Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hey blacklilly. That would be great if you wouldn't mind doing it :) I will PM you my link. Thanks again, and be as brutally honest as you like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Its actually the one thing I say on my profile,
    "you will know where you stand with me".
    Its the one thing about dating, online or otherwise I hate feeling, not knowing where I stand. I know you girls like to be chased, that's fine, don't play completely aloof though. Guys, just be honest, maybe not blunt, but straight forward.

PS : Date on Saturday I thought went really well, flirting from both....havent heard from her since Sunday morning :confused: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

Its actually the one thing I say on my profile,
    "you will know where you stand with me".
    Its the one thing about dating, online or otherwise I hate feeling, not knowing where I stand. I know you girls like to be chased, that's fine, don't play completely aloof though. Guys, just be honest, maybe not blunt, but straight forward.

PS : Date on Saturday went really well....havent heard from her since Sunday morning :confused: :P

maybe it wasn't that well for her :P

There is thinking outside the box :P

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I don't know what it's like for everybody else but for me when I've been chatting to somebody and a date has been organised I loose a bit of interest in chatting to others so go offline until the date. Lets say date goes well and date no 2 is organised I still don't bother going back online even if I may have got a message.

It's not me thinking oh this is it I don't need to bother chatting to anyone else....it's just me focusing on the person and seeing where it goes. I for one cannot multiple date just don't have the time, money or memory for it :D I'd probably end up mixing their names up! One guy I went on 3 dates with was telling me about him still being online (which he is obviously free to do) but I dunno why I just felt like he was still looking for something else while dating me, not really giving it a chance. Personally I couldn't do it.

P.s Date number 3 lined up with a very nice guy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hey. Long time lurker, first time poster on here. Have been using POF a while myself and have just not had much luck with it!! I take the time to read through profiles, and compose messages of acceptable length and grammar (lots of girls, fairly enough, say won't reply to txt spk, short messages etc.) but I might as well be playing the lotto than hoping to get a reply. Anyone have any advice, as it's kind of disheartening?

I'll have a look at it too for you if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Lets say date goes well and date no 2 is organised I still don't bother going back online even if I may have got a message.

So this is why you haven't messaged me back.

LOVE MEEEEEE. LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

^

How not to approach women online... or in "real life".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Aquila wrote: »
    I deffo need more pics up id say!

How many do you have up now? I think a minimum of 3 needs to be up, so people can get a look at you from different angles/lighting. :pac:
    LoTwan wrote: »
    That's carp :(

Well it is Plenty Of Fish.

(Can't think of a better joke to go with that quote, damnit!)

OOoh whens that?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I don't know what it's like for everybody else but for me when I've been chatting to somebody and a date has been organised I loose a bit of interest in chatting to others so go offline until the date. Lets say date goes well and date no 2 is organised I still don't bother going back online even if I may have got a message.

It's not me thinking oh this is it I don't need to bother chatting to anyone else....it's just me focusing on the person and seeing where it goes. I for one cannot multiple date just don't have the time, money or memory for it :D I'd probably end up mixing their names up! One guy I went on 3 dates with was telling me about him still being online (which he is obviously free to do) but I dunno why I just felt like he was still looking for something else while dating me, not really giving it a chance. Personally I couldn't do it.

Ammsy500 I am like you. I tend to do the same as you but I find guys tend to get frightened off when they see I'm not going online or I mention it. I like to concentrate on one person at a time and if i'm willing to meet them for dates then i think i should focus on giving it a reasonable shot.

I tried multiple dates in one week once, all first dates, but I felt like I was messing guys about and I couldn't remember who had said what :confused:

I have found most guys I've met have continued online and I guess it's because they think there are better options out there. A bit of the cake and eat it some else mentioned earlier.

Good luck with date 3

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'll have a look at it too for you if you want!

Hey newbee22. That would be great. I'll PM you my link. Thanks again, and be as brutally honest as you like :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Larianne wrote: »

Now is not the thyme or the plaice for that carry on :P

These jokes are terrible. You think they are funny you must be codin' me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fish puns..

This gets my SEAL of approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

Larianne wrote: »
    How many do you have up now? I think a minimum of 3 needs to be up, so people can get a look at you from different angles/lighting. :pac:

some of them using wicked angles myspace-style :D

I don't think I could do it worse :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

andreac wrote: »
    Well looks like im on the hunt again :(

The guy i was seeing for last 6 weeks has lost interest but took it for me to ask him what was going on as he couldnt seem to able to tell me himself.

