Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

sm3ar wrote: »
    So many cars being abandoned in Ongar right now. Even in areas where clamping is supposed to be happening. Its turning into a dumping ground.

You can report dumped cars on fixmystreet.ie - attach a photo of the car as well. I've done this several times and usually the car gets removed fairly quickly.
    https://m.fixmystreet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

nikpmup wrote: »
    You can report dumped cars on fixmystreet.ie - attach a photo of the car as well. I've done this several times and usually the car gets removed fairly quickly.
    https://m.fixmystreet.ie/

I've done that myself over the years but never had any success with it. The reports just stay on the site indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've done that myself over the years but never had any success with it. The reports just stay on the site indefinitely.
    My experience has been mixed but mostly the reports are ignored.
    The difficult from the council's perspective is that they will only remove cars that are hazardous with smashed glass and leaking fluids.

The Gardai on the otherhand can immediately issue a parking ticket (for no motor tax) and can look up the registered owner and direct them to move the car. But they don't. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Amazing when the wind blows off the reg plates.,...

They move very fast.

Amazing when the wind blows off the reg plates.,...

They move very fast.
    True!
    I always found that very surprising because the VIN can be used to track the registered owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

Taxi on fire in phoenix park near main gates castleknock road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Really? I must've been lucky; at least twice cars I've reported have been moved within a week or two. Its been a while, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennifer136

Just to make people aware. I live in Ongar and lasrt night at around 3.30am seen 2 lads trying to steal a car. We shouted out and disturbed them this was in Manor Place. They ran off to a dark coloured car waiting for them and 2 more males in the car. It was dark coloured 06D hatchback . We reported to the gaurds but no sign of any in the area after. I just spoke to the car owner who also seen the attempted robbery. He also called the gaurds but they didn't call to him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Just to make people aware. I live in Ongar and lasrt night at around 3.30am seen 2 lads trying to steal a car. We shouted out and disturbed them this was in Manor Place. They ran off to a dark coloured car waiting for them and 2 more males in the car. It was dark coloured 06D hatchback . We reported to the gaurds but no sign of any in the area after. I just spoke to the car owner who also seen the attempted robbery. He also called the gaurds but they didn't call to him yet.

Completely wasting your time ringing the gaurds, But if you said a Garda was being assaulted they'd be there in minutes. Go figure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'd be curious to know the rate of no response and response to calls, from various police stations around the country and Dublin.

People I talk to seem to have different experiences from different stations.

• Advertisement

Got a flyer from Leo talking about all the Garda resources put into Blanch.
    Can't remember ever getting a flyer from him before. Never mind one on a local issue.
    Might to remind people hes a local politician, in case people have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

beauf wrote: »
    Can't remember ever getting a flyer from him before. Never mind one on a local issue.

Evidently, one does not reside in the Castlknock LEA.

Leo doesn't seem to think so anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Possible attempted break in in Summerfield last night, house alarm scared them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, in the height of the recession the public voted en masse for a party that said they were going to slash Garda hours to save money and continued to elect them for years. I'm not anti-FG or trying to make this political, but this is a consequence of literally what the country asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Evidently, one does not reside in the Castlknock LEA.

He’s TD for Dublin West so that’s a little wide of the mark, we’re in Riverwood and have had plenty from him over the years - how’s about we leave the politics for another forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Rosser wrote: »
    He’s TD for Dublin West so that’s a little wide of the mark, we’re in Riverwood and have had plenty from him over the years - how’s about we leave the politics for another forum?

You’re addressing the wrong person on this one.
    beauf wrote: »

My comment wasn't about the politics but Garda resources.

There was a packed out Crime Prevention Information the other evening with hundreds of people in CCC and Garda resources was talked about a lot. Leo's flyer came up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Biggest excuse I hear is they haven't a free car.....

Should look at french model where personal cars can be used, sirens and lights usually are actually ok...

Better lights them we have here anyway but they do throw up the beacon on the roof when needed....

There seems to be a big gap between resources on paper and those on the street. I'm including cars in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

Someone broke into the Lo Cal Kitchen in Phoenix Park Racecourse last night and stole their till.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Who leaves cash in a till these days?
    Or maybe someone just needed the till.

firebird84 wrote: »
    Someone broke into the Lo Cal Kitchen in Phoenix Park Racecourse last night and stole their till.
    From a Facebook group:
    Hi guys, I’m the owner of The Lo-cal Kitchen and little Lo-cal beside lidl, we had our door smashed in at little lo-cal and till stolen but the Gardai caught them pretty much immediately as they sped off toward Chapelizod. They have been charged and our till was returned to us this evening. The lo-cal in the Phoenix Park racecourse wasn’t targeted this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭firebird84

daymobrew wrote: »
    From a Facebook group:

oh interesting, I didn't know they had a second branch. I saw it on their instagram stories and assumed it was the other one, my bad. Glad they got caught so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Happened yesterday
    "Calytic Converter of my Toyota Prius car has been stolen between 3 - 3.15 AM this morning. I saw the burglars and shouted but it was too late, they finished the job in seconds and drove away quickly. I called the Garda immediately, I expected them to come quickly but no sign of them till now. We need more Garda presence and petrols around the area." He posted this at 5.30pm
    The same day and no garda after these many hours of the incident.
    Post from the tyrrelstown WhatsApp group

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

Anyone know what’s happening up in coolmine train station at the minute ?? Apparently lots of riot vans and Garda helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

SMPM wrote: »
    Anyone know what’s happening up in coolmine train station at the minute ?? Apparently lots of riot vans and Garda helicopter.

There was lot's about earlier too about 2pm. Helicopter aswell. Maybe just all us blokes last minute shopping for Valentines day.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

SMPM wrote: »

Not sure I seen one Garda car stopped on the path before the foot bridge and a few other Garda vans and jeeps around wonder what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    There was lot's about earlier too about 2pm. Helicopter aswell. Maybe just all us blokes last minute shopping for Valentines day.

The helicopters earlier were for the money in transit to the mint from the airport, 1 garda one and 2 defence force ones, plus garda cars/jeeps and army jeeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

checky88 wrote: »
    Not sure I seen one Garda car stopped on the path before the foot bridge and a few other Garda vans and jeeps around wonder what happened

There was a black Opel Coursa acting suspiciously in the Glenville area, 4 guys approaching houses just before 8PM. Guards were called and within 5 minutes there was a squad car and three unmarked cars on the scene. Helicopter was above shortly after and there may have been cars on other roads.

The Gardai spent about two hours searching the area and arrested four guys up near the station. Guards are looking for any camera footage that may help them from last night.

Apparently it was a special squad that had been brought into Blanchardstown to deal with the spate of burglaries in the last month or so.

Amazing response form the Guards last night so hopefully they courts will do something about them now.

Advertisement