Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

awec wrote: »
    Join the club.

My messages are longer than 2 words, they are spelled correctly with grammar that at least closely resembles English.

And I bet those illiterate hacks still get more replies!

Time for a change of tactic I think.

No more referring to a girls profile or her nice smile or nice eyes, it's time to move onto the ass. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who doesn't like when guys say this? Obviously it's a bit better than saying 'nice ass' :pac: But I still feel uncomfortable when a guy messages me saying 'hey you're beautiful. really nice smile and eyes...' etc.

Well, not that I get that anymore with my pics on private lol

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Join the club.

My messages are longer than 2 words, they are spelled correctly with grammar that at least closely resembles English.

And I bet those illiterate hacks still get more replies!

Time for a change of tactic I think.

No more referring to a girls profile or her nice smile or nice eyes, it's time to move onto the ass. :rolleyes:

...No. Just no. If most girls were me they should run screaming for the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like when guys say this? Obviously it's a bit better than saying 'nice ass' :pac: But I still feel uncomfortable when a guy messages me saying 'hey you're beautiful. really nice smile and eyes...' etc.

Yeah, I don't like the "omg u so sexii type either". It's nice when people actually refer to something on your profile though and show that they can actually read, it doesn't happen that often! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sure it can be done in a tasteful way when the conversation has started to flow. But I never replied to messages like that back when I had my pics up.

Anyone have dates coming up? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

VinLieger wrote: »
    If this is the competition im up against message wise im horribly confused as to why im still not getting any replies

Maybe I can explain

This is how most of you think you look when writing thoughtful messages to every girl as she pops up on "new users" on pof...

leslie2.jpg

how you actually appear....

2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah i dont really do that either, I just say "hey i like your profile" and then mention a few things from the profile and ask a couple of questions. Then ask if they'd be interested in chatting sometime

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    Wow, what the hell is wrong with these people ???

Any truth in the second message !!! :-p

Pfft, just horny men with a horribly distorted idea of flattery :pac:
    If this is the competition im up against message wise im horribly confused as to why im still not getting any replies

You really should be tbh, you seem to understand how writing more than "hows tricks bbz" is a good thing :D
    ...No. Just no. If most girls were me they should run screaming for the hills.

Currently what I'm doing on POF...

Ach I dunno with POF anymore! THe kinda guys I'm attracted to never message me, I know that seems harsh but it's true. I always message back though, out of courtesy.

And then the ones that I am attracted to.. well I'm too shy to message them usually!
    :/

And then the ones that I am attracted to.. well I'm too shy to message them usually!

I do the same thing :o

Sometimes I just view the page a few times and psychically scream at them to message me (without including the word bbz :pac: )

Pathetic, I know I know....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

bordsie wrote: »
    Maybe I can explain

This is how most of you think you look when writing thoughtful messages to every girl as she pops up on "new users" on pof...

leslie2.jpg

how you actually appear....

2.gif

Yeah i can see the reasoning behind that except i dont camp out in the new users tab, i use the matches and meet me features to find people im interested in

Sometimes I just view the page a few times and psychically scream at them to message me (without including the word bbz :pac: )

What have you got to lose by messaging them? Great thing about online dating - you don't need the guts to go up to someone and chat them up - if they don't reply, it's no biggie! You're unlikely to come across them in real life and if you do, it will probably have been forgotten.

Go for it!

What have you got to lose by messaging them? Great thing about online dating - you don't need the guts to go up to someone and chat them up - if they don't reply, it's no biggie! You're unlikely to come across them in real life and if you do, it will probably have been forgotten.

Go for it!

Nah, it seems to be working most of the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's online dating. Nothing to lose, but potentially alot to win. :) Message them sure!

Worst thing that can happen is they don't reply, and while you waiting on that reply, you ladies probably are bombarded with loadsa new messages from potentially guys that you are attracted to. :)

Message them! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't have POF. There looks to be far too many people in it who belong in the nuthouse.

What's yer type timewilltell? :D

Well, someone who is not crazy! I suppose I'm someone whose in to music and sport, and comedy etc. And I appreciate someone who can strink a sentence together, so maybe I'm just asking too much from POF!

YES! This is me in a nutshell. Because I'm crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

And I appreciate someone who can strink a sentence together, so maybe I'm just asking too much from POF!

I loled. :D

GrumPy wrote: »
    I loled. :D

Im off to beat myself up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

Yeah i can see the reasoning behind that except i dont camp out in the new users tab, i use the matches and meet me features to find people im interested in

lighten up :rolleyes:

Try pastures new timewilltell if pof ain't working.

I think it might be time! :)

• Advertisement

If all else fails there's always Coppers :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement