Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

little flurry of snow in Longford town about 15 mins ago or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hate to burst the bubble here but its sleet!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

woke up at 8.30 and looked out the window , was like a blizzard:). couldnt believe it. nice bit of snow landing on the cars and grass and that so far.
    snow showers on and off every 5 or 10 mins now !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Intermittent heavy hail showers in East Clare and 2.6C out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Driven snow and graupel here for the past ten mins and more coming in by the looks of things. Ground is just too warm for anything to settle for long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not that windy..... Yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    All Hail Sponge Bob...that and a mixture of sleet is all I saw so far today. Mind you Red Steve and I are not too far from Mace Head which is the windiest spot in Ireland for the past 24 hours continous.

I can see Mace Head from the farm. Bloody hell there was some wind last night, thought it was going to come in through the window into the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Just recorded highest gust here so far today at 72 kph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wow incredible wind here at the moment with a heavy sleet blizzard and there was also snow in the mix. Dangerous for driving or walking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Light snow/sleet in dublin 4 again. Didn't last long the last time and it's nothing to write home about... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Light sleet shower here, one thing I noticed was the speed it is travelling at. Most of the hail/sleet blew over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

For a second I didnt know what was flying past my kitchen window.....then I realised it was graupel helped along by the wind.
    That was about 10 mins ago, then we had a light sleet shower, now its back to a light flurry of graupel again.
    Nothing sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Few flurries of snow/graupel here but not sticking to anything 4.1C/0.6C. Gusting to around 50-60km/hr at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

After high winds late evening I was expecting much worse today but so far it is very still. Except for the odd passing snow shower it could be mistaken for a spring day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

very tame affair in south kerry so far. bit of a breeze but nothing spectacular.

Was expecting to be looking out at carnage all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Had a few mini blizzards in Tallaght. Looks like they're rolling off the Wicklow/Dublin mountains.

Nothing sticking but I won't lose hope. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Even the few showers of hail that we are having a getting tamer by the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

1.2c here. Heavy driven snow for past 20 minutes. Some settled. I am at 140 metres. Snow is settling much better about another 75 metres higher than where I am.

Will try and get some vids and post later. Wind and snow is a brass monkeys mix. My hands are melting on the radiator right now after being outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

We got some snow showers here, it settled where I am but we didn't have much, at 220m and lower down there is no snow lying.

The 10 minute average wind speed is a Force 5.
    The highest recorded gust was 66km/hr - at 4 metres above the ground.
    Current temperature 2.1C
    Dew point -0.8C
    Barometric pressure 982.5mb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Here in Dundalk over the last hour the winds have started to pick up.

Mean 42km/h
    Highest gust 54km/h
    977.6hPa
    4.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Snowing and really windy here in Dun Laoghaire but snow not sticking on ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

an odd shower in Galway. Was some hail earlier, it was strange to see it blown along the road faster than i was travelling. Apart from that, mainly rain.
    I can get rain the other 51 weeks of the year

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You'd swear the country had never seen snow before!

A messy rain/sleet/hail/graupel/snow mix here all morning but not lying aside from grass, had plenty more interesting days than this so far this month, max gust only 72km/hr

Hopefully it becomes more powerful but I guess growing up on exposed on the north west coast I'm never going be too impressed with a storm here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MizDorry

Blizzard in Sandyford (Leopardstown end) - not sticking though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just experienced the heaviest hail shower in years, my hands are sore from it :( Hail quickly disappeared and we had a light snow shower afterwards, 40m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Loch Garman

So far..the Irish ferries Oscar Wilde France-Ireland-france route has been cancelled today and tomorrow....the same goes for the Pembroke-Rosslare-Pembroke routes today.

Not fun on a ferry in this weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Enderman wrote: »
    Just experienced the heaviest hail shower in years, my hands are sore from it :( Hail quickly disappeared and we had a light snow shower afterwards, 40m asl

Yeah it was crazy in Athlone there about 20 mins ago. Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Harps wrote: »
    You'd swear the country had never seen snow before!

A messy rain/sleet/hail/graupel/snow mix here all morning but not lying aside from grass, had plenty more interesting days than this so far this month, max gust only 72km/hr

Hopefully it becomes more powerful but I guess growing up on exposed on the north west coast I'm never going be too impressed with a storm here :(

Yep today has been a disappointment so far.
    Like yourself I grew up on an exposed coast but in Belmullet. Very hard to please when it comes to a good storm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Apart from one major gust with blowing sleet there has been nothing off the chart yet, lots of sleet showers though and one snow shower earlier and strong intermittent gusts.
    edit: Getting stormier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭weathermaiden

Mostly clear and sunny with some moderate gusts alternating with calm here in Bray, 45m asl. Occasionally it clouds up and there are a few sleety/snow showers... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it first! Not sticking whatsoever and nothing compared to even some of the North Dublin reports... typical!! Still has me on lamp post watch though ;)

Advertisement