Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Another shooting in Corduff last night, shot's fired through front window of house. Nothing on the news yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evermore

Had my living room window smashed with a rock by two teenage thugs in broad daylight in Fernleigh today! They also seemingly smashed a car window a few yards up the road. Also Thursday night there was an abandoned VW Golf left in the estate with windows smashed in, prob used for joy riding

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

evermore wrote: »
    Had my living room window smashed with a rock by two teenage thugs in broad daylight in Fernleigh today! They also seemingly smashed a car window a few yards up the road. Also Thursday night there was an abandoned VW Golf left in the estate with windows smashed in, prob used for joy riding

Were you there? Did they throw it because you seen them, words exchanged?
    It's odd even for scum to put in a front window for no good reason.
    Were they trying to see was someone home so as to break in?
    Just wondering, sorry to hear about your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 evermore

septictank wrote: »
    Were you there? Did they throw it because you seen them, words exchanged?
    It's odd even for scum to put in a front window for no good reason.
    Were they trying to see was someone home so as to break in?
    Just wondering, sorry to hear about your problem.

No words exchanged, never seen these guys in my life. I was home alone sitting on the couch watching TV. It’s so unusual as it was still bright out, families out walking etc. The Gardaí think it was just random, but it has left me feeling uneasy. I don’t believe they were trying to break in as they threw the rock from a distance and weren’t up close trying to gain access. It’s all in the Gardai’s hands now so hopefully CCTV will help

• Advertisement

Crap thing to happen, cheeky little feckers. Like it could have been a group of hardy lads in the house that would given them a hiding.

Good luck with it, if your renting it's grand if it's your place and the lads get caught, you'll have to have a think, you could get egged or cars keyed so be carefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Serious amount of sirens around the place at the moment. I fear it's not good news, think they're coming from Corduff.

Caranica wrote: »
    Serious amount of sirens around the place at the moment. I fear it's not good news, think they're coming from Corduff.

They were around about that time.
    Probably linked to the petrol bomb attack that happened Saturday.

https://www.thejournal.ie/petrol-bomb-corduff-4609527-Apr2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

Break in at Castleknock glade today - apparently late morning, early afternoon, broke in straight through the front door in case anyone sees anything or anyone suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Plenty of Garda presence around at the moment. I haven't driven between Blanch and the corporate parks without seeing cop cars driving around or checkpointing all weekend.

Probably unrelated, but there was a car set alight at the Tyrrelstown educate together secondary school earlier this evening.

• Advertisement

The presence is getting bigger. One day alone i counted 27 Garda car's, van's or ASU in my area, maybe more.
    Houses been petrol bombed and loads of raids and shootings.

Just as i type now Garda are here again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I read in one of the papers that the Gardaí planned to have checkpoints over the weekend in the Corduff area due to recent events so I guess they are trying to keep on top of that whole situation.

miamee wrote: »
    I read in one of the papers that the Gardaí planned to have checkpoints over the weekend in the Corduff area due to recent events so I guess they are trying to keep on top of that whole situation.

It's not just this weekend, it's everyday now. One of my young neighbors works in a local bar and he said it was really quiet because people are afraid to go out. That's how bad it has become.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

God really? I wouldn't be around Corduff or the nearby areas too often so I hadn't noticed, am on the other side of the N3. That is shocking, I feel sorry for the residents there with this going on on their doorstep.

miamee wrote: »
    God really? I wouldn't be around Corduff or the nearby areas too often so I hadn't noticed, am on the other side of the N3. That is shocking, I feel sorry for the residents there with this going on on their doorstep.

It's really bad, worst i have seen all the years i have been here. Everyone is just sick of it. So many good people here too but all it takes is a small number of people to feck things up. Some people are even afraid to go to the shop. That's not a life at all.

It's always a small number ruining things for everyone else. Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Possible nothing to do when neighborhood watch but if you have virgin media in D15 all landlines are down, broadband is fine, you will hear a dial tone, but you can't ring anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Does anyone own an Apollo Evade mountain bike, locked with a cable lock? At about 10:45 I came across a group of 8-9 teens, with their schoolbags, opposite Rosehaven apartments (Leo's place). They were trying to remove the cable lock from this bicycle. They kept claiming they owned it (which was complete bs).

I rang Blanch station twice but no answer so reported it via 112. I followed them to the small green at Luttrell Park Heath where I saw them trying to smash the lock. I approached and told them to leave the bike. My helmet camera was on this time. One of them continued to try to break the lock even while I was talking to them and recording (the chosen video frame purposely blurs the boy so that he cannot be identified). They quickly left and then boarded a city bound train. A bunch of Irish Rail workers at the level crossing said that they did not have the bike with them.

The bike, with lock still intact, is likely in the train station car park but I did not see it during a quick look. Nor did I see it when I cycled through the car park a few hours later.

I did get through to the Community Gardai and I have offered to provide the video footage. They all covered their faces when they saw the camera.

I did not see what school they might be from.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

horse7 wrote: »
    Possible nothing to do when neighborhood watch but if you have virgin media in D15 all landlines are down, broadband is fine, you will hear a dial tone, but you can't ring anyone.

Nope, ours was fine. DH was on the phone to his mother at that time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Video and pictures going around of a break in in Hansfield yesterday during the daytime. Two lads went around the back and just smashed in the window of the back door of the house. Same type of break in as occurred in Hollywoodrath some months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I've also heard that a house in Mount Symon was broken into last Saturday morning, same kind of technique around the back and broke the lock on the door this time instead of smashing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Any alarms?

I see there's a burnt out car on station road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

AAD wrote: »
    I've also heard that a house in Mount Symon was broken into last Saturday morning, same kind of technique around the back and broke the lock on the door this time instead of smashing it.

Which road in MS?, anything taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

It was on Mount Symon dale, not sure what was taken but the place was turned upside down I heard, Gardai are aware of a group hitting the estates in the morning time. I noticed the garda helicopter was over the area for a long time last night as well with the full search light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Group of 50 teens attack staff of a Chinese restaurant and members of the public with baseball bats in Ongar on Sunday night.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4148842/gang-attack-chinese-takeaway-staff-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Group of 50 teens attack staff of a Chinese restaurant and members of the public with baseball bats in Ongar on Sunday night.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4148842/gang-attack-chinese-takeaway-staff-dublin/

Never heard a sniff about it. Anyone witness or hear about it locally?

Anyone know what happened last night ? Police sirens everywhere and also helicopter out for ages.

I'd forgotten about that, I was just going to sleep when the helicopter started but I was clearly exhausted because I dropped off easily and didn't wake.

Have just seen that they found a loaded gun and silencer in the woods in Waterville!!!

• Advertisement

Helicopter over Waterville/Corduff for last half hour again. At least it's daylight this time

Advertisement