in 1.00.02 @9.08/168

plan: 1 mile easy, 6x1k @ HMP with 90 sec rec, 1 mile easy

Headed out just after 9 this morning to get this done before it got any hotter and i could see the tress blowing fairly hard so knew the wind would keep the feeling of the temp down...:eek:the wind was very strong and it meant that i had to fight it for a Half of the session(out & back)

splits
    1.02m @9.58/154
    .66m @ 8.06/178 with 91 sec recovery
    .62m @ 8.01/178 with 91 sec recovery
    .63m @ 8.14/176 with 96 sec recovery
    .62m @ 8.25/174 with 94 sec recovery
    .62m @ 8.29/172 with 91 sec recovery
    .63m @ 8.23/172 with 78 sec recovery
    1.01m @ 9.31/167

I really enjoyed this run but i knew that i was going too fast, i'd pull it back and the it would just speed up again. Tried a bit harder on the last two to keep them slow, but this felt like i wasn't putting any extra effort into it.

When i got back my 9yr old wanted to go for a little jog so i went for 2 km with her run/walk for 2 k and she seemed fine with that...I'm going to bring her for the 3km race tomorrow, but can't bring my 6yr old son as he now has the Scarlet fever and is confined from mixed with kids for another week!!
    1.26m in 17mins

WTD:26.60m
    MTD:67.41m
    YTD:413.68m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Good session Anne!

Long Slow Run - Sunday 27th May - 3km in 24.30 with my 3yr & 9yr old daughters....Garmin

Two of my children wanted to do this Family Fun run but seeing as my 6yr old son has scarlet Fever now he couldn't come so i decided to bring the 3yr old instead. She has no problem walking 2 miles on a hilly route so i knew she''d be well able for the distance, but i didn't expect her to run most of it!!:cool:

My 9yr(Niamh) old took off and did this in 21.01 and my 3yr (Laura)refused to walk for any of the first km, then walked for about 10 seconds and was away running again. Fair play to her but she just kept running. We stopped at the water station and were there for a min or so as she drank all her water and then away running again.
    The Garmin shows 24.58, but i was chipped and it was 24.30. The two girls are over the moon with their medals.

3 yr wanted to go running again this morning before her breakfast:D
    what have i started;)

9yr old wants to do the 5km in Bohermeen in 2 weeks so we'll see!!!

By the time we got home, the heat was too much so i didn't go out for a run myself, but i had 5 sessions already done and coming from 2 sessions last week, didn't want to overdo it.

WTD:28.46m
    MTD:69.27m
    YTD:415.54m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Nice weeks running Anne! Amazing that your 3 year old could run that long. Star in the making i reckon!

• Advertisement

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Nice weeks running Anne! Amazing that your 3 year old could run that long. Star in the making i reckon!

Thanks Bob, ye she surprised me especially in the heat.....she has long legs and everyone takes her for a 5 yr old so that helps too;)
    and she is constantly asking me if i have to go for a run, so theres definitely interest there....

Advertisement