Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Excellent pictures well done. i have to wonder what the lads in that garage were doing with their time between the purchase of the Toyotas and Fords.

Also does anyone know how long it takes to kit out one of the marked patrol cars with transfers, aerials, radio, lights etc?

It must be frightening though taking a drill to a brand new car.

Where is this garage, is it Garda HQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

cheers dunner15

anyone know when were gettin em into stations?

WilcoOut wrote: »
    cheers dunner15

anyone know when were gettin em into stations?

There are quite a few of the Ford estates on the roads in Cork city, so cannot be much longer.

flazio wrote: »
    Liking the blue lights on the Focuses, looks well.
    Are the Connects meant for detainee transport? Bit cramped aren't they?

I for one would not be overly concerned as to the accomodation in the back of these vans. People have a very easy way of staying out them.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

kub wrote: »

There are quite a few of the Ford estates on the roads in Cork city, so cannot be much longer.

I taught cork city only had two new cars cobh and togher. Is there more? :)

Great photos **snip**

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Where is this garage, is it Garda HQ?

If you don't know where it is, you don't need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

not a fan of the connect vans myself

handling cornering is awful!!!!!!

any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

Arsehole of a reply.

any thoughts?

It's a van.

any thoughts?

Well I know the idea having smaller van of connect is better because they took the back seats out of transit no point with the bigger vans

I do like the 11 regs vans tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It's a van.

Aren't you all cool with your witty replies. Why don't you grow up a bit.

Hogzy wrote: »

I did, 20 years ago. Its a van, not a rally car. Its built to carry cargo, not break lap records.

My nephew thinks I'm cool too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Back to some reasonable discussion please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

flazio wrote: »
    Liking the blue lights on the Focuses, looks well.
    Are the Connects meant for detainee transport? Bit cramped aren't they?

They are meant for pretty much everything and yes, cramped is one word I would use when trying to stuff a 6ft odd lad going mental into the back of them. The other words...well, im not allowed use them here.:)

Hogzy wrote: »

In fairness I would have replied with the same answer if Goldie hadn't already. Just because they have blue lights and sirens on them doesn't make them as agile as a patrol car.

POGAN wrote: »
    I taught cork city only had two new cars cobh and togher. Is there more? :)

Great photos **snip**

Its got a few more than what Mallow has anyway ;)

Its got a few more than what Mallow has anyway ;)

So true, Not hard that way anyway ;)

I'm guessing those photos are from Wilker (and not Primo, as someone said earlier)? I think Wilker are the ones who do most of the Garda stuff, no?

Looks like a pretty cool place. Massive, too, from the look of things. Would love to pop down with the camera some day, myself.

Dunner515, are you involved with Wilker/Primo (or whoever's place that is) or are you just a curious mind who popped in on the way by?

(just trying to figure out, if I were to contact them would they be receptive to a photographer popping down or would they tell me to feck off).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Is it not The Depot or something similar, in the Phoenix Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

bravestar wrote: »
    They are meant for pretty much everything and yes, cramped is one word I would use when trying to stuff a 6ft odd lad going mental into the back of them. The other words...well, im not allowed use them here.:)

Victoria police divvy van - VERY cramped but VERY fast

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f67/holden-ute-new-divisional-van-victorian-police-84132/

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »

Yup it is

donvito99 wrote: »

Think the cars are shipped into Wilker as plain everyday Joe Soap cars, get a bit of an overhaul (lights, decals, etc.) and then get sent to Dublin Castle where they get a look over to ensure they're okay and then distributed to whichever stations need them?

I'm not involved with AGS though, so that's just me guessing what the process could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Think the cars are shipped into Wilker as plain everyday Joe Soap cars, get a bit of an overhaul (lights, decals, etc.) and then get sent to Dublin Castle where they get a look over to ensure they're okay and then distributed to whichever stations need them?

I'm not involved with AGS though, so that's just me guessing what the process could be.

No room to park them in the castle , barely enough room in the yard for the Traffic Corps :rolleyes:
    Plenty of open space up in the depot :)

And that is the response i got from someone, obviously very important, when i posed that same question a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

What part of Blanch is the Police Omega in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

What part of Blanch is the Police Omega in ?

Someone thinks it's a Vuaxhall Senator, no idea myself what it is. It was parked up in the tyre place near the Fire Station, beside the topaz garage but it's several months since I took the picture. Fairly sure, the tyre place/ car sales place has changed hands and/or businesses since I took the pictures, either way have not seen the car in ages.

Just a side note, I have loads of pictures that I have taken over the last year or so, but I have only been shown how to post them properly recently. So I have a few more posts to add over the next while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cartell says its a 1991 Vauxhall Senator, 3.0l petrol

(year edited to correct)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Someone thinks it's a Vuaxhall Senator, no idea myself what it is. It was parked up in the tyre place near the Fire Station, beside the topaz garage but it's several months since I took the picture. Fairly sure, the tyre place/ car sales place has changed hands and/or businesses since I took the pictures, either way have not seen the car in ages.

Just a side note, I have loads of pictures that I have taken over the last year or so, but I have only been shown how to post them properly recently. So I have a few more posts to add over the next while :)

Ah the old Renault Garage, now Atlas.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Ah the old Renault Garage, now Atlas.

That's it yeah, think it was something before Atlas that's when I saw the squad car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

MarkMc wrote: »
    Cartell says its a 1974 Vauxhall Senator, 3.0l petrol

Can't be that old. I'd say late 80s although I don't really know for sure. Essentially a LWB Omega.

Advertisement