Got the whole i have no time, busy with work crap, but yet hes in his friends practically every eve of the week:rolleyes:

Just wish people could be honest and just say they arent interested in you that way anymore, i had bull sh** excuses and lies.

Honestly think i need to give OD a break for a while as ive had no luck really on it for the last year or more.

The last 6 weeks for you imo has been luck? Would be better to have that than still be messing about on the internet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Gillo wrote: »
    I think I need to get into the swing of thing again and give it another shot.
    Anyone can to give my profiles a looking over before I update them?

Sent you a pm re your profile

OOoh whens that?? :)[/Quote]

Friday :) don't want to say much as I don't want to jinx myself!

That guy...since I know it was you I don't need to check it now do I :p

Would anyone mind taking a look at my profile and giving me some feedback?

Pm me the link and I will take a look

ladylost wrote: »
    Ammsy500 I am like you. I tend to do the same as you but I find guys tend to get frightened off when they see I'm not going online or I mention it. I like to concentrate on one person at a time and if i'm willing to meet them for dates then i think i should focus on giving it a reasonable shot.

I have found most guys I've met have continued online and I guess it's because they think there are better options out there. A bit of the cake and eat it some else mentioned earlier.

Good luck with date 3

I know my sister always says I should still go online as the guy might get scared off that I'm not online and to honest with you I wouldn't care. Even when I am on it I might go on it for a week and go off it for 2 weeks. Havent actually said it to guy I've gone on two dates with but we don't really talk about the online thing anyway have plenty more things to be chatting about :D

Definitely agree with the you that some guys(and girls) have a 'cake and eat it attitude' it's like hmm maybe I could do better what about that girl who messaged me the other day...on to the next one. Unless your lucky enough to meet somebody every weekend on a night out you will never have as much options I think.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    The last 6 weeks for you imo has been luck? Would be better to have that than still be messing about on the internet. :)

I have had that twice. The "2 month itch" I call it. All goes well, they chase you, full on and then all of a sudden the texts arent daily, and they back off and yes you get the story about.....I am really busy in work, I dont think I have time for a relationship bla bla bla!!!!

Sick of it at this stage

Done.....sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Check out this little beauty that I got:
    Am told i am good looking if you need to see a picture no prob im not going to bore you with the same thing your prob after read on every other profile on here so ill just put a little i have lot of goood friends was rised by a single mother i have a younger brother and sister and am very close to my family ha ok this is starting to sound like all the other profiles just going to share this i dont really think a dating site can work iv seen girls on here months the reason why is how many massages you have in your inbox 100 maybe more that is way to much an since this site is free you prob have a 1000s how can ya pick out one person out of that so here you can pick everything you want in a man how tall colour eyes smoker non smoker what type of hair ha come on that dont happen in the real world this why i think its easyer to meet someone out when your out its more real its one on one you know right away if your going to click but hey im here for you to prove me wrong so we go on a date and if we click we move forward. O please dont ask am i really 30 yes i am girls i might look young but im 30

I think my guy is losing interest...three date curse strikes again!

miaowsky wrote: »
    Check out this little beauty that I got:

Would you say this is a "copy & paste" job and he sends it out to all the girls

It is just sooooooooo frustrating......I fell your pain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I didn't know such a thing existed, at least until the weekend there when at the end of the 3rd date, I got my marching orders. I was a bit surprised as she seemed to be the one asking to meet up again but at the same time, something didn't seem quite right. She seemed like she was interested but there were a few signs which made me seriously question whether she actually was or not. I guess I was right!

It's definitely made me a wee bit wary now. And it has also caused me to instigate a new rule - "No going for dinner if there's a chance they're going to axe things at the end". I remember thinking to myself beforehand "Ah that only happens on TV when they go out for dinner and finish things with someone". But sure enough, it happens in real life too! At the same time, it was only the 3rd date so it wasn't like the chapel was booked or something. But anyway, I'd have preferred a text or call or something earlier in the week rather than going through with meeting up again.

dub5 wrote: »
    Would you say this is a "copy & paste" job and he sends it out to all the girls

Well it certainly hurt my eyes trying to decipher it!
    dub5 wrote: »
    It is just sooooooooo frustrating......I fell your pain!!!

It's ok! He did introduce me to Game of Thrones....I have much to occupy myself with now :p

G-Money wrote: »
    I didn't know such a thing existed, at least until the weekend there when at the end of the 3rd date, I got my marching orders.

It's just something I've been suffering from IRL and online....I just cannot get a 4th date!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You know those people who send messages like "hey, you look really like *insert random famewhore here* type stuff? I just got this...
    hey u are looking like aisling?

WHO THE HELL IS AISLING?

:confused: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement