Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

awec wrote: »
    Pembily wrote: »
    No, I didn't have a clue until later!!!
    Ah, well hopefully it works out and he hasn't really stopped messaging!
    If he has, he has! I'll get over it... You get desensitised pretty quickly with online dating!

• Administrators Posts: 53,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

2) Become more social with us folks

:cool:

This is the best way :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pembily wrote: »
    This is the best way :)

It's perv'n in 3D!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

So I had a date towards the end of last week. :(

I'm trying to find a way of saying this that doesent sound incredibly shallow.
    Let's just say her definition of curves and mine don't line up.
    What's with this crack of putting up photos from when you used to be good-looking, or before you ate everything in sight :confused:

Like FFS, it's not like we're not going to spot the difference.

Before I get jumped on for being shallow, - actually no, go ahead, I just don't care anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Been there done that man,cropped photos and what not.I actually saw a profile that had dates on when the pics were taken,all 4 of them dated from May 2007,wtf like.Its not shallow at all,its false frickin advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

johnr1 wrote: »

What's with this crack of putting up photos from when you used to be good-looking, or before you ate everything in sight :confused:

Before I get jumped on for being shallow, - actually no, go ahead, I just don't care anymore.

No you're dead right. No point in lying about this sort of thing, its inevitable that you're caught out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Understandable enough johnr1, I'd be put off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Been there done that man,cropped photos and what not.I actually saw a profile that had dates on when the pics were taken,all 4 of them dated from May 2007,wtf like.Its not shallow at all,its false frickin advertising.

Lol happens to us all at some point I think! Tall, dark and handsome?? I think not! :eek:

Dovies wrote: »
    Lol happens to us all at some point I think! Tall, dark and handsome?? I think not! :eek:

Id use the line "regular height,dark, moderately attractive".
    :pac:

• Advertisement

johnr1 wrote: »

Ouch, that sucks!!! It's not shallow, it's the truth, you went on the date based on the pic and she mis-lead you! Bad start in my book!

People ask me when my photos are from and I say a year ago but then email a new one and there's no difference!!! But I have seen photos where people are really different and never know which one is current! It's very confusing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Got asked out for a coffee last night, not sure when but its a start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I've never had a date with anyone who was very different from their photos thankfully; it's always something I worry about when I'm heading into the coffee shop/bar to meet them. I don't know why you'd bother putting up misleading photos; you'd want to be fairly deluded to think your date wouldn't notice. I'd be mortified if I thought he was thinking 'wow she's much older/more overweight/whatever than her pics'. On a date recently I was told I look better in real life than my profile pics which was nice to hear but I thought I looked quite nice in my main photo which is why I picked it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Who in f**k's name describes themselves in those terms ?

I got a message yesterday from another gal with an interesting profile, seems smart, profile isn't the usual etc, but she's probably a size 24, or whatever, judging by the photos.

I'm now trying to decide whether to reply or not, I'm not in the slightest bit attracted to someone that size, but I appreciate her honesty in having the photos up.
    I'm thinking the best thing is to just not reply,- itd be just platitudes if i did, but then I'm left feeling like a cnut after she made the effort, and is clearly someone who understands what size she is, and the implications of that.
    Is knowing that I'm someone with manners going to make her feel better when I've made it clear that I'm not interested anyway? I doubt it.

Boards is gone funny again for me, I can't see the new posts :rolleyes:

Pem,

I thought I was going nuts not being able to see the responses in here the last 30 mins.

I have to click on reply to see the extra posts I'm missing :pac:

Me too but I think we are back on track now!
    I have a tentative date for Thursday!! :eek:

Phew, I thought I had gone insane!!

A girl asked me out on a date last night for tomorrow night which I accepted.We were then talking on the phone for a bit afterwards and she told me she will be bringing her own vodka in her handbag.

I emailed her today and cancelled the date.

:/

I think my recent delving into online will be over sooner rather than later.

And before anyone asks,hot girl dropped all contact about a week or so ago so thats dead in the water.

• Advertisement

A girl asked me out on a date last night for tomorrow night which I accepted.We were then talking on the phone for a bit afterwards and she told me she will be bringing her own vodka in her handbag.

You are joking! OMG!! :eek:

You are joking! OMG!! :eek:

Nope.

Now she is out of work atm which is fine,Ive been there myself but why suggest going for a few drinks if she would have to resort to that.I would generally pay for the drinks on a first date anyway but the thought of sitting there while she filled her glass was just a massive noooooo.

What did you say to her? Did you just cancel or tell her the truth as to why?

What did you say to her? Did you just cancel or tell her the truth as to why?

I just said "based on our conversation last night I dont think we would be compatible so its pointless meeting,best of luck with the site"

Twas grand,she mailed back and said no worries.

awec wrote: »
    Imagine the embarrassment if you got asked to leave the bar cause she got caught. :o

Oh God the brass neck! Have to ask how old??

:/

YIKES, nutso!

If I am on a night out I may bring my own vodka, but when on a date NEVER!!! I always buy every second drink and it's rarely that many as getting hammered = NNONO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have a date tomorrow night, 7pm :)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement