Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

source wrote: »
    I heard it was a trafficc Tucson.

Any word on the cause?

Any word on the cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have yet to see them stickers, very American as it's on an unmarked.

What reasoning behind this, is it a non special unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Any word on the cause?

Nope just know that it was an SUV, attached to traffic. So a Tucson.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

2016 Hyundai i40

• Advertisement

Have yet to see them stickers, very American as it's on an unmarked.

What reasoning behind this, is it a non special unit?

I have no clue and Q7 and 3 series and that came came in together, We were pulling out of the station and it took a few of us by surprise

Is it the roads policing units?

Funny as when I asked about getting adequate lighting fitted that others could actually see the lighting when activated, I was told they meet the requirements and to stay covert....

Load of rubbish of course.

When a i40 is trying to clear a junction the sirens on most are terrible at best, single LED light on dash and a light on either side rear indicator cluster which can't be seen.

The least they could have fitted was blues on the side of the front reg plates for junctions so they are visible.

Is it the roads policing units?

Funny as when I asked about getting adequate lighting fitted that others could actually see the lighting when activated, I was told they meet the requirements and to stay covert....

Load of rubbish of course.

When a i40 is trying to clear a junction the sirens on most are terrible at best, single LED light on dash and a light on either side rear indicator cluster which can't be seen.

The least they could have fitted was blues on the side of the front reg plates for junctions so they are visible.

More covert detective unit, wether they are regional or district I don’t know.
    They do meet the standards for policing, but given the strict guidelines or purchases I reckon Hyundai are the cheapest and just about met the standard.

More covert detective unit, wether they are regional or district I don’t know.
    They do meet the standards for policing, but given the strict guidelines or purchases I reckon Hyundai are the cheapest and just about met the standard.

I'm talking about the i30/40 from 2014 up until 2017... Seems some are coming with slightly more lights....

They aren't in anyway covert as I spot every single one from a good distance.

Bog standard models and no alloys stand out a lot.

New ones are back with the extra antenna too.

The could well fit much better lights into the clusters and in the rear head rests like they were doing in the US and UK in 80s and 90s.

Look at all the unmarked units in the UK and they are lit up at all angles.

See it daily nobody stops for the i40s as they can't see the lights from the side and the rear puts the blues out at 45° angle so when behind they are invisible.

They really need better lighting and sirens for the Garda safety and especially the public so they are seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

and a light on either side rear indicator cluster which can't be seen.

Ah the ones that were bought on eBay!

If its pitch dark and there is no other light on the road, THEN you can see them!

• Advertisement

Ah the ones that were bought on eBay!

If its pitch dark and there is no other light on the road, THEN you can see them!

Yes but still not greatly....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I like the new white wording on the unmarked.
    The only issue is that will probably limit the cars usage to one unit. Detective units would surely drive a more discreet vehicle.

Very like the USA where even marked units are hard to tell unless light shines on them and then the signs reflect the light back.....

Really cool looking on their cars....

OPC sustained serious damage in finglas last week it is now of the road presumably for good

OPC sustained serious damage in finglas last week it is now or a the road presumably for good

I'd say it was getting to its end anyway, must have some serious miles on it.

I’ve tried to post a video of it a a few pics but it’s not allowing me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

OPC sustained serious damage in finglas last week it is now or a the road presumably for good

OPC??

OPC??

Vectra OPC it's a very high powered performance vehicle.

2.8 v6 280hp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Vectra OPC it's a very high powered performance vehicle.

2.8 v6 280hp

Ah, thanks.

See there is a lad with 2013 Hyundai i40 with rear light clusters flashing red....
    Silver132D fully equipped with a CB antenna on the boot ...

Seen around Malahide road.

It ain't no Garda vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

See there is a lad with 2013 Hyundai i40 with rear light clusters flashing red....
    Silver132D 19437 fully equipped with a CB antenna on the boot ...

Seen around Malahide road.

It ain't no Garda vehicle

That shows up as being a Peugeot Partner.....hmmmm

highdef wrote: »
    That shows up as being a Peugeot Partner.....hmmmm

Ok very strange....

Ok very strange....

He is a fire officer I know the vehicle you’re relating too

He is a fire officer I know the vehicle you’re relating too

Ah that's ok then, hadn't seen it before....

I'll remove reg....

Just seemed odd, I've seen others but it just didn't have the look of you get me...

Ah that's ok then, hadn't seen it before....

I'll remove reg....

Just seemed odd, I've seen others but it just didn't have the look of you get me...

Yeah I was taken aback myself you are not the only one lol

Gards could do with it for covert ha

Pity the OPC ended that way.....

It done its job....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

I seen a silver unmarked Vectra on blues bombing through the toll bridge at Meath last year, alloys bodykit the lot, was that herself then?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

Borgo wrote: »
    I seen a silver unmarked Vectra on blues bombing through the toll bridge at Meath last year, alloys bodykit the lot, was that herself then?

Ah i see in the pic thread someone put up a link to a video of it, it was her alright, thats a pity, cracker she was.

I’d love to actually no what they have left on that unit considering the ST is in maintenance, golf is wrote off and the OPC done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I’d love to actually no what they have left on that unit considering the ST is in maintenance, golf is wrote off and the OPC done.

lots of i40's :eek:

How long would the ST be in maintenance for? surely it wouldn't be off the road that long for maintenance work.

Advertisement