Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

FC1988 wrote: »
    If you wouldn't mind, could you find the time to take a quick look at mine??

Sure, no prob, just pm me the link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Will take a look too if you like?

Is anyone going to the Guinness and Rollies night out this Friday in Cassidy's in Dublin?

Is anyone going to the Guinness and Rollies night out this Friday in Cassidy's in Dublin?

???

blacklilly wrote: »
    it can be really frustrating but these girls you're talking about are obviously just not worth it. Its happened to me as well, in fact id say it has happened to everyone on online dating!

Its happening to me at the minute.....absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel but im living in hope! All we can do im afraid Owen.

• Advertisement

dub5 wrote: »
    ???

Its another thread, fair few people from this thread converse on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

How's it all going folks? Anyone onto a winner?

Samich wrote: »
    How's it all going folks? Anyone onto a winner?

Not an ounce of it......its all quiet on the Eastern front! For me anyway :(

Done, had a look at yours and gave my honest advice, hope it helps

Can I also give you a tip for the on line dating.

If you are finding that you are not getting alot of messages, apart from getting someone to review your profile, as others will pick up on things that you might not.....always have about 3 pictures up and rotate the pictures, so change your main profile picture from time to time as the opposite sex will think that you are a new user and will look into your profile.

I dont know about you, but the same aul faces come up everytime I log in, and when you see a new picture of someone, its all very exciting....lol

So give it a try and see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I wouldn't mind going but alas I have no babysitter and I am on the other side of the country the next day so it's not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't know if it's just me but it doesn't bother me that much that I get blanked on those sites. I mean sometimes it does if I'm getting zero replies, but as long as I'm getting a few, I don't care so much if I'm blanked by the majority. One thing that does irk me a bit are girl who go as far as giving you their number, but who then don't reply or respond to calls or texts. Why bother in the first place.

I had a girl click yes on that meet me thing earlier. Checked out her profile, said "she isn't looking for any kind of a relationship as she is a commitment phobe". Glad she put that on her profile so I didn't waste my time getting in touch. It's not like I'm looking to get married tomorrow, but at the same time, not really looking to be a disposable cup for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I need to get some new snaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

newbee22 wrote: »
    I need to get some new snaps!

Me too. There was some candid ones taken at the weekend so I should take a look at them and see if there is any useful ones.

Candid ones are good, better than posed ones!! I have a fascination with making funny faces in pictures, my current favourite pose being a mocking of the duck face pictures, don't think they'd get me much attention!

156479_10150872844987804_534202803_9941966_1287329016_n.jpg

I'd advise girls not to put up the "pout like a trout" pics on their profile. They're kind of a turn off, for me at least. I much prefer normal pics where the person is just smiling normally.

People would run for the hills if they saw my funny pics, mocking the bebo stunnah types for the laugh! Duck face is all the rage now and I don't understand it but still it's funny to mock it :p

Not trying to eliminate people who are not from Dublin, but for those that are, and are in theirs 30's, where does one go out at the weekend? I am getting sick of going to the same places all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just to point out, someone showing up as being online doesn't necessarily mean they are. I used to leave the phone app logged in all the time, but it didn't mean I was physically viewing the site.

That's peculiar. POF logs me out if I go 5 minutes without clicking on anything (ie: if leave it open in another tab). Bear in mind I'm on a computer as opposed to the app so maybe the app doesn't have an auto log out feature.
    How does it work with everybody else?

PS: someone replied, the streak is broken!

Galvasean wrote: »
    That's peculiar. POF logs me out if I go 5 minutes without clicking on anything (ie: if leave it open in another tab). Bear in mind I'm on a computer as opposed to the app so maybe the app doesn't have an auto log out feature.
    How does it work with everybody else?

PS: someone replied, the streak is broken!

On the app, it keeps you logged in all the time and yeh you are right, it will log you off after a certain amount of time on the computer

• Advertisement

dub5 wrote: »
    On the app, it keeps you logged in all the time and yeh you are right, it will log you off after a certain amount of time on the computer

Hmm, gotta get me one of them fancy internet phones so i can revert back to the snapping turtle technique! :pac:

Think I have annoyed everyone on POF, Tagged, Badoo,OKC.....so last chance saloon, Smooch here we come! :D

Think I have annoyed everyone on POF, Tagged, Badoo,OKC.....so last chance saloon, Smooch here we come! :D

Tagged is a god awful site. Although there is a possibility of something happening for me with a girl who had bf at the time, a small possibility (.1%), but more chance than I've ever had with anyone :)

Samich wrote: »
    Although there is a possibility of something happening for me with a girl who had bf at the time, a small possibility (.1%), but more chance than I've ever had with anyone :)

Wait, she has a boyfriend? Run away fast! :eek:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Wait, she has a boyfriend? Run away fast! :eek:

Not anymore. It's a long long long complicated story. I haven't met her or anything. She broke up at the weekend with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I just took my pics down from POF. Haha, I bet i'll get tons more messages sans pix. :D

Mailed a girl on POF the other day, no reply. Last night I get an email saying she clicked Yes on the Meet me thing. What's that about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Having a bit more luck lately.

Have started talking to a girl on okc and she is kind of great actually! We send quite long messages to each other. 5 or 6 at this stage... Surely time to bite the bullet soon and ask can we meet isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

timmy880 wrote: »

Have started talking to a girl on okc and she is kind of great actually! We send quite long messages to each other. 5 or 6 at this stage... Surely time to bite the bullet soon and ask can we meet isn't it??

Ask her out already! :)

• Advertisement

timmy880 wrote: »

Yeah go for it, think that's an adequate amount of messages!

Never really got into OKC, does anyone rate any site above POF?

I joined Smooch last night and there seems to be a few more country pumpkins like myself than there are on the other sites!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement