Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Have you brought this to the attention of the Community Garda assigned to your area?

Not being smart but have you tried ringing the Garda recently. (I have).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Have you brought this to the attention of the Community Garda assigned to your area?
    Or walk up to the car and ask if they need help. It lets them know you've noticed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

horse7 wrote: »
    Not being smart but have you tried ringing the Garda recently. (I have).

Yeah... But I have the local community gardas phone number... Handy to have

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

Heard there was a big drugs raid in charnwood last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

john why wrote: »
    Heard there was a big drugs raid in charnwood last night

I’d check your sources again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think people should be required to post a published link to any reports they comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

I’d check your sources again.

Are you saying it didn't happen ? . My friend said it did , only relaying what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Posting a link would confirm that it did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not everything that happens is reported on. At least half the incidents in this thread are personal reports of neighbourhood incidents. Links are the exception!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Agreed. A lot of what happens is low level anti social behaviour, cars being damaged, bikes taking a walk etc. They won't interest the Guards let alone the media, but knowing might save some people hassle and insurance problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

john why wrote: »
    Are you saying it didn't happen ? . My friend said it did , only relaying what he said.

I’m saying that there was no Garda activity in Charnwood on Friday night, Sat morning. Otherwise our neighborhood What’s App group would have been very active.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Some basic checking of facts before posting on this thread would be nice, or even preceding a post with 'I heard from person X that such & such a thing happened'. Theres way too much rumour & hearsay for this thread to be of use in a neighbourhood watch sense to anyone anymore (IMHO).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

LorelaiG wrote: »

I noticed the road from the petrol station was closed last night but didn’t know what happened.

LorelaiG wrote: »

I'd have thought no more info was needed for anyone who are neither his family nor a witness.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Apparently the cyclist caused the motorbike to loose control and fall off in the way of the car. Cyclist then left the scene. Local kids said he had stolen the bike from Saddlers estate and was making his getaway.

Police sirens going mental for the last 30 mins within earshot of Littlepace / Ongar, hard to be sure but sounds like Clonsilla direction. Anyone know what the craic is?

Where is the loud music going on in castleknock, it's 0325am, kids can't sleep?

Lots of people reported it to the Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

horse7 wrote: »
    Where is the loud music going on in castleknock, it's 0325am, kids can't sleep?

Stopped at 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

Looking to start a neighbourhood watch area in the Whitestown does anyone know who I could contact in Blanch Garda station regarding.

Looking to start a neighbourhood watch area in the Whitestown does anyone know who I could contact in Blanch Garda station regarding.

Ring and ask for the Community Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Get onto Jody or the Whitestown Estate Management Facebook page. Id be sure they' ve talked about it before.

Id say you'll get little or no help from the majority of residents though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Apparently the Shanty is/was on fire this evening.

miamee wrote: »
    Apparently the Shanty is/was on fire this evening.

Looks more like the chipper next door

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looks more like the chipper next door

I hope not, me dad will be devo, he loves a one and one from Giulios!

Hard to tell actually. The light in the picture might not be flames. The smoke looks like it’s over the Shanty.

• Advertisement

Yes I got a video as well and the smoke is definitely billowing out the other end of the shanty nearest the bridge but it could easily have spread. Hopefully not too much damage done :/

Advertisement