Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Won't be on tonight anyway and I don't think I'll be on at all till I'm back in the UK.

Just noticed it'd only downloaded 13gb on the PS4 in my parents! No idea what's the story with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cant get on psn at all so dont know if I will be on anyways, will try again later. Some people on the GTA forum can get on but seem to get knocked off again so hopefully it gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

...Is the most depressing game ive ever played, that is all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No words... just :confused:

Axwell wrote: »
    Cant get on psn at all so dont know if I will be on anyways, will try again later. Some people on the GTA forum can get on but seem to get knocked off again so hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Me neither...Painful during Xmas

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Me neither...Painful during Xmas

Been playing the last 2 hrs no hassle online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

...Is the most depressing game ive ever played, that is all.

Yea! Suurrrrre!

On now with Mick playing multiplayer if anyones around!?

Mick psn messaging is at it again. Not sure if you getting messages on there but try changing your MTU on psn, it was one of the tricks when the network was down last few days

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/29/ps4s-temporary-mtu-1473-fix-to-access-the-psn-made-official-by-sony/

Game on tonight lads?

• Advertisement

Probably

tok9 wrote: »
    Probably

Need some backup Axwell, peer pressure and all that lark

Few games now if anyone around? Messaging ****ed on psn so reply here or jump into chat

Chat playing up, do ye have 4?

Hey etxp, sorry about that. Chat was fine for us but ya we did have 4 alright.

tok9 wrote: »
    Hey etxp, sorry about that. Chat was fine for us but ya we did have 4 alright.

No worries, I didn't get the invites until about 50 minutes after they were sent, and said something about NAT error so couldn't hear anyone then either!

I was trying to build my clan anyway so was happy out!

Hey Etxp , was just inviting you to a game there wiht me and Keno but you logged off before I got to. Still on now for a few if you are around.

Sorry, only seen this now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Finally got this on PS4. While I was wary of the 60fps it's actually great and makes gameplay very fluid.

I have one question. Is it worth getting used to shooting with R2 or it it better to reassign controls to the Ps3 controls?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Finally got this on PS4. While I was wary of the 60fps it's actually great and makes gameplay very fluid.

I have one question. Is it worth getting used to shooting with R2 or it it better to reassign controls to the Ps3 controls?

Thanks

I'd use R2. Was annoyed you couldn't map it in BF4 but once you get used to it, it's probably better.

• Advertisement

Use R2 all the way. Or at least that's what I've been doing.

Haven't been on the Mp in a while as I've been brought back to the Destiny world and finishing up some PS+ games.

Hopefully I'll get on some night soon but I am tempted to get Evolve too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Never saw this thread. Playing factions most every night for an hour or so from 8pm.
    the-phill is my psn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mondo83

Add me if you don't mind lads

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Have yet to play Remastered with a group. Forgot how good this multiplayer is. Add me: Shreddedloops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads can you get back gameplay footage if you didn't press the share button. I just had a last man standing against 10 players and won but I never pressed share button :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

It keeps the last 15 minutes of use IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭eggy81

Started playing this on ps4 for the first time at around 11 last night. Wow. Didn't hit the bed until 6 am. Couldn't stop playing. Awesome game. That first scene hits you straight in the feels.
    Amazed I waited so long to try it.

Someone is after making an "episodic" cinematic playthrough of TLOU. I like the idea of it but I probably won't get around to watching it.

The Last of Us cinematic playthrough tv style series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I just found this thread and I'm delighted I did. I never played it until around three weeks ago and a friend warned me to play it on hard. Hard wasn't too bad so I'm playing it now on grounded. Fúck me it's next to impossible.. But I like to get my moneys worth out of a game so I ain't complaining..

The story isn't at all what I expected from a "zombie" game. The infected, though a complete pain in the arse, are really just a plot device for a beautiful, heartbreaking story. Even though Joel seems like a complete bollox to Ellie sometimes, the prologue pretty much justifies why he acts the way he does. The ending is beautiful too. I didn't understand why he lied the first time I saw it but I get it now. Humanity is fúcked and whether there's infected or not, the damage is done. All he has left is Ellie and the knowledge that his morals justified his actions. He found the peace of mind he's been looking for since his daughter died. Games don't have such powerful storylines anymore.

Once I have grounded (and maybe grounded +) completed I'll be giving multiplayer a go. I hear good things about it so doubtless I'll be looking for advice so I don't get destroyed for being a noob..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

GerB40 wrote: »
    I just found this thread and I'm delighted I did. I never played it until around three weeks ago and a friend warned me to play it on hard. Hard wasn't too bad so I'm playing it now on grounded. Fúck me it's next to impossible.. But I like to get my moneys worth out of a game so I ain't complaining..

The story isn't at all what I expected from a "zombie" game. The infected, though a complete pain in the arse, are really just a plot device for a beautiful, heartbreaking story. Even though Joel seems like a complete bollox to Ellie sometimes, the prologue pretty much justifies why he acts the way he does. The ending is beautiful too. I didn't understand why he lied the first time I saw it but I get it now. Humanity is fúcked and whether there's infected or not, the damage is done. All he has left is Ellie and the knowledge that his morals justified his actions. He found the peace of mind he's been looking for since his daughter died. Games don't have such powerful storylines anymore.

Once I have grounded (and maybe grounded +) completed I'll be giving multiplayer a go. I hear good things about it so doubtless I'll be looking for advice so I don't get destroyed for being a noob..

MP is unreal, this game is the reason i left xbox and got a ps4. You will love Factions when you get into the multiplayer.

Advertisement