Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But its cold outside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Nice run today! And ecoli has some super plans about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Week 3 - Run 6
    Sunday 15th July - 12.6m @10.27/154

Headed to the Phoenix Park today to meet with the gang for this run...It was great to meet Shaz, Nules & SunflowerRo again and lovely meeting Ainman, LizzyC and Dave for the first time. Hope to meet you all again soon!!!
    I knew after yesterdays run that today would be a struggle on my own so this was the plan...and I'm delighted that i did. It was a lovely warm sumnny morning and perfect for running...7 off us headed off at a nice leisurely pace and i have to say i really enjoyed this. The miles flew by and before i knew it we had 10m done, some had done a few more miles before hand and LizzyC was going for another 4 so i decided to go for 2 of them with her as 12 was the plan in my head!!!

As usual with IReland we had lovely sunshine and nice heat to start with, s bit of wind to keep us cool at times and then a shower when we were going up the Kyber just to help us keep the pace up!!!!;)

Overall 12.6m @ 10.27/154.

My total for the week comes in at 39.80 and If i had known this earlier i would have run the length of the carpark & back:o). Delighted with my weeks running!!!

Totals:D
    WTD: 39.80m
    MTD: 66.17m
    YTD: 571.07m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great running this weekend Anne. The back to back long days will certainly help when it comes to endurance come the Marathon. Keep up the good work. A nice day off tomorrow for you anyway and well earned:D

Cheers Ecoli, legs feel surprisingly good at the moment...will have to see how good they are in the morning!!!:rolleyes:

Week 4 - Plan

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |Rest|6 mile easy|Session 1*|7m easy|20 min recovery|Session 2*|2 hr easy

Session 1 - 2 mile warm up, Fartlek - 1 min hard/easy, 2 min hard/easy, 3 min hard/easy, 4 min hard/easy, 3 min hard/easy, 2 min hard/ easy, 1 min hard/easy 2 mile cooldown

Hard- 5k-10k pace
    Easy - Steady-easy pace

Session 2 - 2 miles easy - 25 min @ HMP 2 mile easy

Right the intention is to get this plan completed, but the reality is family holiday for a few days so might not be possible, i'll definitely get some of the runs done....pity i'm not heading for warm weather training:o...but those days are gone:mad:, will just have to settle for the Irish weather on the beautiful west coast!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

There is a planned down week next week so if you want then I can send you on that week and you can swap them around to suit and give you a chance to enjoy the holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Super running last week Anne. You're showing us all up these days.

ecoli wrote: »
    There is a planned down week next week so if you want then I can send you on that week and you can swap them around to suit and give you a chance to enjoy the holiday?

Ecoli that would be great, i'd appreciate that.....

|Rest|4 mile easy|5 mile steady +6x80m strides|4m easy|OFF|4 mile steady|70 min easy

There you go

|Rest|4 mile easy|5 mile steady +6x80m strides|4m easy|OFF|4 mile steady|70 min easy

There you go

Brilliant Ecoil that looks much more manageable.....
    eldest 1 can even manage those distances on her bike so she'll be happy.....and the dog too:o i did say a family holiday!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Some great training going on there anne. Enjoy the few days away- hope the weather improves for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Enjoy the hols Anne. I def think you've deserved an easy run week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

There you go

Ohhh that looks nice :D

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ohhh that looks nice :D
    back away girl..thats my plan..... you have to follow the other one!!
    well actually no your don't:rolleyes: we can share so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Enjoy the hols (the down week looks similar to my every week training plan:D)

Week 4 - Plan

That was the plan for last week as I was away for a few days last week with the family in Beautiful Westport and delighted to say I got all my running in, being a stepback week meant that was so much easier!!

Week 4 – Run 1 - Tuesday 17th July
    Headed out at 8.30am with the dog to get this one done before we headed off….lovely wet morning!!!
    I went my hilly route, a few nice hills and plenty of lumps & bumps (just like meself!!)
    4m @ 9.53/153

Week 4 – run 2 – Wednesday 18th July
    The OH didn’t arrive until Wednesday evening about 5pm so just after 6, I hit the road….this was a tough run as it was very warm and I had another few nice hill to run…no flat routes in Westport!!! This run was followed by strides, I’m not a great judge of distance so I just ran between two markers on the cycle path at the end of the 5m….
    It was suppose to be steady, but could have been faster!!!
    5.01m @ 9.26/157 with 6 x 80m strides…with about 60 – 70 sec recovery in between
    1. pace 6.05 for 390ft,
    2. pace 6.51 for 357ft
    3. pace 6.08 for 374ft,
    4. pace 5.53 for 379ft,
    5. pace 6.17 for 380ft,
    6. pace 6.24 for 361ft
    Now I thought all the stride distances were the same, just goes to show, I am no good at distances!!!

Total 5.94m

Week 4 – Run 3 – Friday 20th July
    I didn’t manage to get out Thursday as we were on Achill Island for the day, so cross training:rolleyes:
    Friday another evening run, 5.30 when I got out for this and it was fairly warm again….althought we had very high temps there was no sun which would have made this run much more enjoyable…another tough run…alcohol had no part to play in the toughness!!!!!:o

4.11 m @ 9.50/156

Week 4 – Run 4 – Saturday 21st July
    Late night out last night, but wanted this out of the way or it wouldn’t get done at all so headed off at 10am before brekkie and while rest of the house were sleeping.

This was meant to be steady run but a combination of late night, a few drinks and the dog kept stopping to check out her new territory this turned into an “easy run”…but it was done so better than nothing!!!
    4.01m @ 9.54/152

Week 4 – Run 5 – Sunday 22nd July
    Couldn’t get out of the bed for this one and it wasn’t going to happen as OH was heading back early but he insisted I got my run in first so I headed off at lunch time in the drizzly rain and within 5min I was delighted to be out doing my run, the sun came out and the temp soared, the wind was strong so was lovely and cooling…I headed out towards Croak Patrick so the views were great, back in a country road to the harbour, down to the end of the harbour and then in they cycle path back to the house…OH brought my 3yr to meet me at the end of the path so I did an extra bit of a run with her!!!! She was in her “gear” to do her run, so couldn’t disappoint her!!!!!!:D

7.18m @ 10.10/153

So overall the step back week was completed with no extra runs or miles anywhere but I’m delighted to have managed all my runs!!

Totals :D
    WTD: 25.24m
    MTD: 91.41m
    YTD: 596.31m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Welcome back... Well done on sticking to the plan whilst on holidays, very impressive:)

Week 5 - Plan

|Rest|6 mile easy|Session 1*|7m easy|20 min recovery|Session 2*|2 hr easy

Session 1 - 2 mile warm up, Fartlek - 1 min hard/easy, 2 min hard/easy, 3 min hard/easy, 4 min hard/easy, 3 min hard/easy, 2 min hard/ easy, 1 min hard/easy 2 mile cooldown

Hard- 5k-10k pace
    Easy - Steady-easy pace

Session 2 - 2 miles easy - 25 min @ HMP 2 mile easy

So this is the plan for this week

Week 5 Run 1 - Tuesday 24th July

Headed out in the misty drizzle for this one and off up North rd, i got to the Ordinance Survey gates, 2.5m into the run and I decided i didn't want to go the route i had planned so turned and headed back,At Farmleigh i decide i pop in and do the route i did with the gang last week. I've never ran into Farmleigh before and by the time i came back out the gate, instead of 1m i had covered 2m. So the total for my run today was over 7m instead of 6, but i was a lovely run whn i remember to slow back down and The rain had a lovely cooling effect!!!:D

7.10m @ 9.46/157

Totals biggrin.gif
    WTD: 7.10m
    MTD: 98.51m
    YTD: 603.41m

Week 5 - Run 2 - Wednesday 25th July
    Forgot i was going to Meath Running Group tonight and for a while thought about not going so i could do the planned pyramid session, but then decided i could do that another day and went to the group run....
    i got a couple of extra laps in before the start so session was warmup of 1.53m @ 9.10 (bit too fast for warmup:o), then we did stretches, drills and then 5 x 3.00 with 90 sec Recovery( most of these were 2min, by the time the group reassembled)...i don't mind these, but wishing for each one to finish and then as soon as its over...sure it was grand!!!:rolleyes:
    first one was probably too fast and after that the all felt fine, but i was pushing at about 90- 95%...
    6.10, 6.57, 6.24, 6.57, 6.21...bit of a difference in them:o
    finished off with a bit more stretching and then 1.50 cool down, 1m @ 9.23, .5m @9.34...
    I would have happily done another mile with Beeduybe as he was going for another mile, but had to collect daughter from Football and its a half hr drive home so had to bale!!!
    My runners were annoying me throughout the whole seesion and it was only when i got home that i realised that i had the wrong runners on me. My Asics GT2160 are almost identical to my Sauconys but i can't run in the Asics, and this just proved it to me...legs, shins, and whole body was in bits Thursday....
    Anyway total 6.13m

Week 5, Run 3 - Friday 27th July
    Didn't get out for the planned run on Thursday, between appointments with things for the kids, a visit to Argillan Castle, plenty of walking there and then being absolutely knackered when i got home about 7 than i just listened to the body and went to bed and had a great night sleep instead of trying to get the run in.

Went out today for the run a lunchtime...forgot my Garmin so just did a 5.5m route i know in 52.28..... Went on the Trails for this in the park, God they are very wet in places and it was a bit of an obstacle course at times, but once i got back on the paths i slowed it down as i was going a bit fast...lovely day for running and not quite as warm as the last few days!!!

Total 5.5m

Week 5 Run 4 - Friday 27th July

20 min Recovery - popped out at 9.30 this evening to get this done before OH went out and have to say if was a really cool and lovely night for running and i could have kept going except for the dark and the fact that i jus thad the 20mins to get this done...i took it nice and handy and really enjoy the run...let the dog off the lead so no stopping & starting and just took it easy and enjoyed it...
    2m in 21.49 @ avg 10.55

Totals biggrin.gif
    WTD: 20.73m
    MTD: 112.14m
    YTD: 617.041m

Week 5 Run 5 - Sat 28th July
    Session Plan 2m warm-up 25 min @HMP, 2m Cooldown
    HMH approx 8.30..well that was the aim. I set the session up on the Garmin and as i was going out the door the heavens opened....after a few min it stopped so off i went.

first 2m warm up was the usual, difficult to get going, going too fast etc...I got a stitch pretty much straight away which was unusual but it eased after about a mile...i was tired after a late night(watching Olympics) and a few drinks...but soon got into the swing of things..
    2m @ 9.40/161,
    i found that once i got into the HMP it felt much more comfortable but as usual too fast, slow it down too slow, speed it up etc...this went on for the full 25min but i'm delighted that the ave was 8.32/171 distance 2.93m @ 8.32/171
    Cool down was nice and relaxed and i was kept cool by the big hail shower that fell for the last mile....
    2m @9.30/165 the session ended at 6.93m...but hey that won't do so started watch again and back out the gate, turned at the junction and back in again.......Thats better 7m:D

Over all 7m @9.09/165...happy with the session...right back to "Mammy Duties" for the day;)

Totals biggrin.gif
    WTD: 27.73m
    MTD: 119.14m
    YTD: 624.04m

• Advertisement

Well done Anne. Good session
    How were the hols?

great Ro, kids had a ball even though we had most of the picnics in the car:rolleyes:..and had to leave beautiful Keem beach on Achill Island because of the rain....but it was a change of scenery and we ate & drank plenty!!:D Thanks Ro...

And loads of running too Anne so a good holiday all round :)

Week 5, Run 6 - Sunday 29th July

This run nearly didn't happen i was so busy yesterday....but it was later when i was free so i headed to the big town of Navan where it wouldn't matter when it got dark and at 7.45 last night i headed out....

the plan was 12 - 14m at 10.30ish pace....the first few miles were a bit too fast(:ono surprise there) and then i settled into a nice run, few hills slowed me down and this helped keep the pace down...at 5.5 miles i was passing the end of the road to my Aunts house so i decide to call and say hello( and use the loo) and my cousins( who was visiting from Galway) stuck on her gear and came with me for a few miles. It was great to have the company and she has signed up for the marathon too, She was on a stepback week but is only running 3 times so the extra 6m did her good....The pace dropped a bit as 10m is her MP but i didn't mind as a few of my earlier miles were too fast, i dropped her off back near her house and headed home...Legs were getting tired by the time i was gettin home and it was dark...but i picked the pace back up.

It had been lashing when i left home at 7pm yesterday and when i got to Navan there had been no rain all day...as soon as i set off out the door the heavens opened and it rained for my first 4 mile, but it didn't really bother me......

10.00/153, 10.18/151, 10.28/152, 10.13/154, 10.28/157,
    10.37/153, 10.36/160, 10.41/154, 11.02/160, 10.35/161, 10.48/163, 10.06/166, 10.11/168, 10.05/163, 9.32
    The miles in bold are the ones i had company for...just proves i need company to help me keep my times down.....

Overall 14m @ 10.26/158

Totals:D
    WTD: 41.73m
    MTD: 133.14m
    YTD: 638.04m

Week 6 - Plan

|Rest|6 mile easy|Session 1*|6m easy|20 min recovery|Session 2*|2 hr 30 min easy

Session 1 - 2 miles easy, 6x800m with equal time recovery (jog rec) 2 miles easy

Session 2 - 9 mile progression - 3 miles easy, 3 miles @ MP, 3 miles @ HMP - all continuous running

Well this was the plan for week 6 and so far this week it hasn't quite gone to plan.

Following Sundays LSR, my legs were giving me a bit of trouble, my shin is sore on and off both running and when not running and my IT band is starting to impact again when running so need to get that sorted. I've booked into the Physio and heading there today so not sure what the rest of the week will hold but so far this week.

Week 6, Run 1 - Wendesday 1st Aug - morning
    I couldn't get out for my run on Tue with one thing and another and the nights are definitely getting darker earlier and with the rain it has cut by running in the evening almost to nothing. Its too dark for running after 8.30 on my roads and i can't always get to the "mainland" where there's lights...so headed out just after 8.30 Wednesday morning for this run, in the rain, nothing different there then!!!

It was suppose to be 6m easy but legs were obviously feeling fresher after extra rest day and i just couldn't get it a tiny bit slower....i only did 5m of the planned 6 for two reasons...time was going against me, i had a meeting to attend and i knew i had Meath Running group training that evening and didn't want to overdo it too much.

Total 5m @ 9.25/160 - more of a steady run that an easy run.

Week 6, Run 2 - Wendesday 1st Aug - evening
    I got up to the track a little earlier for this as i knew in the plan my warm up was 2m and its usually 1m warmup at the group and i knew i was 1m down from this mornings session so i managed 1.58(1m @9.38, .58, @9.19m) warmup and then we did a bit of static stretching and went for the 1m warmup(9.12) .... this is all a little fast for warmups so must try and get this slower..:o

We then did our drills(which i'm still not keen on) and a few strides and then our session started,
    the plan was 4 x 4mins with 2mins recovery..
    6.52/176, 6.19/181, 6.56/179, 6.39/178...now i thought the first one was the fastest and that i'd be regretting it later but the second one appears to have been a bit faster and the third one i knew was slower and i tried to keep the effort up it for the last one, had a bit of a stitch so it was tough going.....but they didn't feel just as bad as the 5 x 3min the week before for some reason:confused:
    cooldown was 1.27m @ 1m 9.28/161 & .27 @ 9.16/164
    Total 7.05m @ 10.10/158

Totalsbiggrin.gif
    WTD: 12.05m
    MTD: 12.05m
    YTD: 650.09m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good training going on this log, well done Anne

shazkea wrote: »
    Good training going on this log, well done Anne

Thanks Shaz. i was thinking of you the other day when my shin was hurting and i can understand your frustration now!!
    I'll have to see what Physio says later, hopefully its nothing too bad and just might need a bit of TLC

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Younganne wrote: »
    Thanks Shaz. i was thinking of you the other day when my shin was hurting and i can understand your frustration now!!
    I'll have to see what Physio says later, hopefully its nothing too bad and just might need a bit of TLC

Hopefully it is just TLC, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Fair play Anne! great dedication and consistency here. You're flying in the speed sessions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Fingers crossed here for you anne, hope the physio sorts you out:)

Advertisement