Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Can't be that old. I'd say late 80s although I don't really know for sure. Essentially a LWB Omega.

No way it's 1974, the Senator was fist launched in 1978. It's a second generation model Senator anyway, so it would have been registered in the late 80's as Terrontress says. Sometime between 1987 - 1993.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

My mistake may not be 74, I saw the 74 in the plate and mistook it

Edit, its actually 1991

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83382891&postcount=1345

Great Photos king, that very clean mondeo with anpr surprise its 06 most them are gone off the road?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83388950&postcount=1346

they are normally compol units use these or rural stations not on patrol like normal regular cars on the road 18-22 hours a day, lot these wouldnt have alot mileage on them as there was good few cars around that time but now most these will now have high mileage i would bet as there huge lose of cars daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

POGAN wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83382891&postcount=1345

Great Photos king, that very clean mondeo with anpr surprise its 06 most them are gone off the road?

Thanks. I took those shots about 6 months ago so who knows, it might have hit 300,000 by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 onmia

Just as you mention 300k , i saw a 01 Toyota camry in lucan village yesterday , fitted out with extra leds and strobes in the light clusters and anpr .
    That cant be far of the 300k mark ? or is it because of its high power an exception may have been made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

onmia wrote: »
    Just as you mention 300k , i saw a 01 Toyota camry in lucan village yesterday , fitted out with extra leds and strobes in the light clusters and anpr .
    That cant be far of the 300k mark ? or is it because of its high power an exception may have been made ?

I've seen a Camry like that around Finglas too. Also saw an 02 Traffic Corp Mondeo parked up on Parnell Street about a month ago. How has that managed to stay on the road so long?

I've seen a Camry like that around Finglas too. Also saw an 02 Traffic Corp Mondeo parked up on Parnell Street about a month ago. How has that managed to stay on the road so long?

Ya that marked traffic mondeo must being somewhere that didnt do any mileage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

quick question, do the roof markings designate which station/region the patrol car is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Possibly a 9-5er that's not used 24/7. There's a shiny 03(?) red Mondeo V6 Zetec S http://www.carpages.co.uk/ford/ford_mondeo_powers_into_2003_20_11_02.asp around D2, bit of polish on it usually, must be allocated to one unit :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

-aurora wrote: »
    quick question, do the roof markings designate which station/region the patrol car is from?
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

That's great to see the PSNI catch those joyriders. If you look up YouTube and search DHLA, they seem to get away with joyriding with complete impunity. There are videos where the joyriders decamp from cars when the police think about it, think better of it, get back in and ram the Land Rover. The bystanders all start to attack the police vehicles when they slow down.

I was first led to these videos by some Republican on the Politics board, citing PSNI recklessness and intolerance when after 10 minutes, the Land Rover finally rams the stolen Isuzu Trooper.

Sinn Fein have bred such hatred of the police in to these areas that it can't be switched off. The sheer numbers of bystanders joining in the attacks is shocking.

I'm sure an armoured Vectra must be tough to drive, never mind a Pangolin or Tangi.

No
    Do you know what they are for then?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 onmia

ID from above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

That's great to see the PSNI catch those joyriders. If you look up YouTube and search DHLA, they seem to get away with joyriding with complete impunity. There are videos where the joyriders decamp from cars when the police think about it, think better of it, get back in and ram the Land Rover. The bystanders all start to attack the police vehicles when they slow down.

I was first led to these videos by some Republican on the Politics board, citing PSNI recklessness and intolerance when after 10 minutes, the Land Rover finally rams the stolen Isuzu Trooper.

Sinn Fein have bred such hatred of the police in to these areas that it can't be switched off. The sheer numbers of bystanders joining in the attacks is shocking.

I'm sure an armoured Vectra must be tough to drive, never mind a Pangolin or Tangi.

If you have a link to this video post it in the no pic no post thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Better than the GASU saying "white mondeo with blue strobes, take next left turn..."

OK I knew it was for identification from helicopters etc, that's pretty obvious, I was wondering did the letters actually represent a specific jurisdiction/type of unit or were they simply a sequence more like a serial number. I know the brits have different numbers/letters/markings on the roofs for different units be it traffic/armed/eod etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I don't think you'll get a reply to that question as I don't believe that information is in the public domain.

I don't think you'll get a reply to that question as I don't believe that information is in the public domain.
    True, That's fair enough

OK I knew it was for identification from helicopters etc, that's pretty obvious, I was wondering did the letters actually represent a specific jurisdiction/type of unit or were they simply a sequence more like a serial number. I know the brits have different numbers/letters/markings on the roofs for different units be it traffic/armed/eod etc.

They are purely to identify the car. Doesn't identify units etc.

• Advertisement

Haven't been on this forum much recently, unfortunately. Just seen the knacker bag videos with the joy riding and PSNI getting involved.

Are the PSNI over-stretched in NI? I'm not really familiar with the situation up there to be completely honest, but a single slow-ass riot jeep wandering into a crowded street and tediously following scummers who are literally running rings around them isn't very reassuring. I'd always looked at the Met Police as being much tougher and hardened than AGS, I'd assumed that would've carried over to the PSNI aswell?

I know NI is riddled with problems, and has been for years, but surely a better Police response to that kind of stuff would inevitably sort it out, no? I'm not a believer in "a better police presence will prevent crime" in the sense that having Police wandering around will do any good, but surely when they do respond to these things, it should be in serious numbers and they should do some real damage?

Plow the stolen car off the road and baton charge anyone standing in their way. Make as many arrests as possible (and work with the judicial system to ensure hefty sentences are handed down on everyone arrested). Maybe I've a warped view of things, but surely that'd knock a bit of cop-on into these people much quicker than the current approach (show up, but don't really do anything and never leave the jeep*).

It seems a tad pointless?

It must also cost a fortune getting those jeeps custom-made up and then having to constantly repair them? A local mechanic must be living pretty well with that contract.

*(don't get me wrong, if I were an officer in those videos I wouldn't be leaving the jeep; wouldn't be worth it for any wage, but with a proper amount of Police storming the scene at once, the PSNI would take control of that situation fairly swiftly I'd imagine).

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

The Police in Northern Ireland have a very complex relationship in the different communities as I'm sure you understand so they have to thread carefully. On one hand if they did nothing, members of the community would be complaining the police aren't tackling antisocial behaviour, yet as you can hear from the woman in the video, when they do tackle it, they risk getting mobbed by the community claiming they're being heavyhanded and hurting the joyrider in the car. Catch 22 situation really. To most outsiders, the more you learn about the situation in Northern Ireland the more confused you get!
    With regards maintenance, all mechanical work is done inhouse, those landrovers can take a fair whack without getting damaged, so I'd say the normal vectra/mondeo patrol cars have bigger repair bills than the jeeps.

'HSE Doctor' Superb 05C , are they buying s/h or has it been dressed up that long ?

Q - Are unmarked cars photos allowed here, or is it a grey area ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Capri wrote: »
    'HSE Doctor' Superb 05C , are they buying s/h or has it been dressed up that long ?

As a rule of thumb don't post if its not a common one :) And possibly blur/blank the reg in any case

isnt that the car belong to CUH doctor was at the plane crash last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

POGAN wrote: »
    isnt that the car belong to CUH doctor was at the plane crash last year

On the ball as usual Pogan

timmywex wrote: »
    As a rule of thumb don't post if its not a common one :) And possibly blur/blank the reg in any case

Done - Pajero marked up but no roof light bar , basic spec Land Cruiser , and Vectra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Done - Pajero marked up but no roof light bar , basic spec Land Cruiser , and Vectra

Is that pajero a dog wagon, see the vents on the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

source wrote: »

Is that pajero a dog wagon, see the vents on the roof.

Yup it is

• Advertisement

Like the idea of dog unit jeep but don't get the reason for no light bar, I know Managment don't like the idea of them in estate cars why I'd never know works well in the uk

Advertisement