Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

finipops wrote: »
    That's horrible! She must have felt really gutted after that.:o

She's really laid-back and said she didn't really care, after all they had met on a dating site and she was also messaging other guys. She has been on about 4 dates with a new guy it seems promising so hopefully he doesn't accidentally turn around and text her a message meant for someone else :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I joined a site last night and sent loads of messages, only 4 replied. i just uploaded a photo. If I dont get any activity in a week, I am deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Well I've been on match.com, POF & OKC one week now and it's a tad slow to put it mildly. I've gotten around 8 messages in total from the free sites, most with no photos and all very short like 'Hi, how are you?'. I've sent our around 60 messages over the 2 sites (haven't paid for match.com yet) but got very little response.

One thing that really gets under my skin is if a woman is even remotely attractive they will have a list of demands. Here is a rather mild example that I cut and pasted off POF:

Bit of a closed book, kinda iffy on this online dating stuff but willing to give it a chance....
    P.s I WILL NOT REPLY IF U JUST WRITE HI HOW ARE U!!!! Some imagination pls people ;)
    ** may be coming across a bit high maintenance or up myself or whatever else..im just a straight talker, knows what i want kinda gal :) more ppl on this should try the same! lol

I enjoy...
    Randomness
    Lil adventures
    Cocktails
    Travelling
    Good films/music
    Eating out
    Fun chats with exciting people

I def know what I dont want ha so feel free to write if you're..
    Genuine
    Have a good sense of humour
    Spontaneous, romantic
    A bit old school
    Know how to look after yourself, i.e not too much of a Mammys boy!
    Basically not a weirdo haha

Definitely don't write if u...
    Are nice onscreen but a creep behind it...u know who u are! Lol
    Smoke
    Have a long history on this website
    Smell
    Get VIP tables in clubs to lure girls
    Lurk in the corner of Coppers

This girl was okay looking, nothing really special, the type of girl that would be painfully bland in any other country yet she is online acting like she is gods gift to mankind. I really don't get it.

Has anyone else noticed the worrying trend of this sort of behaviour on these sites?

i actually know this girl!! she doesnt come across great really on pof saying that sort of stuff! but i do get where your coming from about the gods gift! she is ok looking but nothing special!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Laughing here at some of these things! Especially the better looking men v average looking women! Also, I don't think the girls profile above has anything wrong it per sé - nothing wrong with stating what you want/don't want. That's something i've learned from my last relationship! Always be clear about what you want/don't want - it saves hassle & hurt in the long run! No nasty surprises!

managerman wrote: »
    i actually know this girl!! she doesnt come across great really on pof saying that sort of stuff! but i do get where your coming from about the gods gift! she is ok looking but nothing special!
    How can you know her from a description?! Or you've seen this profile..............?!

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    I joined a site last night and sent loads of messages, only 4 replied. i just uploaded a photo. If I dont get any activity in a week, I am deleting it.
    Jesus give it a chance. you definitely need a photo. I generally wouldn't reply to anyone unless they were sending me a photo right away. I'm not shallow, but there needs to be some sort of physical attraction!

How can you know her from a description?! Or you've seen this profile..............?!

oh i noticed her profile whilst browsing around.. i remembered the description cause i was thinking to myself, why is she writing this stuff! but i do know her in person if thats what you need to know!

Jesus give it a chance. you definitely need a photo. I generally wouldn't reply to anyone unless they were sending me a photo right away. I'm not shallow, but there needs to be some sort of physical attraction!
    I told you i just uploaded a photo, Im not bad looking and dont wear loads of make up either.

oh i noticed her profile whilst browsing around.. i remembered the description cause i was thinking to myself, why is she writing this stuff! but i do know her in person if thats what you need to know!
    Haha I'm just being nosy! Like I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with being explicit about what you want/don't want. I'm quite a straight talker, and would have expressed as much on my profile and I got a man from it! :P

Lads ye sound like a pack of stalkers and I dont think ye should be pasting peoples profiles on here, its not fair.

• Advertisement

I told you i just uploaded a photo, Im not bad looking and dont wear loads of make up either.
    What's the make up got to do with the price of milk? :P

Good luck with it!

Lads ye sound like a pack of stalkers and I dont think ye should be pasting peoples profiles on here, its not fair.

i just re-posted!

What's the make up got to do with the price of milk? :P

Good luck with it!
    You buy milk cos you know what youre getting. With loads of make up you dont:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Still waiting on a few replies... One cute guy who I had high hopes has stopped mailing! Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Pembily wrote: »
    Still waiting on a few replies... One cute guy who I had high hopes has stopped mailing! Ah well.

Sorry :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

KTRIC wrote: »

Don't leave the lady hanging man! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Mailing one guy...one night in and he asked about meeting up.

Hmmm...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It'll all be down to wether or not you want to. Don't worry about how soon it may seem to be that he's asked you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

It'll all be down to wether or not you want to. Don't worry about how soon it may seem to be that he's asked you out.

Have to agree. I would rather meet sooner than later - saves mailing for ages, building up a rapport and an image and then it all going wrong on the first date!

KTRIC wrote: »

It's actually another boardsie :o
    Mailing one guy...one night in and he asked about meeting up.

Hmmm...

Sometimes the mailing gets boring, I like guys who are up front and ask fairly quickly.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, what is it with ye wimmins using dating sites to message other boardsies? :confused:

:P:pac:

Jaysus, what is it with ye wimmins using dating sites to message other boardsies? :confused:

:P:pac:

How do they know? I would have no idea if I was messaging a boardsie!

Dovies wrote: »
    How do they know? I would have no idea if I was messaging a boardsie!

Know Yer Nerds in Cool Vids & Pics.

Know Yer Clubbers, floating around in tGC here somewhere.

And from going to various beers.

So you either need to:

A) Perv more

or

2) Become more social with us folks

:cool:

A) Perv more

or

2) Become more social with us folks

:cool:

lol well im quite social (or I will be after the beers next month) so I guess I need to perv more!! :P

:P :pac:

I didn't find out he was a boardsie until after my first message :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Damn, foiled again !!! :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Was your first message "are you a boardsie?" :pac:

No, I didn't have a clue until later!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    No, I didn't have a clue until later!!!
    Ah, well hopefully it works out and he hasn't really stopped messaging!
    If he has, he has! I'll get over it... You get desensitised pretty quickly with online dating!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement