Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

tok9 wrote: »
    My copy has been dispatched since Wednesday night. I'd be tempted to get it but I'll probably just leave it now :(

I'll check the post room before I leave work anyway.

That sucks dude. I'm in Worcester and got mine yesterday from Gamestop. From what I recall, the post mark was from Northern Ireland, although I didn't pay much attention to it when I ripped open the package. Got a good few hours in last night. Hopefully the mrs. will go to bed early tonight so I can get a few more in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My PS4 is stuttering like crazy trying to play this, anyone else experience the same? It was fine up until the 20 years later part started

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The DLC is a bit mad. 7 masks for a euro each or buy the bundle of them for 8 euro :pac:

Also, 2 euro for MP skills is a bit much but each to their own I suppose.

The Day 1 survival pack seems to have a few perks and skills included anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The DLC is a bit mad. 7 masks for a euro each or buy the bundle of them for 8 euro :pac:

Also, 2 euro for MP skills is a bit much but each to their own I suppose.

The Day 1 survival pack seems to have a few perks and skills included anyway.

Wait, what? Does this mean someone can buy shed loads of MP points and equip loads of perks onto their MP character. If so I'm both outraged and intrigued.
    It would be unfair if you can purchase an advantage like that in the MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RasTa wrote: »
    My PS4 is stuttering like crazy trying to play this, anyone else experience the same? It was fine up until the 20 years later part started

Yup did it he first time, turned off the cosole and has stopped now.. thibk justvthe size od the install file, while playing the game did something..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My god, the graphics are insanely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wait, what? Does this mean someone can buy shed loads of MP points and equip loads of perks onto their MP character. If so I'm both outraged and intrigued.
    It would be unfair if you can purchase an advantage like that in the MP.

No.

They are perks like the ones you set before starting a match such as bomb expert etc.

The person doesn't get additional points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Difference between 30 and 60fps is phenomenal aswell!
    Just looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

I have not played many PS4 games but from what I have played Tomb Raider has had best graphics imo.

Is this much better graphics than Tomb Raider?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a cannot downloaded message in the single player free upgrades file on psn?

I haven't tried myself yet but according to here "Press the touchpad and cycle to the skills. If you have a point in faster reload, faster crafting, and faster healing and you didn't put them there then you have the bonuses active."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Anyone know if Xtra Vision are doing a trade in deal on the PS3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

You know the Day one edition bonus survival pack ? is that stuff for multiplayer only or what ? "Increased Crafting Speed, Increased Healing Speed, 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade, Rifle Clip Capacity, Two Skins for Joel and Ellie, Bonus XP for Multiplayer"

Went to the store, brought the Day 1 edition to the counter, bought it, get home to realize its the regular edition =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

You know the Day one edition bonus survival pack ? is that stuff for multiplayer only or what ? "Increased Crafting Speed, Increased Healing Speed, 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade, Rifle Clip Capacity, Two Skins for Joel and Ellie, Bonus XP for Multiplayer"

Went to the store, brought the Day 1 edition to the counter, bought it, get home to realize its the regular edition =/

Take it back. Or else give them a call over the phone and explain. And they might give you a code for the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Take it back. Or else give them a call over the phone and explain. And they might give you a code for the DLC.

Man im never leaving a store again without checking the bag. I couldnt be arsed travelling to town again right now, currently have the game installing.. anyone know is the extra stuff multiplayer related only, or are the items singleplayer ?
    i'll give them a ring if its singleplayer content, i wont be playing the online.

Honestly from giving it a quick read, the survival pack isn't even worth ringing up. Just a few MP things you'll get/unlock and 2 skins for the sp.

I wouldn't bother personally.

If it was the perks/guns which you have to pay for then I would but that's not in it.

Just finished Left Behind. Got Damn the graphics are unreal. Also, F* you naughty dog! Like the EA guy said at E3, 'All the Feeeeeellllzzz'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Mine was dispatched from Amazon yesterday to arrive today (Amazon Prime) but the delivery driver has screwed up and delivered it somewhere else! Should hopefully have it some time tomorrow now but not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just picked this up in Smyths,got them to honour the €42.99 price they had on website a few weeks ago. Had a screenshot of the website with the game at that price so the manager said she would honour it. Delighted:)

Now to get a 10 hr shift out of the way so i can play this in the morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This is now waiting for me at home but I'm still stuck at work.

1234931504682.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Been playing the MP mostly for the last 3 hours with a friend and its been great. Can see myself finishing both Journey's no problem.

• Advertisement

Anyone up for some MP? About to have my first game.

Can't get into a game just keeps saying searching for optimal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm having the same problem. Add me if you want. Although I'm not very good :D

Psn: DuffyTJ

I'm having the same problem. Add me if you want. Although I'm not very good :D

Psn: DuffyTJ

Added. That will make 2 of us then :)

If I manage to get it tomorrow I'll definitely be up for MP anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

My first time playing this (xbox 360 convert to ps4 :D) and I'm absolutely hooked. How in the name of christ can one game pack so much immersion in to it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'd say I was the only 360 lad here last year who went out and bought a PS3 just to play this game.tempted to don't again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

First time player here, quick questions should I play the prequel chapter before the main story or does it contain spoilers? Does the survival pack make any difference to the story and if so can you opt out of it after installing? Cheers
    Add me on MP, might be a couple days before I venture online however!

ID markcahill1985

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

First time player here, quick questions should I play the prequel chapter before the main story or does it contain spoilers? Does the survival pack make any difference to the story and if so can you opt out of it after installing? Cheers

ID markcahill1985

I haven't played the prequel yet.
    I read a post on here that the prequel flashes and spoils part of the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

ID markcahill1985

No,do not play the prequel first.Its DLC hence it came out after the game was released which was for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

From the main menu, Selecting The Left Behind DLC states that you should finish the main story before starting it due to spoilers.

Advertisement