Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm the same so going to trade in the PS3 version and some other game I haven't played in ages. Probably get a decent trade offer on the PS4 version when done

I haven't played it in since it was released so i keep telling myself i' won't remember what happens and it will be like a new game!

But it really is a fantastic game and with the added DLC i think it might be worth the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a cannot downloaded message in the single player free upgrades file on psn?

Yeah, I had the same messages. But when I go to 'my ad ons' it says that all have been installed.
    Not sure how to check if they are installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had a quick go last night, and the Sony PS4 headset was updated with a setting for The Last of Us as well, which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wes wrote: »
    Had a quick go last night, and the Sony PS4 headset was updated with a setting for The Last of Us as well, which was nice.

What was the updated setting for the headset?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What was the updated setting for the headset?

When, you open up the Headset App, and go to the PS4 headset, the Last of Us preset was available and some layout stuff was changed, and you just need to connect your headset to the PS4 to upload the Last of Us preset, and it will be option 2 on the headset, in case you unfamiliar on how to change the preset.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got mine there in XV, says Day One edition on a sticker on front, any idea what that is? Extra content or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fieldog wrote: »
    Got mine there in XV, says Day One edition on a sticker on front, any idea what that is? Extra content or something?

How much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Fieldog wrote: »

Second outfits for Joel and Ellie, bonus experience for online and a couple of other little bits like that. Nothing major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Started it just now and it looks great. Really don't like the 60fps cutscenes though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also got it, just got €20 trade in for the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Really don't like the 60fps cutscenes though

omg-owl.gif

Paging ShadowHearth and retr0gamer! We have a code RED!

Yeah, I had the same messages. But when I go to 'my ad ons' it says that all have been installed.
    Not sure how to check if they are installed.

Having the same issue here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This photo mode is bloody addictive

8i37VQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Skipped out of work to get it at lunch, wonder would it look dodge if I suddenly felt sick?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Picking this up later in Xtra-Vision - 9.99 with Watch Dogs trade in :D

Question for the guys who have played the game and DLC (no spoilers please!) - Would it be better from a story point of view to start with Left Behind before playing the main game or would it make any difference? It's a prequel from what I understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah but when you play the DLC it flashes forward to things that happen in the main story. I'd play the main story first definately.

That said I obviously don't know what it would be like to play the DLC first. When you get to the story you'd then see things that you had seen in the DLC and maybe think "Oh now I get it"

How much was it?

No idea actually, had it payed up already, according to the receipt it says 44.99 but I don't know did they count money I had payed off or what...

Chap on adverts seems to be best bet if not trading games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Otacon wrote: »
    omg-owl.gif

Paging ShadowHearth and retr0gamer! We have a code RED!

Don't care. I preferred the more cinematic feel of the 30fps cutscenes. I prefer the 60fps gameplay tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't care. I preferred the more cinematic feel of the 30fps cutscenes. I prefer the 60fps gameplay tho

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind at all.

Just ribbing the guys as they seemed to think you were touched in the head if you didn't like 60FPS over your own children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DarkJager wrote: »
    Picking this up later in Xtra-Vision - 9.99 with Watch Dogs trade in :D

Question for the guys who have played the game and DLC (no spoilers please!) - Would it be better from a story point of view to start with Left Behind before playing the main game or would it make any difference? It's a prequel from what I understand?

Definitely not. Left Behind says some major spoiler scenes in it. Best play the main story. Also, while Left Behind is good, it's a wee bit inconsequential and so it might feel a bit disappointing if you played it first imo.

This is my fear with it, I know 28fps is an average movie so I'm not sure what 60 in the cut scene's will be like...

I'll know in a few min's I suppose... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wasn't going to get this, but have read a lot of interesting things about Left Behind recently so said 'screw it!'. Traded in the PS3 version for twenty so €30 was an acceptable hit. Might finally try multiplayer this time around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah god damn it anyway. Doesn't look like TLOU is here and since I'm getting it delivered to work I doubt anyone is in here tomorrow checking post so no TLOU for me.

Cannot understand how some of ye in Ireland have it.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah god damn it anyway. Doesn't look like TLOU is here and since I'm getting it delivered to work I doubt anyone is in here tomorrow checking post so no TLOU for me.

Cannot understand how some of ye in Ireland have it.

Its out today here...

Where in the world are you?

My mate in Oz got a promo copy of it a few hours ago as he does work for Sony from time to time...

I'm in London.. I mean I don't understand how the irish lads here received a copy from Gamestop UK before I did.

They must be shipping from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm in London.. I mean I don't understand how the irish lads here received a copy from Gamestop UK before I did.

I believe the stuff from the UK site is still shipped from Swords.

Weird,

If you haven't it pre ordered maybe try an indie shop on the high Street or something?

Them lads always sell early they don't bow to street date's and the like... :)

My copy has been dispatched since Wednesday night. I'd be tempted to get it but I'll probably just leave it now :(

I'll check the post room before I leave work anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I believe the stuff from the UK site is still shipped from Swords.

Feck sake they ship from swords to Antrim and make me pay 3.50 to get it back to Dublin! Some saving though, with quidco it cost less than 40 euro delivered.

Advertisement