Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have a date lined up tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have a date lined up tonight. :)

You gonna let her have a bite of your toffee crisp? :D

Larianne wrote: »
    You gonna let her have a bite of your toffee crisp? :D

She doesn't like Toffee Crisps...

FREEEEEEEEAK. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

She doesn't like Toffee Crisps...

FREEEEEEEEAK. :pac:

On the one hand I say dump the weirdo as who doesn't like toffee crisps? On the other hand I am thinking more toffee crisp for you!

Maguined wrote: »
    On the one hand I say dump the weirdo as who doesn't like toffee crisps? On the other hand I am thinking more toffee crisp for you!

Come to think of it, I'm not even a big fan of them. :pac: I'll eat them but they wouldn't be my chocolate bar of choice. I'm all about the Moro bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well looks like im on the hunt again :(

The guy i was seeing for last 6 weeks has lost interest but took it for me to ask him what was going on as he couldnt seem to able to tell me himself.

Got the whole i have no time, busy with work crap, but yet hes in his friends practically every eve of the week:rolleyes:

Just wish people could be honest and just say they arent interested in you that way anymore, i had bull sh** excuses and lies.

Honestly think i need to give OD a break for a while as ive had no luck really on it for the last year or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I think I need to get into the swing of thing again and give it another shot.
    Anyone can to give my profiles a looking over before I update them?

Gillo wrote: »

Send us a PM there and I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Send us a PM there and I'll have a look.
    Thanks I'll send it in when I get home, um, kinda strange getting another guys opinion of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Thanks I'll send it in when I get home, um, kinda strange getting another guys opinion of it!!

I'm a wimminz (oh yes, they really are on the internetz! :pac: ). Send a PM my way and I'll have a looksie. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Oh you're a lad... I'll have a look if you want but if you'd rather a girls opinion it's cool lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Ill have a look at it aswell if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy's feedback: needs MOAR chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

G-Money wrote: »
    Mailed a girl on POF the other day, no reply. Last night I get an email saying she clicked Yes on the Meet me thing. What's that about? :confused:

Guess that's as ****ty as the Encounters thing on Badoo...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

I will take a look if you like, pm me the link for your profile

That would be a girls opinion. Just for clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

andreac wrote: »

The guy i was seeing for last 6 weeks has lost interest but took it for me to ask him what was going on as he couldnt seem to able to tell me himself.

Got the whole i have no time, busy with work crap, but yet hes in his friends practically every eve of the week:rolleyes:

Just wish people could be honest and just say they arent interested in you that way anymore, i had bull sh** excuses and lies.

Honestly think i need to give OD a break for a while as ive had no luck really on it for the last year or more.

Firstly, sorry to hear about that......bad enough things not working out without being messed about in the process!

I haven't had much luck myself but stick at it and something will turn up, come out on Friday.......we can bitch about our flawed dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

That's carp :(

just look forward, next time will be better ;)

Thanks guys, just losing faith at this stage.

I hate the lies, wish they could be honest. If hes so busy then why is he bothering to be online looking for people, does he think im a fool believing those stupid excuses?
    Armagh, i cant come out fri as im away to scotland, but thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement

I hate the lies, wish they could be honest. If hes so busy then why is he bothering to be online looking for people, does he think im a fool believing those stupid excuses?

I think a lot of guys (and probably gals too) just can't let go of the freedom associated with being able to play the field, but they want to have a bit of a girlfriend along with all the benefits associated with that. They want to have their cake and eat it.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think a lot of guys (and probably gals too) just can't let go of the freedom associated with being able to play the field, but they want to have a bit of a girlfriend along with all the benefits associated with that. They want to have their cake and eat it.

Do you know Galva, thats exactly how it felt to be honest, but i just wish they wouldnt make eejits out of us giving us silly excuses when i know its not true.
    I was told im a great girl:rolleyes: how patronising does that sound, eugh :(

Thanks guys, just losing faith at this stage.

It's not worthed losing time wondering why an asshole is an asshole, bad luck you crossed his way, at least you knew before it was too late.

Galvasean wrote: »

I think there are people who want that but I know personally I do really want to meet someone in the hope a relationship can develop

blacklilly wrote: »
    I think there are people who want that but I know personally I do really want to meet someone in the hope a relationship can develop

I don't mean everybody that ends a potential relationship after a few weeks is like that. However, the ones that are seeing someone for 6 weeks but still cruise the online dating sites don't strike me as giving it their full effort. A relationship cannot develope properly if one of the two is constantly on the lookout for someone else. That's what I was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I'll check it out too :)

Ah ok, i know what you mean now.
    Totally agree if you are serious about meeting someone you wont do that

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Sorry to hear that andreac :(
    Hate when they make you push them to admit things aren't working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hey. Long time lurker, first time poster on here. Have been using POF a while myself and have just not had much luck with it!! I take the time to read through profiles, and compose messages of acceptable length and grammar (lots of girls, fairly enough, say won't reply to txt spk, short messages etc.) but I might as well be playing the lotto than hoping to get a reply. Anyone have any advice, as it's kind of disheartening?

• Advertisement

Hey. Long time lurker, first time poster on here. Have been using POF a while myself and have just not had much luck with it!! I take the time to read through profiles, and compose messages of acceptable length and grammar (lots of girls, fairly enough, say won't reply to txt spk, short messages etc.) but I might as well be playing the lotto than hoping to get a reply. Anyone have any advice, as it's kind of disheartening?

Hey Mike, do you want me to take a look at your profile see if i can give you some advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement