Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The character animations are spectacular - not just the protagonists either, the enemies move fluidly too, like the guy who threw the Molotov.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I love the back and forth cat and mouse with the other survivors. Something so small but a nice change from the usual unwavering attempts to kill you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thought there was a thread here for it, but could only find the one in the Zombie forum.

Seriously looking forward to this:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TLOU threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thats weird, there was a huge thread here but it's showing up an error message when you try to link to it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056471961

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Happened for me too, but I got them merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Game looks brilliant imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

out next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Aye, spring apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It better not come out the same day as gta 5 :pac:

• Advertisement

It better not come out the same day as gta 4 :pac:

That'd have to be 4 years ago ;)

cloud493 wrote: »
    That'd have to be 4 years ago ;)

Thats what I said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Been waiting for this since uncharted 3, can't wait for launch day, really looking forward to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

think I might just have to buy a ps3 for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

New trailer just shown at the vga's, amazing! Release date announced - 7th May in America so I presume 10th May here!!!! Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

mystic86 wrote: »
    New trailer just shown at the vga's, amazing! Release date announced - 7th May in America so I presume 10th May here!!!! Can't wait
    Any links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently the 7th May is Europe and North America :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

danthefan wrote: »

Looks amazing, can't bloody wait, I hope there is a midnight opening cause this is one I will actually go to!

Vid up on youtube, so class.

• Advertisement

8251473663_e05bc33f44.jpg

Also, Preorder info was released. I wonder what the MP will be like. Kind imaging it like the Uncharted MP.
    Following the new story trailer at the VGA’s, Sony is looking to keep news for The Last of Us flowing. The PS Blog has released information regarding the game’s current pre-order bonuses. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes the following:
    • The official soundtrack of the game
    • A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
    • Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
    As usual, GameStop is being given exclusive bonuses in order to draw in more customers. In addition to the Sights and Sound Pack, a pre-order at GameStop will net you the Survival Pack. Here’s what you’ll find in the Survival Pack:
    • Bonus experience points for multiplayer
    • A multiplayer melee attack booster
    • Some extra starting in-game cash
    • Special customizable character items for multiplayer
    • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
    In case GameStop’s bonus content made you double take, earlier this year we received confirmation that a multiplayer mode would be included in The Last of Us, and it’s not campaign co-op. With GameStop outing their multiplayer-based pre-order bonus and the PS Blog stating that, while they aren’t quite ready to talk about it, they will be revealing details in the near future.

Multiplayer!

Not-Sure-If-Want_500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Otacon wrote: »
    Multiplayer!

Not-Sure-If-Want_500x500.jpg

No idea why people always give out about multiplayer in games like this. It doesn't impact on the quality of the single player as there are two different teams.developing it, and if you don't want to play it just don't play it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

No idea why people always give out about multiplayer in games like this. It doesn't impact on the quality of the single player as there are two different teams.developing it, and if you don't want to play it just don't play it :/

it really really does affect the quality of the single player experience generally, just because there is 2 teams doesn't mean there are 2 full teams with unlimited resources. it would mean money was pumped in to the multi instead of single player.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Multiplayer or not it looks like a very good game with an interesting plot.
    Hopefully it will be as good as the trailers and hype, looking forward to it :)

It's not that I think the SP will be impacted, more that I'm not sure that given the game-play we've seen that MP really suits this.

A co-op campaign would have been OK, but competitive MP just doesn't seem to fit this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

it really really does affect the quality of the single player experience generally, just because there is 2 teams doesn't mean there are 2 full teams with unlimited resources. it would mean money was pumped in to the multi instead of single player.;)

Pretty sure the budget of a game goes up if you are to include multiplayer due to potential extra gain from DLC, Season Passes, Micro transactions etc.

Only reason for the multiplayer is to make people pay for an online pass :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I can't wait for this game! Roll on the 7th of May

Advertisement