Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More stupid in America..

Options
  • 11-12-2011 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Companies like Dell, Walmart, Lowes and Campbells have pulled their advertising from a TLC show called 'All American Muslims' - the show portrays a normal American family who are muslim..

the reasons are just great, wait for this ****;
    “The show profiles only Muslims that appear to be ordinary folks while excluding many Islamic believers whose agenda poses a clear and present danger to liberties and traditional values that the majority of Americans cherish,”
    “Clearly this program is attempting to manipulate Americans into ignoring the threat of jihad and to influence them to believe that being concerned about the jihad threat would somehow victimize these nice people in this show.”

That's right, the same company pulled ads from seventh heaven years back for daring to show a normal Christian family without highlighting the dangers of things like the KKK or the Timothy Mc Veighs... oh wait.. no they didnt.

Truly the land of the free. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Is this the first non spam/lock thread in AH tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

you cant show normal muslims, the poor americans* will get confused.

*not all americans theres just some that shouldnt be allowed near scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fucking appalling.

Can you imagine the fucking stink that would be kicked up if this was a Jewish or Black or Christian family?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

That's fucking mental. Have you got a link to this story, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

RichieC wrote: »
    That's right, the same company pulled ads from seventh heaven years back for daring to show a normal Christian family without highlighting the dangers of things like the KKK or the Timothy Mc Veighs... oh wait.. no they didnt.

Well, to be fair, Tim was a terrorist enraged by government ineptitude and its increasingly overbearing manner. The KKK meanwhile just didn't like blacks, and did nasty things to them. They're not really comparable to some members of a religion who want to change the Western culture into which they have imported themselves, and bring us to the enlightened world-view and societal model which we see in the Muslim world and of which we are all of course completely jealous (women particularly). Minority perhaps, but fairly vocal as collapsing buildings and Sharia law in England might let you know.

I think their actions point out that there is indeed freedom, in so far as how you spend your money at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

JohnathanM wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, Tim was a terrorist enraged by government ineptitude and its increasingly overbearing manner. The KKK meanwhile just didn't like blacks, and did nasty things to them. They're not really comparable to some members of a religion who want to change the Western culture into which they have imported themselves, and bring us to the enlightened world-view and societal model which we see in the Muslim world and of which we are all of course completely jealous (women particularly). Minority perhaps, but fairly vocal as collapsing buildings and Sharia law in England might let you know..

you're falling into the same trap and will get the same kinda glib response the crap in the OP got.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Fucking appalling.

Can you imagine the fucking stink that would be kicked up if this was a Jewish or Black or Christian family?

that comment covers all my family Jewish , Black and Christian, even got some Cavan people too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

These guys are fascists pure and simple... it is crazy to think that after decades of suffering to gain the civil rights movement, that discrimination is still prevalent, same thinking, different people. http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/all-american-muslim

The businesses who bowed to pressure as a result of the campaign by Florida Family
    http://floridafamily.org/full_article.php?article_no=108 by pulling their advertisements are cowardly and disgusting, their way of thinking has no place in a modern progressive world. **** them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

you cant show normal muslims, the poor americans* will get confused.

*not all americans theres just some that shouldnt be allowed near scissors.

Isn't that an oxymoron?:eek:

• Advertisement

They claim Volkswagen have cancelled too /facepalm

mattjack wrote: »
    that comment covers all my family Jewish , Black and Christian, even got some Cavan people too

I don't condone Cavan people inter-breeding with normal people. They're just watering down good genes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Key1

Here we go again, RichieC and his anti-American agenda.... he always seems to slap America regardless of the topic.... can I ask Richie, what makes you so anti-American? And why feel the need to put it into peoples faces on boards constantly? It's getting bloody annoying tbh, I think you have issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

They claim Volkswagen have cancelled too /facepalm

Key1 wrote: »
    Here we go again, RichieC and his anti-American agenda.... he always seems to slap America regardless of the topic.... can I ask Richie, what makes you so anti-American? And why feel the need to put it into peoples faces on boards constantly? It's getting bloody annoying tbh, I think you have issues

I think a sign up to attack you means you won the internet

I don't condone Cavan people inter-breeding with normal people. They're just watering down good genes.

Sir, I admire your integ answer , my Black Jewish herei family are happy

also Linden Village says no more typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Perscution for some, miniature American flags for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What's the world coming to?

Can't we just hate everyone equally?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Even though Megaman strictly has nothing to do with the thread, I think he can impart his awesomeness, Am i right?
    http://www.dan-dare.org/Dan%20Megaman/MegamanBig.jpg

• Advertisement

What would Jesus do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Key1

I think a sign up to attack you means you won the internet

But you are just annoying people with your constant rhetoric and talking through your arse about the States, do you not see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I could not enclose a graphical image of his awesomeness and that chaffes my nipples

El Weirdo wrote: »
    What would Jesus do?

He'd be very cross.

He'd be very cross.
    Hmmm...

But you are just annoying people with your constant rhetoric and talking through your arse about the States, do you not see this?

Your second post and you're accusation rumbles that you are a re-reg.

Oh lordy..

It is clearly annoying you. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

It is clearly annoying you. :P

Not annoying me anyways . I love laughing at other people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I don't get this comment. What would you have happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

US of A " Syria has beaten and abused its own people and must be punished". Don't mention how the good old US of A battered its own "Occupy whatever" protesters off the streets though. "Land of the free"?? GTFO.

Advertisement