Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Brief snow flurry here at 48m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Malin head with a gust of 75Kts in the 12:00 report.
    Belmullet with 65Kts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Enderman wrote: »
    Just experienced the heaviest hail shower in years, my hands are sore from it :( Hail quickly disappeared and we had a light snow shower afterwards, 40m asl

i was looking out the window from college this morning and was thinking of you walking to work at that time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

There has been quite a few snow showers in leixlip, starting at 845 just before school. Students were delighted but nothing has stuck and its sunny out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Started snowing again here in Drogheda. Heavier now than the couple of showers there was a couple of hours ago. Wind has picked up also. Nothing sticking at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy wet snow at the minute. The wind is not very strong so far, but it's of sufficient strength to chill you to the bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

In Letterkenny it's very windy (but not as windy as I thought it would be today) and lashing rain on and off. Drove from just beyond Derry there and some of the higher roads are very treacherous.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Very windy with regular showers of sleet, hail and snow (woop! woop!) that is not sticking :( out here in Firhouse

Temp just a balmy 1.9C and pressure is 970MB, humidity 42%

Wind chill factor is HIGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

A covering here this morning(mostly now melted) with flurries on and off since - a few centimetres lying on nearby hills exposed to the NW wind:)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Light enough winds mixed with heavy and increasing gales.
    Hail showers of mixed intensity have been on and off since 6.30am.
    Heavy dusting of snow covering many of the higher mountains.
    Thunder and lightning at 11.30 which was very strong but did not last long.

S. Kerry @ 110m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

pretty much the same her but man its just so RAW out as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Mostly clear and sunny with some moderate gusts alternating with calm here in Bray, 45m asl. Occasionally it clouds up and there are a few sleety/snow showers... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it first! Not sticking whatsoever and nothing compared to even some of the North Dublin reports... typical!! Still has me on lamp post watch though ;)

During the day :confused: There's despairation ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Heavy wet snow at the minute. The wind is not very strong so far, but it's of sufficient strength to chill you to the bone.

I'll second that, got a tight haircut last week...(what was I thinking), and keep meaning to buy a hat, was walking home from the town earlier just after a wet snow shower and i thought the wind was going to freeze my head solid...it's defrested by now..almost :) another brief shower heading over the hills in Greystones now, very sleety.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Heavy sleet in Athlone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Really wicked winds in Dundalk in the past 90 mins, one gust rattled the roofslates, something I haven't heard in quite a while. No rain/sleet/snow here yet though. Sunny all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Snowing in Ennis, light flurries not resting, very windy, temperature gauge showing 2 degrees outside but the wind chill is something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

just had a serious hail shower here in athlone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Current conditions here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt6dydhnZGc&feature=youtu.be

Still nothing special really, wind has picked up with a constant roar now but I've seen far worse

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmaprelude

Belting down again in Ballymount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Snowing in Dublin CC again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

very dark and snowing in sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Noopti wrote: »
    Snowing in Dublin CC again
    "Snowing" is pushing it a bit :)

It's sleet with a few heavy snowflakes thrown in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

BBC Newsline weather just now........ Damaging winds and disruptive snow for the North. All Northern Counties to be effected by the end of the night.

Wind beginning to pick up here in South Down in the last 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hailstones here in East Galway, windy but not stormy. We had a flurry of snow about an hour ago, did not last very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

snow/sleet again in D12, parkwest. ground too wet to stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Sleeting again in Park West now. On the way up from Wicklow this morning, hit a really heavy shower around Newtownmountkennedy around 8:50am, but sadly none of it stuck.

(My first post in the weather forum after months of lurking and enjoying the impressive input from you guys!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmaprelude

grrrrrrrr why wont it stick!

Advertisement