Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Can confirm a 9mph (light) breeze in Tuam, moonlit skies and nothing else. Mayo & Sligo the places to be tonight for sure with strikes continuing along coastal margins:
    http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Has been getting windy in the last 2 hours in S. Kerry
    Gusts increasing and just had a light hail shower.
    (Have had very little hail so far this year so it makes a change from the rain).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Lying in bed and it sounds like the wind is moving in here. You know the sound I'm talking about :D (I hope!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

What time the wind and rain hit the far east coast in the morning....? Also what will north Wales get from this storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Some good surf here, Lahinch Beach Cam, Co.Clare:

http://www.camscape.com/view/3646

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

185034.JPG
    Just now.
    &
    Good Morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

could be wrong but im sure i heard thunder during the night here? Not much wind here still either.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Snowing in Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

It's now snowing in Newry. Not a lot of wind but the showers are steady. No sticking as of yet as the ground is so wet. Doesn't really look like it will stick at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snaps wrote: »
    could be wrong but im sure i heard thunder during the night here? Not much wind here still either.

Quite Likely. As There was thunder and lightning over many parts of the West and Northwest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Snowing horizontally here in Dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

MEt.ie says sleet in east today and blizzards in northwest hills!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I cant understand all these snow reports, Air temp here is 4.9c. Surely its the same over most of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's snowing here in Co Waterford border Sth Tipp, 190 masl. There a layer on car and grass, but thankfully so far not sticking to road... I couldn't sleep and checked at 5am there was just a powdery dust, now it's real snow showers though.

edit : showers have stopped now, looks like it's getting a tad warmer.

6503786607_4882e343d3_z.jpg
    IMAG0009 by mountainsandheather, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

snaps wrote: »
    I cant understand all these snow reports, Air temp here is 4.9c. Surely its the same over most of the country?

1.3c here in co limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

First proper snow of the winter falling here in meath.:-) Only sticking to certain surfaces.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

6am Reports Sherkin 65kts, Belmullet 63kts,Mace 62kts, Valentia 55kts

In Waterford City its calm, Temp 2.2c DP 0.5c. Comeraghs killing any showers headed our way.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Lovely sleet shower this morning around 5.30am in North Dublin.

Stuck nicely to the car but that's all. Car thermometer indicates +2 deg C.

Breezy but not windy.

Feels colder than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

6am Reports Sherkin 65kts, Belmullet 63kts,Mace 62kts, Valentia 55kts

In Waterford City its calm, Temp 2.2c DP 0.5c. Comeraghs killing any showers headed our way.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Typical :(

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Lots of lightning here at the moment. Winds gusting to the high 60's mph.
    Forgot to add - lots of heavy hail showers too.
    NW Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Dromahair.
    I went to bed last night after a very enjoyable hour on the forum and kinda thought that i might wake up in Kansas! heard nothing all night, and it seems an average enough morning so far. Travelling today so might have fun on route. Read you all tomorrow night... have fun but stay safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nice snow falling in Naas, stuck to the car 1.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

pad199207 wrote: »
    Nice snow falling in Naas, stuck to the car 1.1c

They must be very localised. No snow where I am. I must of just missed it. im sure they're moving fast. Breezy but nothing exceptional..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Derfil wrote: »
    They must be very localised. No snow where I am. I must of just missed it. im sure they're moving fast. Breezy but nothing exceptional..

Yeah i was talking to mates from monread and sallins area, and they said they had rain but fell as snow around the south and east ends of naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

pad199207 wrote: »
    Derfil wrote: »

Yeah i was talking to mates from monread and Sallins area, and they said they had rain but fell as snow around the south and east ends of naas

See what you mean. Its all over facebook. disappointed i missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

There is snow in north kk car covered and snowing lightly now yippee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hardly deserves a new thread?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Snow outside athy! Not much but first of the year.

Heavy now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A little sleet here earlier. I can see snow (lying) on the Dublin Mountains only about 100m higher than me (around Tickknock and Tibradden).

Advertisement