Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah crap.. maybe my copy is in work so.

No big deal anyway as I must finish off Dead Space 3 tonight... weekend for TLOU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

He/she ordered from GameStop UK. Mine is on the way from parcel motel now.

He :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Hey guys,

Smartspot on Level 1 in the Square Shopping Centre Tallaght are now selling this game for €47.99 or for only €5 when you trade in any full price Xbox One or PS4 game.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Might be this that pushes me to finally get the ps4 lads :P Cant have ye playing Multi without me boys. I'm a vital member of the team that played a full game of supply raid without dropping a life..
    Will I get much off if I trade in a fine slim ps3 and a game or 30? :P

About time Timmy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Just off the phone to smartspot in navan and they are selling the game now. Rang gamestop to make them aware of this (as I have a preorder with them) and they won't release the game till tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Smartspot on Level 1 in the Square Shopping Centre Tallaght are now selling this game for €47.99 or for only €5 when you trade in any full price Xbox One or PS4 game.

Open from 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, first come first served basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else getting a cannot downloaded message in the single player free upgrades file on psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a cannot downloaded message in the single player free upgrades file on psn?

Maybe they aren't live on the store til after 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Day 1 Edition waiting for me in HMV tomorrow after work, followed by long weekend with no prior commitments. Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just played another 3 hours SP on Survivor. I hate stealth games but it really works on this. Played through normal & hard (PS3) but Survivor plays completely different,
    I've got through sections I'd generally have trouble with without a scratch. Mind you it's taking me 20 minutes to get through an area that would normally take 5.
    I'm ecstatic when I find a bottle or brick. Fired just 5 bullets so far and have 100% accuracy. Been running round with a sliver of health for the last hour. Just got into a new section and my health regenerated fully. Nearly started crying.
    Think it will probably get frustrating in some of the forced combat sections later on but for now survivor seems the way to play. Grounded can go f**k off however, this is stressful enough and I don't need it for the platinum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My Gamestop uk copy is in a parcel motel locker since 9. I'm in the pub since 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sweetie wrote: »
    My Gamestop uk copy is in a parcel motel locker since 9. I'm in the pub since 9!

First World Problems:D

My copy shipped from Zavvi on Tuesday, will either be here tomorrow or Tuesday, more likely Tuesday. As I mentioned earlier in the thread though this isn't a problem as I am at Nom-Con from tomorrow until Sunday and probably won't be able to play until Tuesday anyway, if my brother doesn't steal my PS4 as he has decided to wait for a white one:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Grounded can go f**k off however, this is stressful enough and I don't need it for the platinum.

Is it definite that the dlc trophies aren't needed for the platinum as they are all on disc from the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What's the difference of day one edition and the standard edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I thought it was unlocked on ps store at midnight, seems to be 1am so cant be arsed waiting up for that! Its fully downloaded and all, tomorrow night i guess i can wait until!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought it was unlocked on ps store at midnight, seems to be 1am so cant be arsed waiting up for that! Its fully downloaded and all, tomorrow night i guess i can wait until!

Yup, it unlocks at 12am GMT, but we are currently on BST which is an hour ahead so 1am is when it unlocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ended up getting all my mario kart 8 trade in on a gift card no problems what so ever. €45.50 delighted with that. Just need to add €4.50 and thats it.

Bring on the last of us tomorrow !!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is it definite that the dlc trophies aren't needed for the platinum as they are all on disc from the beginning?

Good point. God I hope not as much as I'm currently enjoying it, I can't see Grounded being a barrel of laughs

Actually just checked before heading into work and the grounded trophy is on a seperate list to the platinum.....yay!.

Can anyone tell me if the Multi-player trophies are hard to get? Have a vague recollection that I had nearly cleared one faction but because I (barely) missed a challenge it put me back to square one and I lost the will to live. Didn't play a whole lot of MP although I had been enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thank god its a bank holiday as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

What faction are people picking for the multiplayer? I went with Hunters to start with but if everyone else is on firefly, I should be done with the hunter side of things in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

It doesn't matter what faction you are in.

The only difference between factions is the way the story plays out.

People from different factions can play online together.

tok9 wrote: »

Ah cool cheers, wasn't sure. Remember trying to figure it out when I was playing on PS3. COuldn't remember if it mattered. Thought it might be like MAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »

I thought Hunters couldn't play on the same team as Firefly's? I was gonna check which one some of you are picking alright. Can't wait to play this after work!

I can't see it making a difference which faction you are in. It would be a nightmare from a matchmaking perspective. I've never been kicked or not allowed into a team because of a faction conflict.

Ah it's interesting, my team were always hunters so assumed it was like MAG in that you are limited but seems that the game will always show your team as whatever faction you are in but it's purely aesthetic, so I could be playing seeing my teams as hunters but if someone on my team is a firefly they'll see the team as fireflies. Interseting.

taken from US Playstation site
    Choosing a Faction
    This option is purely aesthetic to you, and only you. What that means is depending upon whatever faction you choose, the game will always display people on your team as whatever faction you are, and the enemy as the other. It takes no account of what faction other players chose. So if you picked Hunters and your friend picked Fireflies, you will still be able to group without issue. Ultimately, pick whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Soon! Work can't end quick enough! Wanna finish it on Survivor ASAP then on to MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Not sure if i should get this or not.

I had it on the PS3 and loved it, i never played any of the DLC. I have Second Son which i haven't played in months so i'm thinking of trading it in and playing through TLOU again over the weekend.

Does anyone know if the DLC is any good, does it add many hours to the game?

The single player DLC adds about 3-4 hours I think and it's really good.

The MP dlc are new maps.

I'm purchasing it because I plan on playing it through grounded and I'll be playing a load of the multiplayer.

But If you're not into the MP then I'm honestly not sure if it's worth a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure if i should get this or not.

I had it on the PS3 and loved it, i never played any of the DLC. I have Second Son which i haven't played in months so i'm thinking of trading it in and playing through TLOU again over the weekend.

Does anyone know if the DLC is any good, does it add many hours to the game?

I'm the same so going to trade in the PS3 version and some other game I haven't played in ages. Probably get a decent trade offer on the PS4 version when done

• Advertisement

I got the DLC on PS3 and while it was good it didn't really hold my attention the way the main game did. I would certainly recommend the remastered version however. Normally shiny new graphics wouldn't do it for me but they're just so shiny & new.

Advertisement