Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Never knew Mario Rosenstock was a guard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Never knew Mario Rosenstock was a guard.....

Drafted in on the busy days to confuse drunks no end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭EireGun

Scooby Forester traffic stop

BMW 5 series - note double mirrors on door

11 year old Avensis - strong cars
    Attached Images
    Mar20 13 SN 110.jpg (2.01 MB, 140 views)
    Mar20 13 SN 097.jpg (1.97 MB, 132 views)
    Mar20 13 SN 087.jpg (912.4 KB, 129 views)

What's the BMW up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

EireGun wrote: »
    What's the BMW up to?

Probably vip transport for Enda or some other clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

What's the BMW up to?
    Probably vip transport for Enda or some other clown

Waiting outside MPW restaurant with Lexus GS450 riding shotgun behind, didn't see who was in the 525d :o

• Advertisement

Capri wrote: »
    Waiting outside MPW restaurant with Lexus GS450 riding shotgun behind, didn't see who was in the 525d :o

Thanks.

Cartell.ie...
    Registration 11D28536
    Make BMW
    Model 520
    Description D SE FW12 4DR AUTO
    Fuel Type DIESEL

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

What's the BMW up to?

Can't see the pictures can someone post the links?

POGAN wrote: »
    Can't see the pictures can someone post the links?

Sorry, it's from the actual picture thread here (4th last post, 2nd link in that post): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055424268&page=91

Link to file: https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/77065/245691.jpg

Probably not one of ours then. The Lexus, yes.

Sorry, it's from the actual picture thread here (4th last post, 2nd link in that post): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055424268&page=91

Link to file: [URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/77065/245691.jpg[/URL]

Thanks mate just saw them, forester was in the castle last day I was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

Thanks mate just saw them, forester was in the castle last day I was there
    The forester would of been a star of traffic blues.It featured on it regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's been a fair few years now since Forresters were the choice of TC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

flazio wrote: »

I think they still have at least one. I saw a forrester flying along on Blues in the IFSC during the tall ships festival last year

flazio wrote: »

Remember the white Traffic Maximas ? , gave g/box probs AFIR :(

MarkMc wrote: »
    I think they still have at least one. I saw a forrester flying along on Blues in the IFSC during the tall ships festival last year

Yeah, the one in the pic being talked about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I seen that exact forester in the Lucan petrol garage there the other night. judging by the pic I think the same guard was driving it aswell:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I wanted to add some photos to my photo album so I could put them on the vehicle gallery thread, but when I go to the user control panel I no longer have a link to pictures and albums!!!! What!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I wanted to add some photos to my photo album so I could put them on the vehicle gallery thread, but when I go to the user control panel I no longer have a link to pictures and albums!!!! What!

Photo Album feature has been removed afaik. I use photo bucket, then add the image links in

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

From Capri, in photo thread: Bound to happen - likely Avensis was using probably Luas tracks and didn't stop for (---) Luas stop light - nearly had one myself at Beresford Pl / Abbey st , Transit drove straight thru (---) Luas stop light - I had the green light !mad.png
    Think I'll have to get my dash cam, as 'accidents happen' but WHO'll get the blame ???

That's possible, but could have been a UT, or the other vehicle may have broke the lights etc. etc.

Lets hope the members are okay.

From Capri, in photo thread: Bound to happen - likely Avensis was using probably Luas tracks and didn't stop for (---) Luas stop light - nearly had one myself at Beresford Pl / Abbey st , Transit drove straight thru (---) Luas stop light - I had the green light !mad.png
    Think I'll have to get my dash cam, as 'accidents happen' but WHO'll get the blame ???

That's possible, but could have been a UT, or the other vehicle may have broke the lights etc. etc.

One vehicle was overturned on the tracks just outside the Abbey Theatre and a marked garda car was also involved in the incident. The Luas was not involved.

No was serious injured. Thank god

• Advertisement

ALL things are possible but the balance of probabilities based on what I see every day is
    1) Garda car not exercising care / talking on mobile when driving on Luas track
    2) Other vehicle broke lights / talking on mobile
    3) I presume you meant that you hoped ALL involved in the accident were ok ?? :(

No doubt the GSOC will get to the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

No doubt the GSOC will get to the truth

GSOC not getting involved because it was a routine collision according to the journal.

timmywex wrote: »
    GSOC not getting involved because it was a routine collision according to the journal.

No gsoc needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

No gsoc needed

Do the Traffic Corps deal with that then?

Do the Traffic Corps deal with that then?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

But on a serious note, a Sergeant investigates it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

But on a serious note, a Sergeant investigates it.

Foreign you'd loved to be in traffic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

New 131 traffic corps mondeos not going for the grey/silver colour under the Garda fluorescents ? Wonder why ? They bother with it on the avensis's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

3fullback wrote: »
    New 131 traffic corps mondeos not going for the grey/silver colour under the Garda fluorescents ? Wonder why ? They bother with it on the avensis's ?

Apparently the Avensises (Avensi?) were grey because Toyota couldnt supply enough white cars on demand. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Really I presumed it was for detection purposes, ie. harder to spot in rear view mirror. I had heard this was the case in England, but why now change a year later, it irritates me why there are so many different makes and models of marked cars, i would prefer a more uniformed approach as i believe its more professional, as for unmarked cars i believe there should be as many different makes as possible !

Also remove them god for saken wastes of money 1.4's (Yaris, corolla's etc.) There a joke, community policing or what its like showing up to a gun fight with a spud gun ! (In situations when then might be need outside of CP)

Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

3fullback wrote: »
    Really I presumed it was for detection purposes, ie. harder to spot in rear view mirror. I had heard this was the case in England, but why now change a year later, it irritates me why there are so many different makes and models of marked cars, i would prefer a more uniformed approach as i believe its more professional, as for unmarked cars i believe there should be as many different makes as possible !

Also remove them god for saken wastes of money 1.4's (Yaris, corolla's etc.) There a joke, community policing or what its like showing up to a gun fight with a spud gun ! (In situations when then might be need outside of CP)

Rant over
    They did it in the UK to increase resale value. Silver, grey and black are much more popular colours than White. Its nothing to do with how easily spotted they are. Most UK cars are absolutly plastered in Battenburg markings so it wouldnt make much sense if they were trying to evade detection.

Advertisement