Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

awec wrote: »
    Here's a question for you girls (specifically the OKC ones):

When you click into a lads profile, do you go to view his photos first or read his profile first?

Personally I always read the profile first, then look at photos if I'm still interested.

I probably wouldn't click in in the first place though if there wasn't a decent profile pic ... (that sounds awfully harsh, doesn't it :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Personally I always read the profile first, then look at photos if I'm still interested.

I probably wouldn't click in in the first place though if there wasn't a decent profile pic ... (that sounds awfully harsh, doesn't it :o )

Nope - you just said what the rest of us were thinking! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Not harsh, - common sense. What would be the point ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Pictures attract me to a persons profile,whats written will spur me to contact them or not.

• Advertisement

Pictures attract me to a persons profile,whats written will spur me to contact them or not.

What type of stuff in a profile makes you (everyone not just you otis) not want to contact someone if you like their pic. Just wondering what 'quirky' turn offs people have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Unless they have an epically funny photo in there somewhere, that in itself is worthy of a mail from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Here's a question for you girls (specifically the OKC ones):

When you click into a lads profile, do you go to view his photos first or read his profile first?

I rarely click in if I don't like the picture, cold harsh truth! In the same way that I won't chat up a guy who I don'y think is hot!

Text speak,right off the bat,thats a red card and little/no information or effort made would be the same.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Dovies wrote: »
    What type of stuff in a profile makes you (everyone not just you otis) not want to contact someone if you like their pic. Just wondering what 'quirky' turn offs people have?

As odd as this may sound, when someone hasn't actually written anything about themselves in their profile.

Okay folks I think I need a profile review. Any offers? Im 43 not 20 so someone nearer my age might be better lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Right i haven't really been on here in awhile . I signed up just after Christmas to pof and put up a picture .I received about 12 pages of messages and i am a average enough kind of gal i suppose no bombshell and had one date which was nice but didn't amount to another date . I got so freaked out by the amount of messages i removed the picture and decided to say picture on request etc . I am sure there were some lovely guys in the messages but i got so many at once that i kind of just got talking to one guy and simply was not able to keep up or respond to the rest without staying 24/7 online . i regret this now but by the time i got around to reading some it was too late after about 2 weeks to message them back . I am still getting the odd message since i took down the photo but it seems to be just married men looking for sex . One guy messaged me a few minutes ago saying please message me but his profile says looking for sex no relationship so i didn't reply back . Wish i had handled it better at the start .

So i have decided to forget about pof for now and have just joined match.com and i have put up a pic for now . I also joined okc but have yet to put up a pic as a bit wary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Txt speak, "Live for the weekend/going out with the gurlies" - nothing wrong with going out but the people that specifically mention it tend to be people that get smashed every weekend without fail and then complain they never have any money. Every photo being in a pub/club. Not writing anything except "just ask".

Okay folks I think I need a profile review. Any offers? Im 43 not 20 so someone nearer my age might be better lol :D

If yer on PoF you can PM me a link if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

+1

Can't stand empty profiles or "write something here/ask me later" eh....nope :D

Message received one day about 12.45pm -
    Im like being spontaneous so what would you think about meeting up today and
    drive somwhere random for lunch maybe what you think. Get to know each other. xxxxxx
    :P

Saw a guy's profile the other day that had the funniest, most interesting description I've ever seen, so I send him a mail, and he replied :cool:
    Though now I feel a bit under pressure to try be as witty as him :pac:

Maguined wrote: »
    Txt speak, "Live for the weekend/going out with the gurlies" - nothing wrong with going out but the people that specifically mention it tend to be people that get smashed every weekend without fail and then complain they never have any money. Every photo being in a pub/club. Not writing anything except "just ask".

Hey, I have on my profile work during the week, live for the weekend :cool:
    No txt spk though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

missbelle wrote: »
    Message received one day about 12.45pm -
    Im like being spontaneous so what would you think about meeting up today and
    drive somwhere random for lunch maybe what you think. Get to know each other. xxxxxx
    :P

God, I'm all for being spontaneous, but what kind of idiot would agree to get in a car with a complete stranger on the first date?

Also, one thing that really annoys me - xxx's in messages when you've never even met the person. Very cringey!

• Advertisement

God, I'm all for being spontaneous, but what kind of idiot would agree to get in a car with a complete stranger on the first date?

Also, one thing that really annoys me - xxx's in messages when you've never even met the person. Very cringey!

Totally agree....I cringe completely when I see the x's especially on the first message "hi bbe howz u xxxxx" ugh :mad:

And yes, I'd def not let someone pick me up & away to god knows where within half an hour of that message!

Coffee/few drinks all the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I love when guys make it blatantly obvious its a copy and paste job.....

Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting, I would love to be your knight in shining armor. If you want to talk to a good friend cause you are very beautiful, you're, honest, sweet and tender, you can do with me at any moment, I am a good person, kind, loyal and sincere. My friendship that I offer you is clean and transparent. I congratulate to you, becbeauty, your charming figure, your pleasant and angelical smile, your personality, your happiness, your charm, your kindness, your beautiful eyes, your lips soft and exquisite, delicate your hands, your legs precious Your beautiful, spectacular and divine body, you have all these qualities and more, you are a wonderful and perfect woman, your gaze is tender and sweet, penetrating my soul. The beauty of a rose has no comparison with the sweetness of your face and the beauty of your heart. I am of the people, I like to have a good relationship with all my friends. Oh heavenly blessed beauty, whose inner beauty is simply diving and everlasting, I would love to be your knight in shining armor. If you want to talk to a good friend cause you are very beautiful, you're, honest, sweet and tender, you can do with me at any moment, I am a good person, kind, loyal and sincere. My friendship that I offer you is clean and transparent. I congratulate to you, becbeauty, your charming figure, your pleasant and angelical smile, your personality, your happiness, your charm, your kindness, your beautiful eyes, your lips soft and exquisite, delicate your hands, your legs precious Your beautiful, spectacular and divine body, you have all these qualities and more, you are a wonderful and perfect woman, your gaze is tender and sweet, penetrating my soul. The beauty of a rose has no comparison with the sweetness of your face and the beauty of your heart. I am of the people, I like to have a good relationship with all my friends.

yes....he did paste twice

:pac::pac::pac:

Apparently you are tender.

he said it twice so does that count for double? :P

twice as nice;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

booboo88 wrote: »
    I love when guys make it blatantly obvious its a copy and paste job.....

yes....he did paste twice

Maybe he just really wanted to get his point across :D

I'm jealous :eek: :D I'll swap you for a guy that wants to meet up 15 mins after 1st message ;)

Soft an exquisite lips too. Precious legs!

Your profile must be awesome.

when you got flaunt it? :P:o

• Advertisement

Hehe the awkward moment when a guy messages you introducing himself forgetting we already chatted before... maybe changing the profiler is the way to go :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement