Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

F1ngers wrote: »
    I've just finished the game on hard,
    How am I going to finish the game on survival!
    ..:P

Christ I don't know!
    Got the shíte kicked out of me trying to get into the high school, now I'm in with 3 bullets, no supplies and feck all health. It's great, but it's hard to be consistently stealthy when they force you to be offensive at times
    Plus shiv doors! I know where they all are but I consciously have to either kill a clicker to get by, or try and save for a door so I can get ammo and supplies!

Still, I'm griping in a good way, like I'm enjoying the challenge at the same time.

Axwell wrote: »
    Xbox convert to ps4 here so my first time playing TLOU and really enjoying it. Looks fantastic on the ps4 too. Nearly finished the campaign id say so will play Left Behind and then ill be around for multiplayer too. Gamertag in signature below and have a mic so feel free to add me
    Oh yeah, nearly finished?

I thought the same at points, but it's a long game. Where are you? :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Oh yeah, nearly finished?

I thought the same at points, but it's a long game. Where are you? :p

Lol well yeah I am assuming so,
    I'm just after arriving into the city where the hospital is that you learn is where firefly have moved to. After Ellie butchers the freaky old dude in the town.

Axwell wrote: »
    Lol well yeah I am assuming so,
    I'm just after arriving into the city where the hospital is that you learn is where firefly have moved to. After Ellie butchers the freaky old dude in the town.

Yeah, it's coming to it.
    I thought David was a great character though, unexpectedly sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've just finished the game on hard,
    How am I going to finish the game on survival!
    ..:P

I've being avoiding conflict. Yesterday Ellie came over and gave me 3 rifle bullets. Was confused and then she gave me six shotgun bullets. Honestly she's now my fav game character ever.

• Advertisement

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Good craic online with keano and duffy. Very handy with mics as well. Just on week 1 Day 6 and picked a mission of downing 3 people with assault rifle..... Would be handy if I even had an assault rifle!! Won't unlock it for a while yet and then it's just a purchasable.

How do you get ranked? I just got a 1//.

Multiplayer is brilliant. Hard, but way more rewarding then usual cod shyte.

Sorry I couldn't tear myself from playing grounded mode. I'll defo play some multi tonight...after the pub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've being avoiding conflict. Yesterday Ellie came over and gave me 3 rifle bullets. Was confused and then she gave me six shotgun bullets. Honestly she's now my fav game character ever.

Definitely my favourite character of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool will def be on again tonight. How is Grounded so far?

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cool will def be on again tonight. How is Grounded so far?

Its tough but if u die its your fault. Its always fair. The toughest part is that the checkpoints have been extended so if u die in certain sections you restart further back. I find if you use a combination of steath and gunplay you will get more ammo drops from dead enemies. Keep all your shivs for supply doors and upgrade ur aiming asap. Also be mindful of your health, if you go into a fist battle with low health you will get nailed. I try and use the food pick ups instead of waisting supplies making health kits. Molatovs are crucial for killing large hordes of infected. Throw a glass bottle first to gather a few together then peg a Molotov after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Forgotten how much I enjoyed the multiplayer as I finished both hunter and survivour clan on ps3

Sadly my two day free trial is finished later today as I wont have money for ps plus for awhile :(

least I can play the singleplayer and dlc to one of if not my favourite games of last year :)

• Advertisement

Haven't played online yet but anybody who wants to add me PSN:Redzer7

Ah Christ, I keep remembering parts of the game that are gonna be a bitch to get by :p

Still loving it. Definitely would recommend hard if you've already played the game. Shakes things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Making tracks in the SP but I'm on Week 11 of the Firefly MP Journey, Cant get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Found the first clicker room easier than I remembered (the one in the skyscraper), but then I encountered the underground shopping mall/square thing after it. That took me a while because I wanted the extra stuff from the safe.

Anyone online now for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ill be online tonight. Havent played MP since the PS3 version so a proper noob.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ill be online tonight. Havent played MP since the PS3 version so a proper noob.

Exact same as myself, what's the psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Redzer and gav ye can add me sheehy83. Anyone make any good emblems? I tried to the make the Boards face like the one we have in the GTA Online Boards crew but you can't move any designs around, just running around with a Green Shamrock in Case ye cant figure out I'm Irish by my lovely accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Cant believe how good this single player mode is in this, played a good bit of it now and im afraid im close to the end but im hoping im not lol

I want to try mp but cant tear myself away from the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Cant believe how good this single player mode is in this, played a good bit of it now and im afraid im close to the end but im hoping im not lol

I want to try mp but cant tear myself away from the story!

What part are you at?

• Advertisement

Anyone finding it hard to find a match on factions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone finding it hard to find a match on factions?

Didn't have a look today, but did yesterday.

EDIT:
    Christ I don't know!
    Got the shíte kicked out of me trying to get into the high school, now I'm in with 3 bullets, no supplies and feck all health. It's great, but it's hard to be consistently stealthy when they force you to be offensive at times
    Plus shiv doors! I know where they all are but I consciously have to either kill a clicker to get by, or try and save for a door so I can get ammo and supplies!

Still, I'm griping in a good way, like I'm enjoying the challenge at the same time.

Tipping along in my Survivor+ walkthrough - so far, so good.
    Have just gotten to the hotel.

In the Gym against the
    bloater, I threw a molotov at him and took care of the two runners, by the time I turned back to the bloater he was a pile of ashes.
    :D

No big problems so far - have plenty of equipment, very short on pistol ammo though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through Left Behind, and it's really remarkable. Was caught off guard by how effective it was.

In many ways, it's even bolder than the main game - telling a character-driven story, and coming up with a lot of interesting, clever interactions to keep the player involved in the action. It's all pre-set, but it benefits from the consistency of characterisation and controlled drama that only author-driven stories can have.

It uses the flashback structure carefully to dive into Ellie's motivations and abilities, and makes fantastic use of editing to do so. The whole Ellie and Riley chapters are close to perfect - with no combat, the game instead focuses exclusively on a sense of discovery and adventure while exploring a poignant moment in a friendship.
    The water fight was a stroke of genius, as was the photo booth, as was the joke book
    - these are ways to keep the player in the game in original ways. I'd love to see Naughty Dog make a full game of that sort - I'm sure they have a whole host of similar ideas they could employ.

The Joel and Ellie section is more familiar, and sadly does build up towards a big combat section (although there's a few excellent moments where human and infected enemies fight each other, and you can use that to your advantage). But for the most part it's still very well told, urgent and interesting - using an existing scenario to really explore another side of a character.

Anyone who hasn't gotten around to it yet should definitely check it out, whether it's PS3 or PS4. It might be DLC, but there's some legitimately exciting experiments in there that Naughty Dog and others will hopefully experiment on. Perhaps more so than the main game, it suggests AAA developers could start stretching their narrative ambitions and use improved technology to tell some great stories.

Didn't have a look today, but did yesterday.

EDIT:

Tipping along in my Survivor+ walkthrough - so far, so good.
    Have just gotten to the hotel.

In the Gym against the
    bloater, I threw a molotov at him and took care of the two runners, by the time I turned back to the bloater he was a pile of ashes.

No big problems so far - have plenty of equipment, very short on pistol ammo though.

Yeah, rub it in :p

It's not so bad now, I'm just getting smarter in how I approach things. Still you can easily feck up and alert everyone, wrecking your perfect stealth streak. I'm also trying to fight my temptation to kill everyone in the level, instead of just killing the minimum and sneaking by.
    I'm in the hotel basement now. Christ. I know what's coming and I'm going to have to try and dodge the bloater... somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

It's not so bad now, I'm just getting smarter in how I approach things. Still you can easily feck up and alert everyone, wrecking your perfect stealth streak. I'm also trying to fight my temptation to kill everyone in the level, instead of just killing the minimum and sneaking by.
    I'm in the hotel basement now. Christ. I know what's coming and I'm going to have to try and dodge the bloater... somehow

Apparently the old RUN FOR YOUR LIFE tactic works in all difficulties on that last part :P I never felt fear like the first time I turned on that generator..

Have just fallen into the water just now.
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Apparently the old RUN FOR YOUR LIFE tactic works in all difficulties on that last part :P I never felt fear like the first time I turned on that generator..

Worked perfectly in my hard playthrough.

About to find out if it works on Survivor+.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Stop. I knew exactly what was going to happen the first time and I just stood there for ages looking at that fecking generator, too chicken shít to start it :p

I'm gonna try and leg it, but I have to find the key too. I can see myself having an aneurism darting around the place without a clue

It's hilarious seeing playthroughs of people playing that bit the first time and their reactions to it! :pac:

Stop. I knew exactly what was going to happen the first time and I just stood there for ages looking at that fecking generator, too chicken shít to start it :p

I'm gonna try and leg it, but I have to find the key too. I can see myself having an aneurism darting around the place without a clue

It's hilarious seeing playthroughs of people playing that bit the first time and their reactions to it! :pac:

Worked on Survivor playthrough, just about - had a sliver of health as I went through the door and one of the
    bloaters "bombs"
    landed behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

422nd wrote: »
    What part are you at?

Not sure how to use spoiler tags on phone haha dont want to say the county name i just reached in case it spoils it for people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not sure how to use spoiler tags on phone haha dont want to say the county name i just reached in case it spoils it for people!

Just type spoiler in [ ] and /spoiler in [ ]

Might pick it up tomorrow. I've already played through it twice on PS3, is it worth getting on PS4? Is it that big an upgrade visually?

Advertisement