Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The demo of us comes with god of war ascension, can't wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

cloud493 wrote: »
    The demo of us comes with god of war ascension, can't wait to get stuck in.

Demo doesn't go live for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah, if you select the demo from Ascension's menu, you get a holding screen with a countdown clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Demo doesn't go live for a few months.

A few months! Jesus I'd be annoyed enough if I was going out to buy GOW for it and see a countdown.

77 days :eek: thats like, two weeks before the game bloody comes out, thats mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

77 days :eek: thats like, two weeks before the game bloody comes out, thats mad.

Indeed. But Naughty Dog are being secretive about TLoU, which I think is the way to go after the disaster that was the six month long Uncharted 3 spoiler fest.

I probably won't even keep this game for 77 days :( That is crazy, I am well gutted.

While it's definitely annoying if you were looking forward to it. A demo's job is to sell the product.

From the sounds of it, you're already sold! :D

I'm so sold, I'm gonna fork out for one of them cool special editions :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

90 days to go! :)

• Advertisement

50 days to go!!! :)

yes, I know, I'm sad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really weird, the original thread in the post above shows an invalid link. Can a Mod look at that and merge this if it is still there?

Anyway, Gamesnash.ie have this up for preorder

http://gamesnash.ie/ps3-all-new-games-c-58_28/the-last-of-us-ps3-pre-order-with-lowest-price-guarantee-p-2759.html?zenid=katpj54ub5usqne2meiajb98o0

The dev series vids are class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Original thread is here.

Thanks for the heads up about the pre-order

Weird Boards Searc or google couldn't find this thread. thanks Deano for the link!

Gamesnash.ie have this up for preorder

http://gamesnash.ie/ps3-all-new-game...qne2meiajb98o0

I'm going to go for one of them fancy copies of the game. So excited :D

Ordering from Gamesnash with express delivery to guarantee delivery on launch day works out at 54 euro... which compared to from gamestop with express delivery is slightly cheaper (~1.50), so I would order from Gamesnash... except gamestop online with express delivery sometimes deliver the game the day before release day!! Happened me with Uncharted 3! So for that reason I'd have to go with Gamestop!

On Gamesnash it's 49.99 euro including regular post. I get all my games using regular post and most arrived on release day. 1 was delayed by a day but it was due to a shipping company delay. I got about 3 games the day before release day.

I remember when the game was announced it was getting huge buzz but it seems to have fizzled out a lot. Devs announced the campaign will be between 12 - 16 hours long and all future DLC will be for multiplayer only.

I think delaying it was the wrong move. I know they said about polishing it blah blah but this is the third delay?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    On Gamesnash it's 49.99 euro including regular post. I get all my games using regular post and most arrived on release day. 1 was delayed by a day but it was due to a shipping company delay. I got about 3 games the day before release day.

Interesting... with normal post you got 3 the day before?!
    I remember when the game was announced it was getting huge buzz but it seems to have fizzled out a lot.

Really? I don't know about that... I'd have to disagree
    all future DLC will be for multiplayer only.

Interesting, source?

I think delaying it was the wrong move. I know they said about polishing it blah blah but this is the third delay?

Blah blah blah? Ya, who cares about releasing a game thats incomplete and full of bugs right? :rolleyes:

also, 3rd delay?

• Advertisement

I don't see an issue with that. Same as the Uncharted series, only multiplayer dlc.

As long as the campaign is good I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like multiplayer dlc. That way I can buy the game near launch without missing out on anything I'm interested in

Has there been any news about the multiplayer? would be a shame if it was usual deathmatch stuff like uncharted. Hopefully you can control the infected as well as good/bad guys and some co-op levels would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Apparently, spoilers for The Last of Us have been posted online. If you are like me and would prefer to experience the game without the story being ruined for you, be weary what sites you visit.

If anyone spoils it here, I will… get very angry and write a post telling you how angry I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Apparently, spoilers for The Last of Us have been posted online. If you are like me and would prefer to experience the game without the story being ruined for you, be weary what sites you visit.

If anyone spoils it here, I will… get very angry and write a post telling you how angry I am.

Turns out it's a walking dead sequel, and Joels real name is Carl.

All the cut scene names were released (ie Chapter 9 The Part Where He Kills You) which is a bit worse than all the trophy names as far as spoilers go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Varik wrote: »
    Turns out it's a walking dead sequel, and Joels real name is Carl.

All the cut scene names were released (ie Chapter 9 The Part Where He Kills You) which is a bit worse than all the trophy names as far as spoilers go.

Or "Chapter 76 - Joel Re-armed" being a subtle reference to Joel losing his arm and having it replaces Bionic Commando style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Or "Chapter 76 - Joel Re-armed" being a subtle reference to Joel losing his arm and having it replaces Bionic Commando style.
    The reattached wife-arm hosting the soul of Lori.

Only 37 days to go!

If it released when it was originally meant to I would be finished it by now!

You can listen to snippets of each of the songs from the soundtrack here:

http://tech-ticker.com/listen-to-last-of-us-soundtrack/

Time to place my pre-order

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    Only 37 days to go!

If it released when it was originally meant to I would be finished it by now!

You can listen to snippets of each of the songs from the soundtrack here:

http://tech-ticker.com/listen-to-last-of-us-soundtrack/

Time to place my pre-order

Be careful though. Haven't read them myself but some of the titles give away some spoilers. Not sure how big they are.

Advertisement