Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Did I mention I've a date tomorrow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeap, your 4th in 9 years too.

Yeap, your 4th in 9 years too.

Do you think I'm moving a little fast?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Do you think I'm moving a little fast?

If its the same girl that'd be rather slow :pac:

I've never been one for dating myself. Had one last week and that was my first in over 2 1/2 years. Would most likely have been my 3rd overall at most. I think.

I've got one coming up on Sunday myself with another girl.

If its the same girl that'd be rather slow :pac:

I've never been one for dating myself. Had one last week and that was my first in over 2 1/2 years. Would most likely have been my 3rd overall at most. I think.

Either that or she is very patient. :D In all seriousness, I was in a long term relationship so the 9 years is related to that. So it's more like 4 dates in two years. Like you, I've not really been mad about dating. Feels a bit weird after all this time!

• Advertisement

Either that or she is very patient. :D In all seriousness, I was in a long term relationship so the 9 years is related to that. So it's more like 4 dates in two years. Like you, I've not really been mad about dating. Feels a bit weird after all this time!

Hmm, well by overall I meant ever, not within the last 2 1/2 years.

Yeah, it can be a bit wierd alright. As is anything that you've not done much of in general.

Good luck with it tomorrow anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:D I had a fun night anyway, as to what he thinks now is a mystery. we'll see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Maguined wrote: »
    My tactic of waiting for the fish to jump out of the water and into my waiting arms does not seem to be panning out so well so last night I have no commenced "charm offensive alpha".

Unfortunately my idea of charm seems to be an endless barrage of jovial abuse, the crazy thing is so far it seems to be working. :cool:

Your messages are different and that's the difference! :)

Yes. Good luck with that. ARe you nervous, are YOU?? :pac:

Good luck on the date Drav! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

PM me your profile name and I will send you a personalised mail of abuse tailored to your very profile. :pac:
    You sure know how to make a girl weak at the knees!
    :D I had a fun night anyway, as to what he thinks now is a mystery. we'll see I guess.

Yay! I like the positivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Your messages are different and that's the difference! :)

Apparently so as "charm offensive alpha" is mission successful. Date next week.

:cool:
    You sure know how to make a girl weak at the knees!

Kick them in the shins? :p

• Advertisement

Yay! I like the positivity!

:D
    Apparently so as "charm offensive alpha" is mission successful. Date next week.

:cool:

you're a fast mover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

you're a fast mover.

All is fair in love and war, no point in sitting back and letting a smarter, more attractive, funnier and wealthier man get in there first. Blitzkrieg all the way!

All is fair in love and war, no point in sitting back and letting a smarter, more attractive, funnier and wealthier man get in there first. Blitzkrieg all the way!

no, you're dead right!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KateMiddleton

py2006 wrote: »
    Why on earth would that be a reason for not dating somebody?

Because it's something I find a bit odd like some people mightn't want to date someone that isn't interested in music like me. some people might find that so odd they couldn't date me?

How long has it taken you to realise this?! :pac:

I'm chatting to two nice fellas. Although its been a week with one fella and it's looking more like a penpal situation. The other, I'd say I'd get a date outta him in after the weekend. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

How long has it taken you to realise this?! :pac:

I'm chatting to two nice fellas. Although its been a week with one fella and it's looking more like a penpal situation. The other, I'd say I'd get a date outta him in after the weekend. :pac:

That happened me, it got to the stage where it felt like I was writing an essay everytime I mailed him... it was painful.

Also 'get a date outta him' .. I like your style Larianne!

• Administrators Posts: 53,457 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

That happened me, it got to the stage where it felt like I was writing an essay everytime I mailed him... it was painful.

I'm quite happy though to keep it as it is with this particular dude. I'm broke at the moment and could picture him wanting to go on a 'mad one'.
    Also 'get a date outta him' .. I like your style Larianne!

Ah, I'm well experienced at it at this stage! :o :pac:

awec wrote: »
    "Fella"

UGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That word gives me the creeps. :pac:

:cool: Actually, its not a word I use to describe a man often. ITs usually guy or dude. I'd never say "Me fella."

I shall remember your hatred of that word. ;)

• Advertisement

I'd really hate to be described by a girl as "me fella". "This is me fella". Ugh. :mad:

Kinda the same way as a guy says "bird" or "me missus".
    Hopefully you remember for the right reason and not to simply torture me. :pac:

Oh, only for this reason of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Because it's something I find a bit odd like some people mightn't want to date someone that isn't interested in music like me. some people might find that so odd they couldn't date me?

Fair play to you, but computer games have over taken or are overtaking Hollywood now in terms of how much the industry is worth and the biggest gaming demographic is males in their mid 20 to mid 30s. In fact I'd have thought it more odd to see a profile of a guy in that age bracket in which he says that he doesn't play computer games.

How's the online dating going for you awec?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KateMiddleton

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Fair play to you, but computer games have over taken or are overtaking Hollywood now in terms of how much the industry is worth and the biggest gaming demographic is males in their mid 20 to mid 30s. In fact I'd have thought it more odd to see a profile of a guy in that age bracket in which he says that he doesn't play computer games.

Really??? But there are so many other hobbies out there?
    THis guy didn't have it on his profile. I wouldn't have gone on the date if he had but he's lured me in with a marvellous date and lots of texting and I was kinda hooked by the time he revealed it.

Yes. Good luck with that. ARe you nervous, are YOU?? :pac:

Don't be ridiculous. I never get nervous. Ever. Honest.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pp76

Hi All
    Can ye help me i'm thinking of trying online dating can anybody tell me the best site's to try ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I need feedback on whether I should, in desperation, go back to Online Dating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement