Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

booboo88 wrote: »
    theres only one guy messaging me, he seems to be online ALOT! But I cant even read his messages without getting a headache...txt spk @ 27.

Seriously?

I got a few messages from a 21 year old girl that were all in txt speak. I didn't understand whole sections of her mails. The worst part is she's a trainee primary school teacher. I don't think she knows what spelling, punctuation or grammar are.

POF date number 2 is organised with a French girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Hey your sexy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey your gorgeous

I mean, do these people not know the you, your and you're rule?! Honestly!

On a more serious note... Is it bad that I can't bring myself to reply to these? Just for once I'd love someone who took interest in my profile. And someone with clothes on in his photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Hey your sexy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey your gorgeous

I mean, do these people not know the you, your and you're rule?! Honestly!

On a more serious note... Is it bad that I can't bring myself to reply to these? Just for once I'd love someone who took interest in my profile. And someone with clothes on in his photos.

Hey you're correct there!;)

I know it's something small but small things like that wreck my buzz completely.

Is it too difficult to know the difference between their/there/they're, two/too/to, your/you're?? Impressed?:cool:

I just sent a message to a girl and I think she broke the land speed record when moving the mouse to hit delete! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

Hi have joined okcupid again a few weeks ago to see the new year changes. Would someone have a look at my profile see if(where) it needs updating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Does anybody get messages from people at all hours of the night? I know there's lot of reasons for people to be up at night but I'd never email a potential date at 3am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I got a few messages from a 21 year old girl that were all in txt speak. I didn't understand whole sections of her mails. The worst part is she's a trainee primary school teacher. I don't think she knows what spelling, punctuation or grammar are.

POF date number 2 is organised with a French girl.

It's a bit frightening....
    Im getting nowhere on that site anyway :(

phoenix833 wrote: »
    Hey you're correct there!;)

I know it's something small but small things like that wreck my buzz completely.

Is it too difficult to know the difference between their/there/they're, two/too/to, your/you're?? Impressed?:cool:

I just sent a message to a girl and I think she broke the land speed record when moving the mouse to hit delete! :pac::pac:

Oh it drives me insane! Then sometimes I think maybe I'm too picky, but no, I'm sorry, I love me a bit of good grammar. How do you know she deleted it?! Can you tell?
    Does anybody get messages from people at all hours of the night? I know there's lot of reasons for people to be up at night but I'd never email a potential date at 3am.

Yes! Now at 3am I'm either in a Taxi singing Adele or in my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Coming home after a night out..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

People who initiate contact at 3am are just horny.

Coming home after a night out..?

That could explain some of the messages I've recieved!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm leaving this thread:)

Best of luck to everyone:)
    Whoop whoop :)

Oh it drives me insane! Then sometimes I think maybe I'm too picky, but no, I'm sorry, I love me a bit of good grammar. How do you know she deleted it?! Can you tell?

Yeah for some reason I can. It says either read/unread/deleted. Mostly the latter:cool:

The messaging at 3am slightly drunk overall has worked out ok with me. Probably got more replies when I drunk messaged than when I was sober.

*Cracks open drinks cabinet*

Yeah for some reason I can. It says either read/unread/deleted. Mostly the latter:cool:

The messaging at 3am slightly drunk overall has worked out ok with me. Probably got more replies when I drunk messaged than when I was sober.

*Cracks open drinks cabinet*

Maybe I'll actually message a few more if I do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Got the following gem on logging out of POF today -
    “Online Dating SECRET #1:

The Best Profile Picture You Can Use...

I'm going to start this article by giving away my very best secret. And the only reason I'm telling you this is because I've just decided to swear off online dating for good. (I'll tell you more about that in a second, too)

But you should know: There's one profile picture that women LOVE. They can't get enough of it. And it's really counter intuitive.

This secret profile picture is the SLEEPING PICTURE.

Have someone take a picture of you sleeping and post it as one of your pictures. Not your main one. Usually your very last picture.

I guarantee your number of messages returned, views to messages, etc etc etc will go up almost instantly. (As long as the rest of your profile is cool, of course)

The reason this works is based on Psychology 101: It shows your vulnerable side. Which makes you a human, instead of just another dating profile.

Simple. Effective. Deadly.

Here was me thinking that it might have been a bad profile that was preventing me from getting replies or views - turns out its because I don't have a picture of myself asleep uploaded. How did I never think of this before :P

c - 13 wrote: »
    Got the following gem on logging out of POF today -Here was me thinking that it might have been a bad profile that was preventing me from getting replies or views - turns out its because I don't have a picture of myself asleep uploaded. How did I never think of this before :P

Ah dude...how did you not know?? That picture is the reason I'm getting so much attention:D

Those tips are hilarious..."Watch this video and you will be sleeping with hundreds of girls by this saturday"..."I had so many women I kept a log book. All nines and tens!":pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I sent someone a message the other day and she clicked on "yes" she'd want to meet me...

...well why didnt ya bloody reply then??? :confused:

This has happened again last night with another woman. Are some of'em just not looking at their inbox?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

caesar wrote: »
    I changed my location to London on POF, it's doesnt seem to be coping with the change at all, it either thinks I'm at home or in the North :confused:

Turns out I just needed to put in the postcode.

Anyway, I actually had a look at that video on the POF site on improving your profile. Most of it is obvious stuff but I did make a few small changes, tweaks if you like. Added more pictures and decided to change my main picture to see if it makes any difference.

I haven't had much look in terms of replies but I've only sent a handful messages which I put some thought into, oh well! I'll see how things go after todays re-jig. Must do the same with my OKC profile.

This has happened again last night with another woman. Are some of'em just not looking at their inbox?

A girl before added me to her favourites, said she wanted to meet me, viewed my profile so I message her.

Not a dickey bird back!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A girl before added me to her favourites, said she wanted to meet me, viewed my profile so I message her.

Not a dickey bird back!!

And THEY can't find any decent guys... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Happened twice to me. Girl clicks yes in meet me so i message them and then not a word back.
    Pretty annoying alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I don't take any notice of the "meet me" feature at all and i don't message the sender when i receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just got a message from a guy on pof and all it said was "Wel" , seriously, is it that hard to spell one word?

Also got a message earlier and it said "Hws you?" Honestly, im really starting to lose faith in people....:(

andreac wrote: »
    Just got a message from a guy on pof and all it said was "Wel" , seriously, is it that hard to spell one word?

Also got a message earlier and it said "Hws you?" Honestly, im really starting to lose faith in people....:(

Hey Hun xxxx

is another of my personal favourites!

finipops wrote: »
    I don't take any notice of the "meet me" feature at all and i don't message the sender when i receive them.

Ah, wouldn't be too worried about them clicking on "Meet Me" if I hadn't messaged them already.

Only people who've really been back and forward with me where women who clicked "meet me."

The thing I don't understand is when a few clicked "meet me" a week after I had messaged them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hey Hun xxxx

is another of my personal favourites!

Yeah i get those too. Thing is i have on my profile that i hate text speak!! So they musn't be able to read either.

Not a dickey bird back!!

And THEY can't find any decent guys... :rolleyes:

A guy viewed my profile and in his profile said he was attracted to girls who are confident so brownie points if the girl messages, so I messaged, he viewd my profile again and NADA?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone else think OKCupid has gone pretty quiet over the last few weeks?
    Used to get at least one new message a week,but getting nada since December. Messaged a few people and not heared anything back??Y u no message me okcupid??

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Apparently I'm 'probably the only preety girl in Cork' wow these men on pof are charmers:rolleyes:

newbee22 wrote: »
    Apparently I'm 'probably the only preety girl in Cork' wow these men on pof are charmers:rolleyes:

God definitely spent a little more time on you to make you so beautiful, so please get in touch it would make my 2012.

I nearly wet myself!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

newbee22 wrote: »

Sounds like a keeper :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement