Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

When is it exactly?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503003

Ya might be loved up by then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Just dont show them naked pictures of your ex on your phone and you willl be fine.

What did I miss?

Larianne wrote: »

Don't know about that now! Haha.

What are peoples thoughts on the type of person you 'go' for. This girl is a bit different to me. We are kind of opposites but if I'm honest I kind of like that.

What are peoples thoughts on the type of person you 'go' for. This girl is a bit different to me. We are kind of opposites but if I'm honest I kind of like that.

Well if you guys get on, what's wrong with that? :)

Having said that, I did go on a few dates with a guy who was a bit 'off the wall' and it ended up being too 'off the wall' for my liking. :cool: But I think its good experience either way. Like you said, you haven't been on many dates in the past 9 years. Be good for ya. :)

Well if you guys get on, what's wrong with that? :)

Having said that, I did go on a few dates with a guy who was a bit 'off the wall' and it ended up being too 'off the wall' for my liking. :cool: But I think its good experience either way. Like you said, you haven't been on many dates in the past 9 years. Be good for ya. :)

Well, she isn't off the wall, more just a little different in terms of interests. Seems quite easy going. As you say, good experience either way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

What did I miss?

I posted about it a few days ago a girl I met on POF last year asked me to look at her phone then showed me naked pictures of her ex on our first date.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

anyone going to the POF singles nite on sat?

Rastapitts wrote: »

I think that would be a little scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Rastapitts wrote: »

Its likely to be a complete sausage fest :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think that would be a little scary.

Scary would be one way to describe it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KateMiddleton

Don't know about that now! Haha.

I'm pretty open I think it's worth a shot for a date you never know what the chemistry would be like. I'm actually just starting to date someone now who plays computer games and that would have been basically my number one thing on my list of no's but he's adorable so I think he's worth a shot.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll appreciate being called "adorable" :D

I wish someone would call me adorable. :(

:D

I wish someone would call me adorable. :(

:D

I'll remember this. :D

Just was reminded of another thing which is annoying/off putting on peoples profiles - guys giving the finger in photos. I mean, really? :rolleyes: Also, having a fag hanging out of their mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Haven't been following the thread much recently, anyone have any dates or any lined up?

Samich wrote: »
    Haven't been following the thread much recently, anyone have any dates or any lined up?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yes.

...cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eva_C

Hi all, been a reader of this forum for a little while (okay, slight fib - a couple of weeks) & found it a good read, so, thought I'd register & post. Online Dating is definitely different! I signed up last Jan to 'get outside my comfort' zone & wow, has it been outside my comfort zone.. It's been fun at times, but, still feels a little weird for me to be honest. For those of you asking about the upcoming POF event, I'd say just go & check it out. I went with a friend to the last one in Dub & it was......well, different. Loads of people there, all age groups. Everyone was friendly & willing to chat. I guess, my friend & I just felt a little bit too outside our comfort zone & didn't stay all night. But hey, you have nothing to loose by going, so, why not just check it out...if it's not for you, you'll know. Good luck if anyone chooses to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I'll remember this. :D

Just was reminded of another thing which is annoying/off putting on peoples profiles - guys giving the finger in photos. I mean, really? :rolleyes: Also, having a fag hanging out of their mouth!

Got a mail this week from a guy doing both these things.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Got a mail this week from a guy doing both these things.

:rolleyes:

How lucky were YOU! :pac:

How lucky were YOU! :pac:

I know, all he was short of was a can of Dutch Cold and a skanger hat.

Sexy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I know, all he was short of was a can of Dutch Cold and a skanger hat.

Sexy ;)

Did he have a horse outside ?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

My tactic of waiting for the fish to jump out of the water and into my waiting arms does not seem to be panning out so well so last night I have no commenced "charm offensive alpha".

Unfortunately my idea of charm seems to be an endless barrage of jovial abuse, the crazy thing is so far it seems to be working. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It'd suck when they find out yer a decent bloke. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm pretty open I think it's worth a shot for a date you never know what the chemistry would be like. I'm actually just starting to date someone now who plays computer games and that would have been basically my number one thing on my list of no's but he's adorable so I think he's worth a shot.

Why on earth would that be a reason for not dating somebody?

KTRIC wrote: »
    Did he have a horse outside ?? :pac:

A girl can only dream!

Maguined wrote: »
    My tactic of waiting for the fish to jump out of the water and into my waiting arms does not seem to be panning out so well so last night I have no commenced "charm offensive alpha".

Unfortunately my idea of charm seems to be an endless barrage of jovial abuse, the crazy thing is so far it seems to be working. :cool:

See now, I love a bit of abuse. Too much niceness bores me.

Yes I'm a bitch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

py2006 wrote: »

Why on earth would that be a reason for not dating somebody?

Sometimes there are blokes that get too into games and obsessive about'em, or do very little else.

It's often just few that make a bad name for most more so in that regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

See now, I love a bit of abuse. Too much niceness bores me.

Yes I'm a bitch.

PM me your profile name and I will send you a personalised mail of abuse tailored to your very profile. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement