Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dovies wrote: »
    Oh God the brass neck! Have to ask how old??

She was only 24 so its somewhat forgivable but its a big no no from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

awec wrote: »
    Buying a round on a date would be really awkward if someone brought their own drink.

I wouldn't feel right just buying them a mixer. Especially seeing as a mixer usually lasts 2 drinks.

Well, I'd be thinking "If we're only going out for a couple of drinks in the middle of the week, why is she looking to sneak in some drink?"

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

It'll all be down to wether or not you want to. Don't worry about how soon it may seem to be that he's asked you out.
    I suppose so, I'm just not used to the up frontedness!
    Have to agree. I would rather meet sooner than later - saves mailing for ages, building up a rapport and an image and then it all going wrong on the first date!
    Pembily wrote: »
    It's actually another boardsie :o

Sometimes the mailing gets boring, I like guys who are up front and ask fairly quickly.

Both really good points, suppose I'll go for it! ;)

A girl asked me out on a date last night for tomorrow night which I accepted.We were then talking on the phone for a bit afterwards and she told me she will be bringing her own vodka in her handbag.

I emailed her today and cancelled the date.

:/

I think my recent delving into online will be over sooner rather than later.

And before anyone asks,hot girl dropped all contact about a week or so ago so thats dead in the water.

What a class act! Was she planning on drinking in a field beforehand? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Nope.

Now she is out of work atm which is fine,Ive been there myself but why suggest going for a few drinks if she would have to resort to that.I would generally pay for the drinks on a first date anyway but the thought of sitting there while she filled her glass was just a massive noooooo.

My female friends do all the time cant see what the problem is

• Advertisement

Rastapitts wrote: »
    I just think a first date should be where you try to make an impression.

I think I would get the impression that this girl was a bit cheap. Sure she's out of work and I totally appreciate that but still. I know I've done it myself before but that would be on college nights out, not a date.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

johnr1 wrote: »
    So I had a date towards the end of last week. :(

I'm trying to find a way of saying this that doesent sound incredibly shallow.
    Let's just say her definition of curves and mine don't line up.
    What's with this crack of putting up photos from when you used to be good-looking, or before you ate everything in sight :confused:

Like FFS, it's not like we're not going to spot the difference.

Before I get jumped on for being shallow, - actually no, go ahead, I just don't care anymore.

I've got 7 or 8 photos up, and I change them about a bit. I've got one full length one included, as well as one where I'm sitting and the rest are pretty much face shots. I'd hate to think someone was disappointed meeting me IRL, compared to my photos :eek:
    I'm not a skinny girl, just an average 12, but I believe not all men want skin 'n' bones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Rastapitts wrote: »

On a date :eek:
    I just think a first date should be where you try to make an impression.

I think I would get the impression that this girl was a bit cheap. Sure she's out of work and I totally appreciate that but still. I know I've done it myself before but that would be on college nights out, not a date.

Yup on nights out with friends, not a one-on-one date!!! Was she planning on being hammered?
    I wouldn't say cheapness is the real issue, I'd say it's the awkwardness.

1. Her having to sneakily fill her glass
    2. The potential for getting caught
    3. The strange way you'd be buying rounds.

Exactly... All odd!

On a date :eek:

Yup on nights out with friends, not a one-on-one date!!! Was she planning on being hammered?

Exactly... All odd!

I just have visions of her doing shots out of her naggan!
    Hahaha sorry, too funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Speaking of spotting boardsies online, think I have too... which prob means I've been spotted too ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

i was tired last night so couldn't be bothered reading through profiles and coming up with thoughtful messages that wouldn't even be opened, so instead i sent the below message to as many profiles as possible....

"well helllllllllllllllllooooooooooo there babes...."

only got a few replies :confused:

The fact you got a single reply shocks me. :)

must of been you so? ;)

I don't get messages. :o

that's too bad, would you feel better if i had messaged you heeelllllllllllllooooo babes?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have on my profile that you must at least be prepared to send me a pic if you dont have one up. One blind date was enough.

Fair enough?

Some guy has just emailed me to say sorry that it didnt work out for me but I really should say 'visually impaired' and not 'blind' date! :eek:

I really dont have the patience today!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I have on my profile that you must at least be prepared to send me a pic if you dont have one up. One blind date was enough.

Fair enough?

It doesn't bother me because I have a picture up and only look at profiles with pictures.

I just find it a bit of a nusinace seeing my face in the message histroy all the time when someone sets a requirement for a pic.

Not that I have a problem looking at myself :P

It doesn't bother me because I have a picture up and only look at profiles with pictures.

I just find it a bit of a nusinace seeing my face in the message histroy all the time when someone sets a requirement for a pic.

Not that I have a problem looking at myself :P

there is bound to be some hotties there with pics on private though.

A hot girl just viewed me but then didn't message, im going to mail her now asking what her game is.

bordsie wrote: »
    there is bound to be some hotties there with pics on private though.

A hot girl just viewed me but then didn't message, im going to mail her now asking what her game is.

Guys do this to me and I message and get no response :confused: Ye men are odd :P

• Advertisement

Guys do this to me and I message and get no response :confused: Ye men are odd :P
    Us men are easy!

Message us and don't come across as nuts and you've got yourself a date! :pac:
    If only it was that easy!

If only it was that easy!

Exactly - although we wouldnt have this thread if it was! :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I'm often surprised by the opposite tbh. If a gal checks out my profile and doesent message me, I'd take it that she was initially interested in the photo, but read something in my profile that she didn't like.
    Same if I check out some girls profile but see stuff I don't like, - then she messages me two days later and I'm wondering why? If I was interested in the first place I'd have messaged.

johnr1 wrote: »
    I'm often surprised by the opposite tbh. If a gal checks out my profile and doesent message me, I'd take it that she was initially interested in the photo, but read something in my profile that she didn't like.

I often click on profiles that I like the photo of. Then something in the profile isnt for me or the photo was better in the distance! :D
    Men do the same thing to my profile I guess too. Have lots of views and no mail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mailing one guy...one night in and he asked about meeting up.

Hmmm...

I messaged a guy the other day asking him (joking) to marry me in my first message. He replied, and seemed nice and funny, so I asked him on a date!

He wasn't put off, and actually seemed pleasantly surprised! We're meeting up this weekend. :)

In my opinion, if someone has a decent profile, you can have a fair idea from that if you're interested in meeting up in person. I think it's too easy for things to get lost in translation in text, particularly when you don't know the person and don't know their mannerisms and sense of humour. That's why I'd always much rather arrange to meet up face-to-face as soon as possible.

I guess also sometimes a girl will view a guys profile hoping that will make him message her as she doesn't want to make the first move. that's why if she is hot ill ask her what her game is

• Advertisement

Yis must be messaging the wrong guys! :D :pac:

Clearly! :D:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement