Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Busy day here in Galway, "RESCUE 118" Sligo based Sikorsky S61N EI-GCE Departs Galway Hospital 26/12/12.

2282C27AEE6B41AEB494F0C952CA8C07-0000344897-0003111829-00800L-D72F4C584B7F401992A1E9EE954110F7.jpg

It brought a stemi in from Sligo General.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82536684&postcount=1326

Surely that post can't be right? I find it doubtful that a Garda car would be lifted solely for being in a designated bus space? Garda cars are exempt from the Traffic Act, so surely they can park where they like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

KKV wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82536684&postcount=1326

Surely that post can't be right? I find it doubtful that a Garda car would be lifted solely for being in a designated bus space? Garda cars are exempt from the Traffic Act, so surely they can park where they like.

I'd imagine it broke down. That looks like a recovery vehicle rather than a towing vehicle. Also, I'd imagine its an offence to impound a marked Garda vehicle

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

It brought a stemi in from Sligo General.

How do ya know?

MarkMc wrote: »
    I'd imagine it broke down. That looks like a recovery vehicle rather than a towing vehicle. Also, I'd imagine its an offence to impound a marked Garda vehicle

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself, actually (breakdown).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Interfering with a Garda vehicle including towing it or clamping it could get your arrested.

Whether no not your are convicted in court is another matter but there is a power of arrest for obstructing a Garda in the course of his duty.

Impounding or clamping a Garda vehicle would definitely fall under the terms of obstructing a Garda in the course of his duty, If the Garda was using that vehicle in the course of his duty.

Power of arrest comes from Section 24 Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

antichrist wrote: »

How do ya know?

I work for NAS in the northwest.

The new PTS crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Story with the Aer Corps helicopter and 2 NAS ambo's on the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

One Ambulance broke down between B'sloe and Galway. Helipcopter was only up the road so they transferred patient ;-)

• Advertisement

Only 1 is NAS, the other is a private that stopped in for a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

antichrist wrote: »
    Only 1 is NAS, the other is a private that stopped in for a look

Ah right, just looked a lot like NAS. Good to get some help I suppose, I hope the patient was well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

sgthighway wrote: »
    One Ambulance broke down between B'sloe and Galway. Helipcopter was only up the road so they transferred patient ;-)
    Must have been a serious enough condition patient, it's unlikely that enough Gardaí to stop traffic in both directions just happened to be on the motorway, that took some planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Anyone know what the situation was with the bus and transit van in Clontarf in the picture. Looks like a nasty crash, memory serves me right that would be a van and a Ford Fiesta that have been wrote off from Clontarf in the last year (year and a half maybe).

Hope everyone's making a good recovery.

msg11 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the situation was with the bus and transit van in Clontarf in the picture. Looks like a nasty crash, memory serves me right that would be a van and a Ford Fiesta that have been wrote off from Clontarf in the last year (year and a half maybe).

Dunno how it happened, but it was a nasty crash. Hopefully the members are recovering ok. I cant remember the fiesta being written off. Van has been replaced by another 04 transit already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

MarkMc wrote: »
    Dunno how it happened, but it was a nasty crash. Hopefully the members are recovering ok. I cant remember the fiesta being written off. Van has been replaced by another 04 transit already.

Fiesta was wrote off on Vernon Ave was in a pursuit. Lost control and hit a street light, DFB removed the roof. Think it was a 04 Black Fiesta.

When was the transit accident ?

Fiesta was wrote off on Vernon Ave was in a pursuit. Lost control and hit a street light, DFB removed the roof. Think it was a 04 Black Fiesta.

When was the transit accident ?

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. Transit was last week or the week before.

https://www.emergencyservicesforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6606

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Bloody brilliant manoeuvre as pointed out by goldie.

Any idea where this took place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

donvito99 wrote: »
    Bloody brilliant manoeuvre as pointed out by goldie.

Any idea where this took place?

Video description says M1 near Dundalk. Also noticed the silver Mondeo that KKV took photos of a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

A lesson for the scobes everywhere. This weekend is not a good time to try your luck with the GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That links not working for me, any other ones around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

That links not working for me, any other ones around?

The link a few post above isn't working but the one in the photo thread does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Need flash, so no good on iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Anyone else find it a tad ironic that all you can hear at the start of the video is our Beloved Minister on the radio :p

I think the drivers of the two cars directly behind and the van that races up are complete morons.

Also noticed the silver Mondeo that KKV took photos of a few months ago.

Copped that myself. Paused the video to check the number plate (assumed it was down the country somewhere for some reason, until I seen the "Boyne" truck fly past on the other side of the motorway).

As an aside, I've noticed that RSU Volvo seems to be keeping it's presence about the Drogheda Station now a lot (could be just coincidence, of course, but I keep seeing it around the place and parked up at the Drogheda station).

Wonder if it's Drogheda's now, or if I just happen to come across it by chance a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Copped that myself. Paused the video to check the number plate (assumed it was down the country somewhere for some reason, until I seen the "Boyne" truck fly past on the other side of the motorway).

As an aside, I've noticed that RSU Volvo seems to be keeping it's presence about the Drogheda Station now a lot (could be just coincidence, of course, but I keep seeing it around the place and parked up at the Drogheda station).

Wonder if it's Drogheda's now, or if I just happen to come across it by chance a lot.

the Regional support unit would cover the whole regional which its based in due to the awful incident accrued on friday night there detailed to there to back up district and divisional unit with work due to major case investigation .

I would presume that the SIO would want them close just incase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Liking the blue lights on the Focuses, looks well.
    Are the Connects meant for detainee transport? Bit cramped aren't they?

Advertisement